Berkeley 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jumpinjackflash
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby jumpinjackflash » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:40 pm

really thought wed see alot of movement today before they close up shop for holidays...

Neelio
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Neelio » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:41 pm

me too.

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby savesthedayajb » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:58 pm

Complete today, submitted yesterday.

SaraT
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby SaraT » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:29 pm

This is depressing.

aimhigh09
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby aimhigh09 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:32 pm

SaraT wrote:This is depressing.


+1. I guess no news is better than huge wave of rejections. Look's like we'll be waiting til next year.

User avatar
Shaggier1
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Shaggier1 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:
He's making calls!!!! I just got mine about an hour ago :D :D :D

I can't believe I am in this early. I thought I had a chance maybe via committee review sometime in March... but never did I think I would get an outright acceptance (with phone call and a flight for ASW!) before Christmas. I am honored.


Congrats, numbers twin :) I'm hoping that your acceptance translates into some luck for me too!


Thanks, Vegas! I share that hope :)

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Emma. » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:19 am

Shaggier1 wrote:He's making calls!!!! I just got mine about an hour ago :D :D :D

I can't believe I am in this early. I thought I had a chance maybe via committee review sometime in March... but never did I think I would get an outright acceptance (with phone call and a flight for ASW!) before Christmas. I am honored.


Yesssss Shaggier! I'm so stoked to get to meet you IRL in April!

User avatar
Shaggier1
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Shaggier1 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:50 am

Yesssss Shaggier! I'm so stoked to get to meet you IRL in April!


Dude, seriously. It is going to be a great weekend.

User avatar
OneKnight
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby OneKnight » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:54 am

aimhigh09 wrote:
SaraT wrote:This is depressing.


+1. I guess no news is better than huge wave of rejections. Look's like we'll be waiting til next year.


+2. I wonder whether this means those of us still in (assuming we're not included in the R pile) are going to committee....

User avatar
Rotor
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Rotor » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:26 am

OneKnight wrote:
aimhigh09 wrote:
SaraT wrote:This is depressing.


+1. I guess no news is better than huge wave of rejections. Look's like we'll be waiting til next year.


+2. I wonder whether this means those of us still in (assuming we're not included in the R pile) are going to committee....

You'll be told when that happens. Also, I don't think you have to worry about that (yet). Last year, I applied in the first few weeks apps were open, yet didn't get my "Dean Tom" admit until mid-/late-Jan.

User avatar
musketeerlady
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby musketeerlady » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:03 pm

Sorry if I miss this, but we'll be notified if our files are passed to committee review by status checker/ email? Thanks, and Merry Xmas!

jocelyne
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:15 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby jocelyne » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:12 pm

...
Last edited by jocelyne on Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:50 pm

Rotor wrote:
OneKnight wrote:
aimhigh09 wrote:
SaraT wrote:This is depressing.


+1. I guess no news is better than huge wave of rejections. Look's like we'll be waiting til next year.


+2. I wonder whether this means those of us still in (assuming we're not included in the R pile) are going to committee....

You'll be told when that happens. Also, I don't think you have to worry about that (yet). Last year, I applied in the first few weeks apps were open, yet didn't get my "Dean Tom" admit until mid-/late-Jan.


Wow, this comment is very reassuring. I applied in late October and am above both 75ths, so hopefully the same thing will happen to me!

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:51 pm

musketeerlady wrote:Sorry if I miss this, but we'll be notified if our files are passed to committee review by status checker/ email? Thanks, and Merry Xmas!


Reportedly, they do send an email.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:59 pm

managamy wrote:
musketeerlady wrote:Sorry if I miss this, but we'll be notified if our files are passed to committee review by status checker/ email? Thanks, and Merry Xmas!


Reportedly, they do send an email.


Shouldn't you be stealing xmas?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:00 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
managamy wrote:
musketeerlady wrote:Sorry if I miss this, but we'll be notified if our files are passed to committee review by status checker/ email? Thanks, and Merry Xmas!


Reportedly, they do send an email.


Shouldn't you be stealing xmas?


Mine is certainly merry and bright, with 7 top-20s. Happy Holidays to you!

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:02 pm

managamy wrote:Mine is certainly merry and bright, with 7 top-20s. Happy Holidays to you!


Mine is merry and bright with 4.5 glasses of wine. Happy Holidays back at you bro

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Emma. » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:16 pm

managamy wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
managamy wrote:
musketeerlady wrote:Sorry if I miss this, but we'll be notified if our files are passed to committee review by status checker/ email? Thanks, and Merry Xmas!


Reportedly, they do send an email.


Shouldn't you be stealing xmas?


Mine is certainly merry and bright, with 7 top-20s. Happy Holidays to you!


Wow.

knola002
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:36 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby knola002 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:37 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
managamy wrote:Mine is certainly merry and bright, with 7 top-20s. Happy Holidays to you!


Mine is merry and bright with 4.5 glasses of wine. Happy Holidays back at you bro
That's the way to do it. Who needs law school acceptances when there is two buck chuck?

User avatar
booby87
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby booby87 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:41 am

.
Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:01 am

Minus 100 on the 2 Buck Chuck. Worst hangover of my life. I love wine too much to touch that shit.

Three cheers to Boalt being an hour from Napa Valley!

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2777
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby forza » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:06 am

+1 to a great weekend in Berkeley w/ Shag, Em, et al.!

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7110
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby los blancos » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:13 pm

Anyone have any advice on whether it's worth an addendum for an upward GPA trend if there weren't really any serious circumstances behind it? Will they notice on their own?

amidea
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby amidea » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:17 pm

boilercat wrote:Anyone have any advice on whether it's worth an addendum for an upward GPA trend if there weren't really any serious circumstances behind it? Will they notice on their own?


I'm no expert but I don't think there's any reason to write an addendum for that, especially there's no explanation or circumstance behind it. Considering they've been doing this for years I'm sure they're very well trained to look for upward GPA trends and I don't think they're looking for an weak explanation because it pretty much explains itself. But what do I know?

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby ccs224 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:55 am

managamy wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
managamy wrote:
musketeerlady wrote:Sorry if I miss this, but we'll be notified if our files are passed to committee review by status checker/ email? Thanks, and Merry Xmas!


Reportedly, they do send an email.


Shouldn't you be stealing xmas?


Mine is certainly merry and bright, with 7 top-20s. Happy Holidays to you!


Classy.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests