Berkeley 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
los blancos

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby los blancos » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:You'd better get on it, homeslice. They love the early apps.

Yeah. I submitted in 2009.
:mrgreen:

rolark

Postby rolark » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:18 pm

tintin wrote:not bad till the 7th??? aghrrhrhr!!!! i was gearing up to be anxious today but i suppose i'll just slip back into lethargy...

I don't want to reignite your anxiety, but I sent a message to the admissions office today updating them about my new LSAT score. They replied.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:20 pm

rolark wrote:
tintin wrote:not bad till the 7th??? aghrrhrhr!!!! i was gearing up to be anxious today but i suppose i'll just slip back into lethargy...

I don't want to reignite your anxiety, but I sent a message to the admissions office today updating them about my new LSAT score. They replied.

Do they average scores?

I know they claim they do on their FAQs site. But right after that, they talk about statistical significance of scores within the s.d., which makes me think they might take the higher score if it's a significant increase...

rolark

Postby rolark » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:23 pm

boilercat wrote:
rolark wrote:

Do they average scores?

I know they claim they do on their FAQs site. But right after that, they talk about statistical significance of scores within the s.d., which makes me think they might take the higher score if it's a significant increase...

It's hard to say. I called their office last spring and they said if it's a difference of over 5 points, they take the highest. I think I also remember reading an interview with Dean Tom (maybe the TLS one?) where he was asked, "Berkeley no longer average scores, right?" and replied very directly with a, "yes." (I wish I could remember where I saw this.)

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:25 pm

boilercat wrote:
rolark wrote:

Do they average scores?

They've changed their policy to taking the highest score. This is what I was told when I called in October... plus it's proven because I and others with multiple scores were accepted.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Ok, good. Any small chance I had would be gone if they averaged my scores.

I'm rethinking of re-doing my Resume to make it more law school-friendly and asking them to politely replace that page on my application.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Oli wrote:
Veritas wrote:sweet!

haha there you go veri, couldnt find a better one :P in class and attempting to pay attention

is this still the self tar? :shock:

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Veritas wrote:
Oli wrote:

haha there you go veri, couldnt find a better one :P in class and attempting to pay attention

Yeah I'm gonna take it down when my prof let's us open our laptops again

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Oli wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Oli wrote:

wow, you're really pretty :oops:

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:49 pm

Veritas wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Oli wrote:

wow, you're really pretty :oops:

<3 :P

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:50 pm

ingrained in my <3

amidea

Postby amidea » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Oli wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Oli wrote:

put it back up!

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:21 pm

Does anyone know anything about the process of sending applicants to committee review? As in...do they send out a huge wave of rejections and then send only certain applicants to committee, or do all non-Dean Tom applicants get sent to committee review?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:22 pm

msch0i wrote:Does anyone know anything about the process of sending applicants to committee review? As in...do they send out a huge wave of rejections and then send only certain applicants to committee, or do all non-Dean Tom applicants get sent to committee review?

no idea how the committee review works, but the massive amounts of rejections via status checker starts end of January. at least it did for last year's decisions.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:28 pm

finalaspects wrote:
msch0i wrote:Does anyone know anything about the process of sending applicants to committee review? As in...do they send out a huge wave of rejections and then send only certain applicants to committee, or do all non-Dean Tom applicants get sent to committee review?

no idea how the committee review works, but the massive amounts of rejections via status checker starts end of January. at least it did for last year's decisions.

Berkeley breaks up with people via status checker???? Thats almost as bad as a post it!!!!

rolark

Postby rolark » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Last year, I received my committee review e-mail at or just after the first rejections started coming out in January.

MirandaHobbes

Postby MirandaHobbes » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Oli wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Berkeley breaks up with people via status checker???? Thats almost as bad as a post it!!!!

my dear carrie is still torn up about that one, despite her love of big. say it aint so, berk.

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:23 pm

Oli wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I don't know, I think I'd prefer being dinged that way instead of seeing a "decision rendered" and stalking the mailman while writhing in agony for days before getting the bad news :shock:

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:24 pm

msch0i wrote:
I don't know, I think I'd prefer being dinged that way instead of seeing a "decision rendered" and stalking the mailman while writhing in agony for days before getting the bad news :shock:

I guess you're right...I'm addicted to the pain

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:38 pm

I love how this thread keeps charging along even though we all know that Boalt is still closed until Thursday.

Status checker ding would >>> a rejection letter for me. One click, it's over, and you can banish them from your mind and your bookmarks forever.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:42 pm

managamy wrote:I love how this thread keeps charging along even though we all know that Boalt is still closed until Thursday.

Status checker ding would >>> a rejection letter for me. One click, it's over, and you can banish them from your mind and your bookmarks forever.

Sigh managamy, stop pretending like youre gonna get rejected anywhere...someone posted a thread a while ago asking about his chances with a 4.0/176....go talk to him

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Oli wrote:
managamy wrote:I love how this thread keeps charging along even though we all know that Boalt is still closed until Thursday.

Sigh managamy, stop pretending like youre gonna get rejected anywhere...someone posted a thread a while ago asking about his chances with a 4.0/176....go talk to him

LOL, I once posted a thread over in the "What are my chances?" forum entitled "4.11/178." People thought that I was a flame. :lol: Honestly, though, I'm expecting WLs/dings from at least 4 of my remaining 8 schools.

Oh, and I suspect that you posted a fake self-tar just to tease poor gullible veritas. :wink:

WhatUpKells

Postby WhatUpKells » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:28 am

managamy wrote:
Oli wrote:

LOL, I once posted a thread over in the "What are my chances?" forum entitled "4.11/178." People thought that I was a flame. :lol: Honestly, though, I'm expecting WLs/dings from at least 4 of my remaining 8 schools.

Oh, and I suspect that you posted a fake self-tar just to tease poor gullible veritas. :wink:

YPs, you mean? No one here pities you.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:08 am

managamy wrote:
Oli wrote:

It was real...I must have missed your thread or I would have surely commented on your horrible chances

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am

Huh, I'm sorry that I missed the self-tar then. :wink:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”