Berkeley 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
amidea
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby amidea » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:56 pm

HJO wrote:submitted today. lets see how much my gpa can out weight my lsat.


I, on the other hand, pray that my LSAT seriously outweighs my GPA. Too bad we can't share..

User avatar
letsgojayhawks
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby letsgojayhawks » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:49 pm

amidea wrote:
HJO wrote:submitted today. lets see how much my gpa can out weight my lsat.


I, on the other hand, pray that my LSAT seriously outweighs my GPA. Too bad we can't share..


+1. I wish I could go back and tell my freshman self to NOT go out the night before a test. I just keep comforting myself with Berkeley's supposed unpredictability.

User avatar
hhg
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby hhg » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:48 pm

just got the under review email... submitted 11/6 & went complete yesterday. so fast! hopefully they aren't just trying to get the rejects out of the way more quickly. ugh.

User avatar
Chichaca
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Chichaca » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Under review!

Tex_Mex13
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:40 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Tex_Mex13 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:01 pm

It is a pain to have to wade through all the "I just sent my app!" and "OMG the status date changed" posts and find nothing about actual decisions.


+

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby gymboree » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:04 pm

it seems like a batch of people just went under review. let the acceptances begin!

User avatar
grrrstick
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby grrrstick » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:05 pm

How does Cal usually let people know what their decision is? So excited!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:13 pm

grrrstick wrote:How does Cal usually let people know what their decision is? So excited!

Email or phone call. They explicitly state somewhere that they are paperless hippies (no joke).

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby cougarlive » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Just went under review... here's to hoping! (sent 11/05, complete 11/06)

amidea
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby amidea » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:40 pm

gymboree wrote:it seems like a batch of people just went under review. let the acceptances begin!


Yep you can add me to the list of people who seem to have gone under review today. Keeping my fingers crossed... any bets on when we'll start hearing?

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby goodolgil » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:42 pm

under review as well.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27986
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:43 pm

I am guessing we'll hear within 2-4 weeks. But that is for the first batch to go under review (I think I went under review about two weeks ago?).
Last edited by Kronk on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rm21
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:42 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby rm21 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:46 pm

.
Last edited by rm21 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
marbletop
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby marbletop » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:48 pm

VoidSix wrote:I am guessing we'll hear within 2-4 weeks. But that is for the first batch to go under review (I think I went under review about two weeks ago?).


3 weeks ago for me. I'm almost bored of my status checker.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27986
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:49 pm

Yeah I don't even check it anymore. I just looked up Berkeley's area code off the internet and know to pick up any calls from 510 numbers.

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:53 pm

Under review as well...fingers crossed.

clint4law
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby clint4law » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:01 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:Under review as well...fingers crossed.


count me in....when do you guys think we'll hear back?

User avatar
DallasCowboy
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby DallasCowboy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:03 pm

is it too late to apply? I sort of forgot to. Also, how does Cal compare to other state schools such as Virginia and Michigan? The only thing scaring me away is the rapidly rising tuition.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:11 pm

I've been under review since 10/19, which I believe is the first day anyone went under review given that I applied on 10/1, when the app became available on LSAC.

Here's to hoping that means an early decision as well.

eakelley
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby eakelley » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:13 pm

under review as well! here's hoping we'll hear soon...

protokurios
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:49 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby protokurios » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:13 pm

crackberry wrote:I've been under review since 10/19, which I believe is the first day anyone went under review given that I applied on 10/1, when the app became available on LSAC.

Here's to hoping that means an early decision as well.


Same here, applied 10/1, under review since 10/19.

User avatar
worldtraveler
Posts: 7663
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby worldtraveler » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Guys, I don't want to zap all hope of hearing soon, but last year there were few people hearing this early. For most people it took a fair amount of time. I wouldn't expect to hear right away unless you're the epitome of what Berkeley wants. The posters I remember getting in this early were people like AmyLAChemist and muddywaters, whose stats and experiences just screamed Berkeley.

You also can't take waiting as a bad sign because if you get sent to faculty review, you won't hear about that until January at the earliest. If you have sub-par #s, that can keep your hope alive.

I applied last year around this time. I didn't hear a THING until February, and I assumed I was rejected. Then I got in under faculty review in March. If I remember correctly, Berkeley does waves of rejections. If your application is in and you survive one of those or two, chances are you are going to faculty review.

Good luck, just don't panic!

sfdreaming09
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby sfdreaming09 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:58 pm

Yeah it seems like the first big batch of acceptances last year went out on 11/25.

southxii
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:11 am

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby southxii » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:11 pm

Really? So i have to wait at least three weeks before bad-mouthing Berkeley and telling everyone that i didn't want to go so they don't think i'm a loser when i don't get in?

This is really putting a crimp in my plans.

No but seriously, i would never bad-mouth you Boalt.

amidea
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby amidea » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:18 pm

worldtraveler wrote:Guys, I don't want to zap all hope of hearing soon, but last year there were few people hearing this early. For most people it took a fair amount of time. I wouldn't expect to hear right away unless you're the epitome of what Berkeley wants. The posters I remember getting in this early were people like AmyLAChemist and muddywaters, whose stats and experiences just screamed Berkeley.

You also can't take waiting as a bad sign because if you get sent to faculty review, you won't hear about that until January at the earliest. If you have sub-par #s, that can keep your hope alive.

I applied last year around this time. I didn't hear a THING until February, and I assumed I was rejected. Then I got in under faculty review in March. If I remember correctly, Berkeley does waves of rejections. If your application is in and you survive one of those or two, chances are you are going to faculty review.

Good luck, just don't panic!


How does the Berkeley process work? You only get sent to faculty review in certain circumstances?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, amberb94, Google Adsense [Bot], Houzy, Keilz, spursforever and 15 guests