Berkeley 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
FZJ80

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby FZJ80 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:44 pm

managamy wrote:
FZJ80 wrote:Also accepted to Berkeley Law, today!

I submitted my app on Nov 19. Pretty snappy turn around, less than three weeks!

/stoked

Congrats! When and how did you find out?

By email, at 11:41 AM PST.

I admit, TLS was not the first place I headed. GL to everyone, and congrats to admits. I am still stunned I heard back in less than three weeks!

bilbobaggins

Postby bilbobaggins » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:45 pm

crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:I was pretty socially secluded (by choice, to maintain my focus for my work) during UG so far, for which I suppose that I may be compensating now.

There are times when I've though to myself, "Damn, if only I hadn't spend so much time drinking / hanging with girls / having fun in UG, I'd have a 180, 4.0," but then I realize that you only live once and I immediately don't regret it.

TITCR. Look where it got me. ;)

(Also, I fixed the crucial part).

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:46 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:I was pretty socially secluded (by choice, to maintain my focus for my work) during UG so far, for which I suppose that I may be compensating now.

There are times when I've though to myself, "Damn, if only I hadn't spend so much time drinking / hanging with girls / having fun in UG, I'd have a 180, 4.0," but then I realize that you only live once and I immediately don't regret it.

TITCR. Look where it got me. ;)

(Also, I fixed the crucial part).

Noticed immediately.

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:48 pm

FZJ80 wrote:
managamy wrote:

/stoked

I admit, TLS was not the first place I headed. GL to everyone, and congrats to admits. I am still stunned I heard back in less than three weeks!

i'm so jealous

tintin

Postby tintin » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:50 pm

OK, so for those of us who applied early (complete 10/22 here), is the consensus that it's safe to assume we are either waitlisted, rejected, or sent to the faculty review? does berkeley tell you that they're sending your app to faculty review and if so, around when would that be?

amidea

Postby amidea » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:50 pm

Managamy, you're a guy?! your tar always made me think you were a girl. not that that's always indicative, but i had just assumed, until i checked out your profile...whoops.

amidea

Postby amidea » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:51 pm

tintin wrote:OK, so for those of us who applied early (complete 10/22 here), is the consensus that it's safe to assume we are either waitlisted, rejected, or sent to the faculty review? does berkeley tell you that they're sending your app to faculty review and if so, around when would that be?

If you haven't been accepted after being complete for quite a while, aren't those the only three options? Unless I'm missing something, seems pretty safe to assume it's one of those three..

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:52 pm

if you want to be more social, you might want to do it in person....i'm not sure posting incessantly online counts as being social....in fact, it may imply the opposite.

regatsrj

Postby regatsrj » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:53 pm

FZJ80 wrote:
managamy wrote:

/stoked

Oh fuck, now I can officially panic. I submitted 11/19, went under review 11/30, and haven't heard a thing. I figured I had a few more weeks before mid-Nov. submits would start hearing anything. THANKS.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:54 pm

amidea wrote:Managamy, you're a guy?! your tar always made me think you were a girl. not that that's always indicative, but i had just assumed, until i checked out your profile...whoops.

You're the umpteenth person to make that remark. :lol:

FZJ80

Postby FZJ80 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:54 pm

managamy wrote:
crackberry wrote:

There are times when I've though to myself, "Damn, if only I hadn't spend so much time drinking / chasing (mediocre) girls / having fun in UG, I'd have a 180, 4.0," but then I realize that you only live once and I immediately don't regret it.

I'm sure, and nor do I regret the choices that I have made. I've always prioritized career / professional aspirations over anything in personal life; it's worked for me so far. It would be impossible for me to stop saying "what if?" to myself if I had made a choice that potentially undermined my work for personal matters. I've always measured myself by statistical achievements.

And V6, why exactly are you LOL'ing at me? :wink:

To each their own, you know? I am sure any school will love having another academically driven person. However, a top law school, to me, was not worth sacrificing my college years - certainly the most enjoyable years of my life thus far. With few exceptions, I think an amazing career without a budding personal life is nonsense. This is also the vibe I receive from Boalt and Dean Tom.

Congrats though, and perhaps we will someday be classmates

FZJ80

Postby FZJ80 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:57 pm

regatsrj wrote:
FZJ80 wrote:
managamy wrote:

/stoked

Oh fuck, now I can officially panic. I submitted 11/19, went under review 11/30, and haven't heard a thing. I figured I had a few more weeks before mid-Nov. submits would start hearing anything. THANKS.

Dang, I went under review 11/30 also. GL bro

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:57 pm

FZJ80 wrote:
To each their own, you know? I am sure any school will love having another academically driven person. However, a top law school, to me, was not worth sacrificing my college years - certainly the most enjoyable years of my life thus far. With few exceptions, I think an amazing career without a budding personal life is nonsense. This is also the vibe I receive from Boalt and Dean Tom.

Congrats though, and perhaps we will someday be classmates

That would be great! And I agree with your assessment of the Boalt vibe, which is why I'm less confident about my chances here than most places.

amidea

Postby amidea » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:02 pm

managamy wrote:
amidea wrote:Managamy, you're a guy?! your tar always made me think you were a girl. not that that's always indicative, but i had just assumed, until i checked out your profile...whoops.

You're the umpteenth person to make that remark. :lol:

Sorry :oops: I'm not up to date on these revelations...

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:24 pm

Haven't been dinged yet... but i told my whole family that tonight. don't want to break the news to my hard working single mother over christmas so i figured i would get it out of the way early. i feel better... i guess. FML.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:30 pm

Neelio wrote:Haven't been dinged yet... but i told my whole family that tonight. don't want to break the news to my hard working single mother over christmas so i figured i would get it out of the way early. i feel better... i guess. FML.

:roll:

Mosca

Postby Mosca » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Neelio wrote:Haven't been dinged yet... but i told my whole family that tonight. don't want to break the news to my hard working single mother over christmas so i figured i would get it out of the way early. i feel better... i guess. FML.

The other emo kids say that cutting yourself makes the pain on the inside go away

5ky

Postby 5ky » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Last edited by 5ky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:38 pm

5ky wrote:
Mosca wrote:

The other emo kids say that cutting yourself makes the pain on the inside go away

Haha yeah wow, that is intense man.

this guy must not be aware of the faculty review option.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Veritas wrote:
5ky wrote:
Mosca wrote:

Haha yeah wow, that is intense man.

this guy must not be aware of the faculty review option.

Who would want an acceptance that way? Its tainted. I'm tempted to respond to an acceptance email with a stern "No thank you-- I want Dean Tom to call."

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:58 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Who would want an acceptance that way? Its tainted. I'm tempted to respond to an acceptance email with a stern "No thank you-- I want Dean Tom to call."

:lol: get back to us on that!

Dean Tom,

I will be happy to receive an acceptance in any form: carrier pigeon, Wells Fargo Wagon, Humpback whale, etc.

In hopeful anticipation,

<3 Veritas

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:02 am

Veritas wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Who would want an acceptance that way? Its tainted. I'm tempted to respond to an acceptance email with a stern "No thank you-- I want Dean Tom to call."

Dean Tom,

I will be happy to receive an acceptance in any form: carrier pigeon, Wells Fargo Wagon, Humpback whale, etc.

In hopeful anticipation,

<3 Veritas

+1

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:06 am

Veritas wrote:

Dean Tom,

In hopeful anticipation,

<3 Veritas

Yay dean Tom letters from veritas!!! I thought you guys were on nickname basis....

And managamy, V6 lol'd cause you said that TLS is the be all and end all of your social life...go get laid man

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Oli wrote:
Veritas wrote:

Dean Tom,

In hopeful anticipation,

<3 Veritas

Yay dean Tom letters from veritas!!! I thought you guys were on nickname basis....

And managamy, V6 lol'd cause you said that TLS is the be all and end all of your social life...go get laid man

I know; I was hoping to get another witty response from him.

You make life sound so easy... :D

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:10 am

Oli wrote:
Veritas wrote:

Dean Tom,

In hopeful anticipation,

<3 Veritas

When people tell others to go get laid, it's so credited and so useless at the same time...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”