Berkeley 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby SanBun » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Veritas wrote:
SanBun wrote:rejected via e-mail.

pretty devastated. I thought Berkeley would give me a chance. really down.

don't know the time. i deleted the e-mail immediately.

oh noes! SanBun, I'm so sorry.


i think i'm gonna cry.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7124
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby los blancos » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Veritas wrote:
SanBun wrote:rejected via e-mail.

pretty devastated. I thought Berkeley would give me a chance. really down.

don't know the time. i deleted the e-mail immediately.

oh noes! SanBun, I'm so sorry.



+1, I was pulling for you SanBun

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby sandiecohen47 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:40 pm

Veritas wrote:Dean Tom,

I'm following the string, but I feel like it's headed nowhere.

Tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rywUS-ohqeE

<3 Veri


Love it. Personally, I think of Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me" when it comes to Berkeley and Dean Tom. Those high-LSAT folks are the short-skirt wearing cheerleaders and I'm the band geek who gets Boalt's sense of humor.

Also, I might still be 16 years old.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby SanBun » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:40 pm

boilercat wrote:
Veritas wrote:
SanBun wrote:rejected via e-mail.

pretty devastated. I thought Berkeley would give me a chance. really down.

don't know the time. i deleted the e-mail immediately.

oh noes! SanBun, I'm so sorry.



+1, I was pulling for you SanBun


thanks guys, means a lot to me.
Out of all rejections, this one hurts the most, by far. no fr, no waitlist, just a rejection after 2 1/2 months of hoping.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby CyLaw » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Just stopping in real quick to update my status.

Dinged earlier today.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:49 pm

sandiecohen47 wrote:
Veritas wrote:Dean Tom,

I'm following the string, but I feel like it's headed nowhere.

Tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rywUS-ohqeE

<3 Veri


Love it. Personally, I think of Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me" when it comes to Berkeley and Dean Tom. Those high-LSAT folks are the short-skirt wearing cheerleaders and I'm the band geek who gets Boalt's sense of humor.

Also, I might still be 16 years old.

Oh solid choice, hahaha.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby SanBun » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Dear Berkeley Admissions,

After being under review for more than 12 weeks, the rejection e-mail today was very painful. For the sake of the mental health of future applicants, please try to not string them along as long as me and just reject them right away.
Thanks.
sanbun
Last edited by SanBun on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:52 pm

SanBun wrote:]Dear Berkeley Admissions,

After being under review for more than 12 weeks ago, the rejection e-mail today was very painful. For the sake of the mental health of future applicants, please try to not string them along as long as me and just reject them right away.
Thanks.
san

:shock:

southxii
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:11 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby southxii » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Veritas wrote:
SanBun wrote:]Dear Berkeley Admissions,

After being under review for more than 12 weeks ago, the rejection e-mail today was very painful. For the sake of the mental health of future applicants, please try to not string them along as long as me and just reject them right away.
Thanks.
san

:shock:


+1 UR on 10/20. 3 months of hoping. Ouch.

User avatar
PapantlaFlyer
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby PapantlaFlyer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:58 pm

We're reading files, making hard choices, and updating your status as it changes. Don't forget the application deadline is Monday 2/1/10!

they just tweeted

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:00 pm

PapantlaFlyer wrote:We're reading files, making hard choices, and updating your status as it changes. Don't forget the application deadline is Monday 2/1/10!

they just tweeted

thanks! I checked earlier today, but they hadn't updated.

I don't envy their job.

ughOSU
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby ughOSU » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:26 pm

Anybody else get a borderline apologetic rejection email? They invited me to try to transfer into their school next year.

e: no FR, fwiw
Last edited by ughOSU on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby tintin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:28 pm

no one under FR has gotten a decision yet, right?

:cry:

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7124
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby los blancos » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:30 pm

Veritas wrote:
PapantlaFlyer wrote:We're reading files, making hard choices, and updating your status as it changes. Don't forget the application deadline is Monday 2/1/10!

they just tweeted

thanks! I checked earlier today, but they hadn't updated.

I don't envy their job.


+1. I just wish I had their job so I could admit myself. :mrgreen:

doopwooper
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby doopwooper » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:55 pm

boilercat wrote:
Veritas wrote:
PapantlaFlyer wrote:We're reading files, making hard choices, and updating your status as it changes. Don't forget the application deadline is Monday 2/1/10!

they just tweeted

thanks! I checked earlier today, but they hadn't updated.

I don't envy their job.


+1. I just wish I had their job so I could admit myself. :mrgreen:

+1

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby sandiecohen47 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:00 pm

tintin wrote:no one under FR has gotten a decision yet, right?

:cry:


Tintin, I don't think you'll get a decision until mid-February since Faculty Review begins on Friday. But, I do envy your FR status. Some of us are in a strange limbo of silence.

doopwooper
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby doopwooper » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:04 pm

I've been UR since 11/2 and I'm expecting a rejection (although I would LOVE to be admitted) (167/3.9) so if I get in it will be a pleasant surprise. I just want to find out so I this probably false hope of having a chance to get in doesn't grow too large..

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby SanBun » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:07 pm

to all the rejects and soon to be

something to cheer you up. as an International studies buff I choose to show you...
the German EU commissioner speaking English. see if you can understand anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXPPu418C78

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby opus127 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 pm

sandiecohen47 wrote:
tintin wrote:no one under FR has gotten a decision yet, right?

:cry:


Tintin, I don't think you'll get a decision until mid-February since Faculty Review begins on Friday. But, I do envy your FR status. Some of us are in a strange limbo of silence.


Do you happen to know if all the FR decisions come out at once (around Feb 19), or might there be decisions along the way once the committee starts meeting? Just curious.

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby sandiecohen47 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:20 pm

eas331 wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:
tintin wrote:no one under FR has gotten a decision yet, right?

:cry:


Tintin, I don't think you'll get a decision until mid-February since Faculty Review begins on Friday. But, I do envy your FR status. Some of us are in a strange limbo of silence.


Do you happen to know if all the FR decisions come out at once (around Feb 19), or might there be decisions along the way once the committee starts meeting? Just curious.


On LSN last year, there were multiple waves of rejections and admittances throughout the period of FR. But these came from applicants who went complete in December and January...so I'm guessing most of these decisions came straight from Dean Tom during AR. If you look at 02-19-09, there is a LONG list of admittances, rejections and waitlists. My guess is that FR is a single wave and you'll hear in mid-February.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there are 2 FRs: one in February and one in March.

However, this year is different due to the large number of applicants, furloughs, etc. So, I could be completely wrong. Regardless, I hope you receive happy news...and soon. :D

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby opus127 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:37 pm

sandiecohen47 wrote:
eas331 wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:
tintin wrote:no one under FR has gotten a decision yet, right?

:cry:


Tintin, I don't think you'll get a decision until mid-February since Faculty Review begins on Friday. But, I do envy your FR status. Some of us are in a strange limbo of silence.


Do you happen to know if all the FR decisions come out at once (around Feb 19), or might there be decisions along the way once the committee starts meeting? Just curious.


On LSN last year, there were multiple waves of rejections and admittances throughout the period of FR. But these came from applicants who went complete in December and January...so I'm guessing most of these decisions came straight from Dean Tom during AR. If you look at 02-19-09, there is a LONG list of admittances, rejections and waitlists. My guess is that FR is a single wave and you'll hear in mid-February.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there are 2 FRs: one in February and one in March.

However, this year is different due to the large number of applicants, furloughs, etc. So, I could be completely wrong. Regardless, I hope you receive happy news...and soon. :D


Thanks for all the info. Good luck to you, too!

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby thalassocrat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:44 pm

SanBun wrote:to all the rejects and soon to be

something to cheer you up. as an International studies buff I choose to show you...
the German EU commissioner speaking English. see if you can understand anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXPPu418C78


Sorry about your ding, that really sucked. :(

I have to say I understood his German better, but I bet his spoken English is better than my spoken German. :lol:

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby calgal17 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:11 pm

SanBun wrote:
boilercat wrote:
Veritas wrote:
SanBun wrote:rejected via e-mail.

pretty devastated. I thought Berkeley would give me a chance. really down.

don't know the time. i deleted the e-mail immediately.

oh noes! SanBun, I'm so sorry.



+1, I was pulling for you SanBun


thanks guys, means a lot to me.
Out of all rejections, this one hurts the most, by far. no fr, no waitlist, just a rejection after 2 1/2 months of hoping.


I completely agree. Devastated would be the perfect word. And I was at work trying not to cry! Ouch Berkeley. Ouch.

User avatar
hhg
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby hhg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:23 pm

wow. i'm really glad that i was away from my computer most of the day - i would've gone crazy waiting. i'm sorry for everybody that got dinged... but i'm excited that you're still in the game, veritas!! i'm ur 11/9 and have heard nothing. ugh. i can't say that it makes me feel hopeful, but it is kind of a very small boost to my self-esteem (in a non-managamy way).

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:27 pm

hhg wrote:wow. i'm really glad that i was away from my computer most of the day - i would've gone crazy waiting. i'm sorry for everybody that got dinged... but i'm excited that you're still in the game, veritas!! i'm ur 11/9 and have heard nothing. ugh. i can't say that it makes me feel hopeful, but it is kind of a very small boost to my self-esteem (in a non-managamy way).

lol. Here's to hoping for good news!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: potatocowpower, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests