Berkeley 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
parker09

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby parker09 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:31 pm

aimhigh09 wrote:
parker09 wrote:you have to have a twitter account to read boalt's tweets?

...lame.

I don't have a twitter account, and I've been following it just fine.

http://twitter.com/BoaltAdmissions

ooooooh! I googled "berkeley law twitter" and found this: http://twitter.com/berkeleylaw which is... either blank or you need an account to follow.

Thanks!

aimhigh09

Postby aimhigh09 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:33 pm

parker09 wrote:
aimhigh09 wrote:

...lame.

I don't have a twitter account, and I've been following it just fine.

http://twitter.com/BoaltAdmissions

ooooooh! I googled "berkeley law twitter" and found this: http://twitter.com/berkeleylaw which is... either blank or you need an account to follow.

Thanks!

np. I can't get access to that other one, either. weird! maybe it just isn't an active account? anyway, I think BoaltAdmissions is where it's at. :)

nyskidude

Postby nyskidude » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:37 pm

Veritas wrote:
nyskidude wrote:

...lame.

Do you think Dean Tom will accept me if I follow Boalt on Twitter?

You still in the game, too??

I dunno man, but it's worth a try :wink:

Yeah, I'm still in the running. I am now following them on Twitter.

Dean Tom,

Just because I am following you does not mean I am a stalker. It is out of love.

Zach (inspired by Veritas)

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:48 pm

after being flat out rejected from Harvard via mass e-mail (not that I expected anything else but still hurts) and Michigan via delayed snail mail today

i am kind of going crazy. I know I'll be dinged at Berkeley, and I want them to stop torturing me. I almost wanna pick up the phone and call them, and be like, hey you're gonna reject me anyways so just do it right now.

edit: someone talk some sense into me, i'm about to do it!!!!!!

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:00 pm

@BoaltAdmissions wrote:The file reading goes on & more decisions went out yesterday. It takes time to carefully consider each app. Would you want it any other way?

Hypothetical response:
@BoaltAdmissions I like it whatever way gets me in. ;)

fonzerelli

Postby fonzerelli » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:03 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
@BoaltAdmissions wrote:The file reading goes on & more decisions went out yesterday. It takes time to carefully consider each app. Would you want it any other way?

Hypothetical response:
@BoaltAdmissions I like it whatever way gets me in. ;)

I was dinged by Berkeley the DAY after I became a "fan" of their facebook page. Coincidence? Doubtful. They must have seen the halloween pictures where I dressed like Ali G with a fur coat.

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:07 pm

regatsrj wrote:
MURPH wrote:Rejected today. Splitter 175,2.98 12 years work/military experience. Congratulations to all who got in.

Jesus that sucks. At least with your awesome LSAT score (and military experience) you're bound to get into other T14s that aren't such GPA whores.

I need to start hanging around with some LSAT whores. Maybe they will love me.

StrawberryRed89

Postby StrawberryRed89 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

cougarlive wrote:
Vegas_Rebel wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:UR 11/9. no FR. no ding (yet). sooo confused. :?

+1

+2

+3

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:36 pm

StrawberryRed89 wrote:
cougarlive wrote:
Vegas_Rebel wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:UR 11/9. no FR. no ding (yet). sooo confused. :?

+1

+2

+3

+4

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:04 am

As I mentioned before, I was UR 11/9 with no decision until this Monday. He's probably hesitating between a +1 and FR.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:05 am

managamy wrote:As I mentioned before, I was UR 11/9 with no decision until this Monday. He's probably hesitating between a +1 and FR.

that, or he's getting our files ready for rejection. according to LSN so far pretty much everyone has been auto reject for Berkeley

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:34 am

SanBun wrote:
managamy wrote:As I mentioned before, I was UR 11/9 with no decision until this Monday. He's probably hesitating between a +1 and FR.

that, or he's getting our files ready for rejection. according to LSN so far pretty much everyone has been auto reject for Berkeley

but why wouldn't we have been rejected earlier this week with the other people we were UR with?

I like managamy's thinking.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:43 am

Veritas wrote:

:shock:

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:45 am

Oli wrote:
Veritas wrote:

haha, in this case, he better be spot on!

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:12 am

Veritas wrote:
Oli wrote:
Veritas wrote:

haha, in this case, he better be spot on!

Uh oh, I hear the creaking of the guillotine. :wink:

The viewbook and other information from Boalt arrived today; it was lovely and creative, one of the better acceptance packages around.

Saya

Postby Saya » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:17 am

managamy wrote:Uh oh, I hear the creaking of the guillotine. :wink:

The viewbook and other information from Boalt arrived today; it was lovely and creative, one of the better acceptance packages around.
For someone always telling others this, shouldn't you be taking this to the In at Berkeley thread?

I think this question got lost in the thread, not sure if it was answered. Can we update our file through email? And would now be a good time, before FR?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:21 am

Saya wrote:

For someone always telling others this, shouldn't you be taking this to the In at Berkeley thread?

I think this question got lost in the thread, not sure if it was answered. Can we update our file through email? And would now be a good time, before FR?

Sorry, I didn't see that thread anywhere.

JetstoRJC

Postby JetstoRJC » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:21 am

managamy wrote:
Saya wrote:

Just because somebody may happen to be in at a particular school doesn't mean they are permanently banished from the thread...

On another note, have we come to a consensus whether the limbo status of no FR and no rejection is good or not? I have been under review since 10/22, stats are 171/3.75, and have not heard anything from Berk. What's the deal? Show me some love Berkeley!

Mr.Feeny

Postby Mr.Feeny » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:24 pm

JetstoRJC wrote:
managamy wrote:
Saya wrote:

Just because somebody may happen to be in at a particular school doesn't mean they are permanently banished from the thread...

On another note, have we come to a consensus whether the limbo status of no FR and no rejection is good or not? I have been under review since 10/22, stats are 171/3.75, and have not heard anything from Berk. What's the deal? Show me some love Berkeley!

im hoping/thinking its good news because why would only some people (who went complete from batches that were both early and late) get emails....how hard could it be for them to tack on the others to a mass emailing if they were indeed rejected. the only thing that could make sense is if theyre doing it in batches alphabetically

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Mr.Feeny wrote:im hoping/thinking its good news because why would only some people (who went complete from batches that were both early and late) get emails....how hard could it be for them to tack on the others to a mass emailing if they were indeed rejected. the only thing that could make sense is if theyre doing it in batches alphabetically

Yeah I think you have a point there. On the other hand (just to play devil's advocate), it seems that according to LSN there are still waaaaay to many people pending to really interpret no news as a good sign. But then again, it seems fair to assume that people are about twice as likely to post an acceptance than a rejection- i haven't posted any rejections, that's for sure.

So, any more arguments why no news is good news?? (and by no news i mean no FR either)

Also, when did these alleged mass e-mails go out?? Were they all rejections?? EDIT: never mind I just read a couple of pages back. And am now thoroughly convinced that no news is good news. We might still end up getting rejected, but we definitely passed the auto-reject round and still in the game.

Shaggier1

Postby Shaggier1 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Just got my packet in the mail. I believe Dean Tom said it would have information about ASW, but it doesn't...

For those admitted: did your packets contain information regarding ASW?

Thanks!

Sakura3210

Postby Sakura3210 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:53 am

Shaggier1 wrote:

Thanks!

Nope. :?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:55 am

Sakura3210 wrote:
Shaggier1 wrote:

Thanks!

Nope. :?

No.

Mroberts3

Postby Mroberts3 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:24 pm

I got the FR email a little while ago, and I'm weighing whether I should send a letter with an updated resume. Do you guys think Boalt would care? Would it be good to show interest?

FWIW -- I got a new job in Nov. 09 working at a law firm (I want to show them that I'm looking for experience in the legal field even if I'm not getting paid like a lawyer). Also, I got a fairly significant promotion at the service organization that I work for. It's basically a volunteer air search and rescue.

pearl_earrings

Postby pearl_earrings » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:06 am

Mroberts3 wrote:I got the FR email a little while ago, and I'm weighing whether I should send a letter with an updated resume. Do you guys think Boalt would care? Would it be good to show interest?

FWIW -- I got a new job in Nov. 09 working at a law firm (I want to show them that I'm looking for experience in the legal field even if I'm not getting paid like a lawyer). Also, I got a fairly significant promotion at the service organization that I work for. It's basically a volunteer air search and rescue.

+1

I was sent the FR e-mail as well. It's not really a WL... so is it appropriate to send a LOCI?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”