Berkeley 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:06 pm

bighead715 wrote:i iz jellus of uz zaichka


meh two

User avatar
booby87
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby booby87 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:27 pm

I hope more acceptances start to come out soon (even if they don't include me). I need something to obsess about to take my mind off Harvard...

User avatar
bilbobaggins
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby bilbobaggins » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:58 pm

To all those accepted: Have fun paying $52k in 2013 :cry:

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby bighead715 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:02 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:To all those accepted: Have fun paying $52k in 2013 :cry:


is that in-state?!?!?!

User avatar
emilybeth
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby emilybeth » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:05 pm

see page ten: http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/r ... v09/f2.pdf

interesting times 'round these parts, as a bunch of us are debating whether to strike along with the rest of the campus and potentially miss three days of classes four weeks before finals, or alternatively to cross the picket lines.

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby bighead715 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:13 pm

[
emilybeth wrote:see page ten: http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/r ... v09/f2.pdf

interesting times 'round these parts, as a bunch of us are debating whether to strike along with the rest of the campus and potentially miss three days of classes four weeks before finals, or alternatively to cross the picket lines.


annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd even if the miracle acceptance happens ... 52,000 reasons not to attend happens - are they not aware what the legal profession is going through in these times especially considering their OCIs getting spanked...

User avatar
emilybeth
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby emilybeth » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:15 pm

more context, and a vigorous debate, can be found on nuts & boalts here: http://boaltalk.blogspot.com/2009/11/wh ... -fees.html

it gives some good context, and i certainly don't mean to say that a fee increase is necessarily a bad idea, or that it won't provide very real benefit to my class and yours, and all those subsequent. but it's come as a bit of a surprise (whether or not it should have) to a lot of us.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:16 pm

bighead715 wrote:[
emilybeth wrote:see page ten: http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/r ... v09/f2.pdf

interesting times 'round these parts, as a bunch of us are debating whether to strike along with the rest of the campus and potentially miss three days of classes four weeks before finals, or alternatively to cross the picket lines.


annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd even if the miracle acceptance happens ... 52,000 reasons not to attend happens - are they not aware what the legal profession is going through in these times especially considering their OCIs getting spanked...

Well, California is in trouble and this apparently how they're trying to fix it. Three cheers for Prop 13. Ugh.

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby bighead715 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:20 pm

oh well i still <3 u berkeley

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Veritas » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:21 pm

bighead715 wrote:oh well i still <3 u berkeley

+1

User avatar
bilbobaggins
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby bilbobaggins » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:21 pm

bighead715 wrote:oh well i still <3 u berkeley


This situation is creating a major love/hate tension.

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby AlanShore » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:58 pm

I applied to UCB. A hail mary but you never know. Hourumd says roughly 10%

User avatar
worldtraveler
Posts: 7669
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby worldtraveler » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Although I hate the fee increases, I'm not sure we have any other option at this point. It also wouldn't surprise me if other law schools substantially raise tuition again in the near future, so I don't think this is unique to Berkeley.

Don't let this keep you from applying, since you won't know about merit or need based aid until you get in.

User avatar
hoopsguy6
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby hoopsguy6 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:15 pm

Damn Zaichka, 4 t14 acceptances already. Congrats! I wish I had applied as early as you did.

amidea
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby amidea » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:13 pm

hoopsguy6 wrote:Damn Zaichka, 4 t14 acceptances already. Congrats! I wish I had applied as early as you did.


+1. why couldn't i have been proactive and ambitious?

zaichka
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby zaichka » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:27 pm

This may be the first time in my life I didn't procrastinate on something. It was an excellent, excellent decision to save my willpower for law school apps :)

Good luck everyone! Dean Tom is probably reading your application right now. :D

clskelton
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:02 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby clskelton » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:32 pm

Does anyone know whether the Berkeley status page changes to "decision rendered" before you get the call / email from the Dean? Or does it still say "under review" when he calls you?

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby SanBun » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:34 pm

clskelton wrote:Does anyone know whether the Berkeley status page changes to "decision rendered" before you get the call / email from the Dean? Or does it still say "under review" when he calls you?


Yeah I was wondering the same thing...?

User avatar
bilbobaggins
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby bilbobaggins » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Just a word of warning: The status checker will most likely be on strike tomorrow and Thursday.

All statuses will probably be blank.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:41 pm

clskelton wrote:Does anyone know whether the Berkeley status page changes to "decision rendered" before you get the call / email from the Dean? Or does it still say "under review" when he calls you?

I'm pretty sure it stays the same until after you've been notified of acceptance (much the way UVA does). Zaichka could answer this better than I though...

User avatar
emilybeth
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby emilybeth » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:19 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:Just a word of warning: The status checker will most likely be on strike tomorrow and Thursday.

All statuses will probably be blank.


Wow, aren't you just so clever :roll:

Snarleyow
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Snarleyow » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:21 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:Just a word of warning: The status checker will most likely be on strike tomorrow and Thursday.

All statuses will probably be blank.


what does this even mean?

User avatar
bilbobaggins
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby bilbobaggins » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:22 pm

emilybeth wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:Just a word of warning: The status checker will most likely be on strike tomorrow and Thursday.

All statuses will probably be blank.


Wow, aren't you just so clever :roll:


I mean, we can't all read the level you have on this thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96282&p=2212331#p2212331

But the rest of us can certainly try. :P

User avatar
emilybeth
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby emilybeth » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:26 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
emilybeth wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:Just a word of warning: The status checker will most likely be on strike tomorrow and Thursday.

All statuses will probably be blank.


Wow, aren't you just so clever :roll:


I mean, we can't all read the level you have on this thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96282&p=2212331#p2212331

But the rest of us can certainly try. :P


(1) You've got a lot of nerve lecturing people on their reading comprehension, given you DON'T HAVE ANY
(2) I refuse to further engage your thread hijack
(3) Snarleyow -- BB is trying to make a joke about the fact that a large population at UCB is going on strike Wed. and Thurs. to protest, among other things, pay cuts and fee hikes. As per usual, BB is failing.

<3 :P

User avatar
bilbobaggins
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby bilbobaggins » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:35 pm

emilybeth wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:
emilybeth wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:Just a word of warning: The status checker will most likely be on strike tomorrow and Thursday.

All statuses will probably be blank.


Wow, aren't you just so clever :roll:


I mean, we can't all read the level you have on this thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96282&p=2212331#p2212331

But the rest of us can certainly try. :P


(1) You've got a lot of nerve lecturing people on their reading comprehension, given you DON'T HAVE ANY
(2) I refuse to further engage your thread hijack
(3) Snarleyow -- BB is trying to make a joke about the fact that a large population at UCB is going on strike Wed. and Thurs. to protest, among other things, pay cuts and fee hikes. As per usual, BB is failing.

<3 :P


1. I have WREADING comprehension, not WRITING comprehension. Apparently the difference between this concepts is lost on you.
2. Doubtful.
3. As usual, EB's post is the joke itself. All someone needed to do was elicit it.

:twisted:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChodeAnalBead, Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo, Lmorina126, malysh, Photomike2, trmckenz, uhwrestler, zeglo and 18 guests