Berkeley 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
examplepdf
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby examplepdf » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:01 pm

bayareadunks wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:Hello, my still alive and very confused brethren. What does it all mean? UR 11/18.


UR 12/7...nervously humming Bee Gees right now...(stayin alive)


humming along with you... i'm leaving work soon so i'll just be on my berry, so I'm going to have a mini heart attack of despair every time i feel anything vibrating near me until i go to bed (i'm on the east coast; damn you PST).

User avatar
gatorlion
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby gatorlion » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Still UR 1/11!

User avatar
JetstoRJC
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby JetstoRJC » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:02 pm

I am also in the 10/22 boat. What does this mean?!?! I did finally hear back from UCLA today after no word forever....maybe that means I will hear from Berk soon too?

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby sandiecohen47 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:02 pm

Veritas wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:Hello, my still alive and very confused brethren. What does it all mean? UR 11/18.

hello Bruin :wink:


Haha! It's crazy. And I'd be proud to be a Bruin. But to be a Bear... would be unreal.

User avatar
thanksforthefish
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby thanksforthefish » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:03 pm

no via email

clint4law
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby clint4law » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:04 pm

still 11/09

User avatar
bayareadunks
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:34 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby bayareadunks » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:06 pm

sandiecohen47 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:Hello, my still alive and very confused brethren. What does it all mean? UR 11/18.

hello Bruin :wink:


Haha! It's crazy. And I'd be proud to be a Bruin. But to be a Bear... would be unreal.


I've already given this school so much (MONEY)...I feel like I deserve sooomething in return...

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby ShibaDan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:06 pm

thanksforthefish wrote:no via email


Same, but I did find the rejection e-mail to be very nice. Much nicer than G-towns.

FreshPrince
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby FreshPrince » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:07 pm

Dinged today via email. Time stamp was 2:16 pm PST

164/3.7
non URM
Strong softs and WE

Was UR 11/2. I guess they didn't lose all of our apps.

Good luck to those still waiting.

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby sandiecohen47 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:08 pm

def2104 wrote:
thanksforthefish wrote:no via email


Same, but I did find the rejection e-mail to be very nice. Much nicer than G-towns.


I think one of the reasons I didn't apply to G-town (besides that fact that I knew there was no way my LSAT would get me in) was their legendarily mean rejection letter. Those Hoyas are harsh. :cry:

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7110
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby los blancos » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:09 pm

gatorlion wrote:Still UR 1/11!


+1. The binding dream lives on, for now. I'm guessing Dean Tom at least looked at my application and decided it was too early to reject a splitter with a crazy PS.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby tram988 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 pm

clint4law wrote:still 11/09

Same 11/9 date here-- not rejected yet!!

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby tram988 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Huge long shot for me-- I feel silly for even posting in this thread. But hey I do have a few T14 waitlists; maybe I'll get lucky and collect one from Berkeley.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby crackberry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:16 pm

What does the GULC rejection say?

User avatar
Lincoln
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Lincoln » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:16 pm

Rejected by email.

UR 11/18
GPA < 25th
Median<LSAT<75th

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby wired » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:17 pm

UR 11/2, got the ding email. 169/3.44 (with decent trend). Nothing incredibly special about me as an applicant.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby tram988 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:17 pm

wired wrote:UR 11/2, got the ding email. 169/3.44 (with decent trend). Nothing incredibly special about me as an applicant.

What time did the email come?

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby sandiecohen47 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 pm

crackberry wrote:What does the GULC rejection say?


From what I've heard, there is no sugarcoating. Basically, they give you the number of people who were more qualified than you. It includes no ego boost or regrets. At least this was the case 2 years ago when a few of my close friends applied (and were denied).

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby crackberry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:22 pm

sandiecohen47 wrote:
crackberry wrote:What does the GULC rejection say?


From what I've heard, there is no sugarcoating. Basically, they give you the number of people who were more qualified than you. It includes no ego boost or regrets. At least this was the case 2 years ago when a few of my close friends applied (and were denied).

I am off to the GULC thread to explore for myself.

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:25 pm

Rejected. Not surprised but still pretty upset. Berk was definitely #1. It came through about 5:20 EST.

Well, it was fun dreaming with everyone in here for the last 3 months. Good luck...

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby tram988 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:25 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:Rejected. Not surprised but still pretty upset. Berk was definitely #1. It came through about 5:20 EST.

Well, it was fun dreaming with everyone in here for the last 3 months. Good luck...

Jeez sorry man. You have some other good schools lined up though right?

User avatar
thanksforthefish
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby thanksforthefish » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:28 pm

sandiecohen47 wrote:
def2104 wrote:
thanksforthefish wrote:no via email


Same, but I did find the rejection e-mail to be very nice. Much nicer than G-towns.


I think one of the reasons I didn't apply to G-town (besides that fact that I knew there was no way my LSAT would get me in) was their legendarily mean rejection letter. Those Hoyas are harsh. :cry:


I found Penn's rejection letter to be pretty douchey.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby SanBun » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:36 pm

rejected via e-mail.

pretty devastated. I thought Berkeley would give me a chance. really down.

don't know the time. i deleted the e-mail immediately.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:37 pm

Dean Tom,

I'm following the string, but I feel like it's headed nowhere.

Tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rywUS-ohqeE

<3 Veri

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:37 pm

SanBun wrote:rejected via e-mail.

pretty devastated. I thought Berkeley would give me a chance. really down.

don't know the time. i deleted the e-mail immediately.

oh noes! SanBun, I'm so sorry.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], tylergreenandgold, xn3345 and 4 guests