Berkeley 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby michstudent10 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:21 pm

I'm an UR 11/2 ... I will actually be sooo sad if that means I'm not getting in. I refuse to be pessimistic!!! Haha consider my fingers permanently crossed until a decision is made.

JohnYuu
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby JohnYuu » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:22 pm

5ky wrote:Yep, still UR 11/02. Looks like I'll be heading to the committee review. What's another 3-4 months? :(

Did they tell you this? Or do all of us get sent to committee review. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he only sends certain applicants to the committee. The decent thing for them to do is let us know asap if our app is one of those.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:22 pm

cougit wrote:I've come to the conclusion that all PAC10 schools are judging my based on my school's football performance.



Ahh, I wondered if you were from WSU

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby sandiecohen47 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:23 pm

JohnYuu wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:Have some hope! Committee review has not happened yet. Hearing nothing today is NOT the kiss of death. Be patient!

I might be in denial but I think a lot of us have a chance to get in around February or March.

(This is my first post, btw. Hi TLS!)


I don't appreciate this optimism.

Yes. As of now I just want my rejection.


Haha, I'll go sail the USS: Optimism thread. But, in the meantime, good luck to all of you.

User avatar
CoutureChiq
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby CoutureChiq » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:23 pm

Email from Dean Tom today. It's real!!

cougit
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby cougit » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:26 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
cougit wrote:I've come to the conclusion that all PAC10 schools are judging my based on my school's football performance.



Ahh, I wondered if you were from WSU


on the east coast I count as diversity... but on the west coast i'm just another student from an undergrad with a bad academic reputation.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:27 pm

cougit wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
cougit wrote:I've come to the conclusion that all PAC10 schools are judging my based on my school's football performance.



Ahh, I wondered if you were from WSU


on the east coast I count as diversity... but on the west coast i'm just another student from an undergrad with a bad academic reputation.



PS: BOW DOWN!!

GO HUSKIES. :)

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Email receivers: post your times received imo. Trickle vs. waves vs. uniform.

User avatar
OneKnight
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby OneKnight » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:28 pm

So did these e-mails all come at the same time? Are they still coming?

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6367
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby 5ky » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:29 pm

.
Last edited by 5ky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6367
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby 5ky » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:29 pm

.
Last edited by 5ky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

cougit
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby cougit » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:30 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
cougit wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
cougit wrote:I've come to the conclusion that all PAC10 schools are judging my based on my school's football performance.



Ahh, I wondered if you were from WSU


on the east coast I count as diversity... but on the west coast i'm just another student from an undergrad with a bad academic reputation.



PS: BOW DOWN!!

GO HUSKIES. :)


Oh dear...

Despite what they told you in orientation...UW does not equal Princeton. :wink:

caved
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby caved » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:30 pm

Hmm I'm noticing a lot of HLS 11/23 admits on LSN still "pending" for Berkeley (myself included)... obviously it's not unheard of to get into Harvard and not Berkeley, but they can't reject all of us, can they? Could this potentially be good news for those of us still in limbo...?

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby Amelie » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:30 pm

kittenmittons wrote:Email receivers: post your times received imo. Trickle vs. waves vs. uniform.


Received at 2:42 EST

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:32 pm

cougit wrote:
Oh dear...

Despite what they told you in orientation...UW does not equal Princeton. :wink:


But it does equal way better than WSU :) :lol: I only went there for two years and now live in Washington DC, so I am not that hardcore, but man did the WSU football teams asses hurt after that Apple Cup pounding??

Jsut giving you a hard time, did you grow up in Washington?

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:32 pm

caved wrote:Hmm I'm noticing a lot of HLS 11/23 admits on LSN still "pending" for Berkeley (myself included)... obviously it's not unheard of to get into Harvard and not Berkeley, but they can't reject all of us, can they? Could this potentially be good news for those of us still in limbo...?


Go to H. W/D from B.

HTH

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:33 pm

maggiebre wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:Email receivers: post your times received imo. Trickle vs. waves vs. uniform.


Received at 2:42 EST

Yeah 11:42 PST (2:42 EST) for me as well.

cougit
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby cougit » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:33 pm

caved wrote:Hmm I'm noticing a lot of HLS 11/23 admits on LSN still "pending" for Berkeley (myself included)... obviously it's not unheard of to get into Harvard and not Berkeley, but they can't reject all of us, can they? Could this potentially be good news for those of us still in limbo...?


they tracked us on LSN/TLS... figured out who we are... and refuse to accept anyone who got into HLS on principle. Down with the man, says Boalt.

village-idiot
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby village-idiot » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:33 pm

WOO!
Application sent Nov 18, decision was today @ 3:00 pm.

Definitely one of my top choices

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby owhlcn » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:34 pm

2:41 EST

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:34 pm

owhlcn wrote:2:41 EST


WE HAVE VARIANCE! REJOICE HOPEFULS



not

User avatar
rolark
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby rolark » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:34 pm

JohnYuu wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:Have some hope! Committee review has not happened yet. Hearing nothing today is NOT the kiss of death. Be patient!

I might be in denial but I think a lot of us have a chance to get in around February or March.

(This is my first post, btw. Hi TLS!)


I don't appreciate this optimism.

Yes. As of now I just want my rejection.

I applied last year and since Berkeley was my first choice, I applied only there with the thought that, if rejected, I'd have a chance to retake the LSAT and spread out my options next (this) cycle.

Last year I applied early and was sent to the faculty committee, and didn't hear that news until January. I believe I heard I was put on the wait list sometime during March with an e-mail that said my quartile ranking would be available around May. In May, I heard I was in the top quartile, in June I received an e-mail saying they would probably use their wait list. In August, they told me they probably wouldn't be offering any more acceptances.

It was a very long process, and I just wanted an answer. However, given my GPA was just below median and my LSAT was several points below their 25% mark, I was surprised they stuck with me that long and even put me on the top of their wait list.

Yes, the waiting is straining, but, honestly, it's way too early to give up hope at this point. More acceptances WILL come. Good luck everyone!
Last edited by rolark on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cougit
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby cougit » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:36 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
cougit wrote:
Oh dear...

Despite what they told you in orientation...UW does not equal Princeton. :wink:


But it does equal way better than WSU :) :lol: I only went there for two years and now live in Washington DC, so I am not that hardcore, but man did the WSU football teams asses hurt after that Apple Cup pounding??

Jsut giving you a hard time, did you grow up in Washington?


Grew up near Seattle as part of a husky-loving family. I was planning on going to UW until the summer before when I realized purple and pretentiousness are not good colors for me. But I have several friends there... and no real beef with the school.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:38 pm

cougit wrote:Grew up near Seattle as part of a husky-loving family. I was planning on going to UW until the summer before when I realized purple and pretentiousness are not good colors for me. But I have several friends there... and no real beef with the school.


You like to go hoggin?

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6367
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby 5ky » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:38 pm

.
Last edited by 5ky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Cfitz, lawschool55, Long shot hero, mav1993, trueblue92 and 14 guests