Berkeley 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bloodonthetracks

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby bloodonthetracks » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:35 pm

berkeley newbie here. does it go UR --> faculty review --> decision each time?

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:36 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
UR since 10/22, 169/3.93 if they've gotten the new transcript, 3.91 if not. My lack of news might be due to the transcript update, though. That's what I'm thinking anyway.

Yeah I'm updating mine too...still UR 11/18...maybe they are waiting for our transcripts...or maybe they hate us :cry:

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:50 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:berkeley newbie here. does it go UR --> faculty review --> decision each time?

There are the "Dean Tom" admits that don't even go to faculty review. There are also those who gets rejected and thus are not included in the faculty review. But 1500 or so go to FR, and apparently about 200 get admitted, the rest WLed or rejected.

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:01 pm

Oli wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
UR since 10/22, 169/3.93 if they've gotten the new transcript, 3.91 if not. My lack of news might be due to the transcript update, though. That's what I'm thinking anyway.

Yeah I'm updating mine too...still UR 11/18...maybe they are waiting for our transcripts...or maybe they hate us :cry:

They're just amazed at our awesome fall semesters.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:03 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
They're just amazed at our awesome fall semesters.

Once their eyes are back in their sockets we'll get a [strike]rejection[/strike] response?

Rawlsian

Postby Rawlsian » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:05 pm

UR since 1/11. I'll venture that perhaps not getting a FR is a good thing, at least for us who think the gestalt of our application is better than our numbers would lead someone to believe. Roughly 500/750 admits come from Dean Tom.
Last edited by Rawlsian on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

servinDizzert

Postby servinDizzert » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:29 pm

To current students, I am in the process of writing an additional addendum expressing EVEN MORE interest and was wondering if someone could help me out.

I am focusing on the Law and Economics program and was wondering if anyone has taken a class with Professor Robert Cooter. I studied Law and Economics last semester and learned a bit about him. Just wondering if there might be some things that I could add involving Cooter.

Thank youuuuuu

Just PM me if have questions or info.

parker09

Postby parker09 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:03 pm

finalaspects wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:Not necessarily. I am under review with no faculty review designation, and my GPA is basically right on their median and my LSAT is three points above the 75th. But I just submitted my application at the end of December (stupid, I know) and just went complete on the 11th, so maybe that's why. I'm worried I won't get in because I submitted too late.

I didn't mean everyone under review. I was only talking about the people who have been under review for a very long time. Such as myself since late Oct.

If you just recently applied (such as yourself), it may just mean that they haven't gotten to your application.

I've been UR since 10/22, and I'm pretty much right at median GPA and 1 pt above median LSAT... though not above the 75th in either. i still feel like it's :( news for me though, since berkeley is hard to predict on #s alone...

OrcinusOrcas

Postby OrcinusOrcas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Just got rejected via e-mail; totally expected this, so I'm not upset. I knew what I was in for, but someone very wise told me, "if you don't get a single rejection letter, you should either be going to Yale or you didn't reach high enough".

ATTN TLS'ers: Dean Tom has begun e-mailing rejections. Be prepared.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:29 pm

OrcinusOrcas wrote:Just got rejected via e-mail; totally expected this, so I'm not upset. I knew what I was in for, but someone very wise told me, "if you don't get a single rejection letter, you should either be going to Yale or you didn't reach high enough".

My philosophy in this process also.

sotomayor

Postby sotomayor » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:29 pm

ding, complete 10/22, good luck to whoever is waiting, this cycle has been murderous for some of us.

Vegas_Rebel

Postby Vegas_Rebel » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:29 pm

OrcinusOrcas wrote:Just got rejected via e-mail; totally expected this, so I'm not upset. I knew what I was in for, but someone very wise told me, "if you don't get a single rejection letter, you should either be going to Yale or you didn't reach high enough".

Did / Does your checker say "Decision" or still "Under Review" of some sort?

Edit: My condolences to those dinged. I expect to join you soon.

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:33 pm

...and the slaughter begins :?

OrcinusOrcas

Postby OrcinusOrcas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:33 pm

Vegas_Rebel wrote:

It says " A decision has been reached". Gotta love how passive that is compared to "WE rejected YOU", lol. :wink: Good luck everyone!!

PapantlaFlyer

Postby PapantlaFlyer » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:34 pm

i don't want to check my email...

thorntll

Postby thorntll » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:34 pm

OrcinusOrcas wrote:
Vegas_Rebel wrote:

It says " A decision has been reached". Gotta love how passive that is compared to "WE rejected YOU", lol. :wink: Good luck everyone!!

I love when politicians do that. "Mistakes were made."

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:35 pm

denied via email

its a relief really, so i can stop thinking "oh but just maybe"

now i can concentrate on realistic goals

Vegas_Rebel

Postby Vegas_Rebel » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:35 pm

OrcinusOrcas wrote:It says " A decision has been reached". Gotta love how passive that is compared to "WE rejected YOU", lol. :wink: Good luck everyone!!

Is that a recent change (last few hours), or more like Michigan's 'Your fate is sealed, but you won't know for days'?

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:35 pm

Vegas_Rebel wrote:

Just got my big REJECTED by email. I feel bad, while I it was reach, I wrote a PS JUST for berkeley, I really wanted to work with a professor there. SUCKS!

peyso

Postby peyso » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:36 pm

cr073137 wrote:
Vegas_Rebel wrote:

Just got my big REJECTED by email. I feel bad, while I it was reach, I wrote a PS JUST for berkeley, I really wanted to work with a professor there. SUCKS!

Just got the ding via email too :(

OrcinusOrcas

Postby OrcinusOrcas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Vegas_Rebel wrote:
OrcinusOrcas wrote:It says " A decision has been reached". Gotta love how passive that is compared to "WE rejected YOU", lol. :wink: Good luck everyone!!

Is that a recent change (last few hours), or more like Michigan's 'Your fate is sealed, but you won't know for days'?

Changed right after or before the e-mail. I check my statuses every morning and it was still under review this morning. Received the e-mail at 1:30pm PST.

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:40 pm

peyso wrote:
cr073137 wrote:
Vegas_Rebel wrote:

Just got the ding via email too :(

every minute that passes by that I don't get the rejection email, I gain a little hope. Then I refresh the page and see new posts about new dings, and I mentally start to run around like a headless chicken again. This sucks.

amichig

Postby amichig » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Also just got dinged via email. I was mostly expecting it, but thought I might have a small, tiny, tiny chance - 160, 3.4 and URM. Oh well, on to bigger and warmer things!

texasgirl22

Postby texasgirl22 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:42 pm

are the emails coming out in waves or were they all sent automatically at the same time?

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:42 pm

texasgirl22 wrote:are the emails coming out in waves or were they all sent automatically at the same time?

same question

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”