Berkeley 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
OrcinusOrcas

Re: Berkeley 2010

Postby OrcinusOrcas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:03 pm

For those of you who have received calls with good news...did your status checker change too? If so, how long after the call?

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:05 pm

mine still says UR 11/18/09. i was accepted via phone call on 12/3.

dean tom mentioned that it could take up to two weeks to change.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:26 pm

looks like a no-go on the day... wah wah wah

daesonesb

Postby daesonesb » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:46 pm

thorntll wrote:Boalt Twitter update:

C-c-c-cold weather (the California version) is driving us to cozy up with a (virtual) pile of applications and get lots more reading done.

You mean cozy up with a pile of applications and HAND OUT A BUNCH OF REJECTIONS?!?!?!?!??!? Bastards....

And, the weather in San Fran isn't that great. Sure it doesn't usually get super cold in winters, but the summers aren't stereotypical California weather either. Thing is, if you go an hour inland, it warms up by about 15 degrees, and the cloudiness is gone. That said, maybe Berkeley is better because it's off the open ocean. Only been there once and it was quite nice.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:49 pm

I just realized, I spend most of my day in a no cell signal area. So if by some miracle I was accepted, due to their policy to call only once and not leave a voice mail, I wouldn't know it.

AHHHHHH. I am fairly certain I was not accepted, but now this drives me crazy.

Edit: and to top it off, I just an email with a subject line about going to Berkeley and it was an announcement about a summer research program there in Computer Science.

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:58 pm

had a horrible nightmare last night that I was at Boalt and waiting in line the first day of school or ASD or something.... the girls behind the table were nice, almost too nice. Then they sent me over to Dean Tom's line, where he had everyone's names written in grids on big tablets of display board. He flipped through a bunch of them, lots of names were highlighted, other names had check-marks, there was no way to know who had been admitted just by looking at them. He found my name. I stood there, and he just nodded in the negative and said, "I'm sorry, we just can't." Suddenly all the nice girls were chasing me off, I was running as fast as I could only it's Russia now and snowing outside, I'm wet and cold, then it starts raining, they're trying to lock me up in a jail. I'm trapped in a soggy, wet pool area of a hotel and can't get out.

Is there a website for LS admissions cycle dreams? What, does this mean I end up in Seattle or Ithaca? :D

Tangerine Gleam

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:06 pm

Has anyone received their acceptance packet yet?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:09 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:Has anyone received their acceptance packet yet?

Nope. In the interest of those still waiting, should we take our admit-related questions to a new thread? I feel like it's the courteous thing to do and I requested they do it for Harvard, which they did.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:14 pm

crackberry wrote:

Nope. In the interest of those still waiting, should we take our admit-related questions to a new thread? I feel like it's the courteous thing to do and I requested they do it for Harvard, which they did.

Appreciate the thought. But I am fine with you all still using this thread. Now if you committed then sure start the Berkeley Class of 2013 thread, but I don't care if you discuss admit-related items.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:19 pm

CyLaw wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Appreciate the thought. But I am fine with you all still using this thread. Now if you committed then sure start the Berkeley Class of 2013 thread, but I don't care if you discuss admit-related items.

Well, I'm too lazy to start it, but I just thought I'd suggest it in case people still waiting don't want to be bothered with admit-related questions.

Tangerine Gleam

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:20 pm

I think that's not a bad idea. The thread is getting pretty long, and it's only December. I'll start it.

thorntll

Postby thorntll » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:55 pm

This is ridonkulous. They were already behind by not letting a batch in before Thanksgiving, and now with yesterday and today, they are WAY behind. I AM SUPPOSED TO BE FULL OF EFFING CHRISTMAS SPIRIT RIGHT NOW.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:38 pm

come on berktown.......................... i've been staring at my blackberry all day waiting for an email or a phone callllll!!!

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:41 pm

thorntll wrote:This is ridonkulous. They were already behind by not letting a batch in before Thanksgiving, and now with yesterday and today, they are WAY behind. I AM SUPPOSED TO BE FULL OF EFFING CHRISTMAS SPIRIT RIGHT NOW.

exactly. +1
I haven't even gotten a tree yet. And it's all Boalt's fault. Darn tree huggers.

thorntll

Postby thorntll » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:43 pm

I'm banking on the hope that they will send out e-mails today. I read somewhere (probably on these forums, but I couldn't find it again, it was from last year's thread) that they usually send out the e-mails at the end of the day (so, 8pm for us on the East Coast). The poster assumed that this was because they didn't want 9,823,792,347 calls.

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:45 pm

thorntll wrote:I'm banking on the hope that they will send out e-mails today. I read somewhere (probably on these forums, but I couldn't find it again, it was from last year's thread) that they usually send out the e-mails at the end of the day (so, 8pm for us on the East Coast). The poster assumed that this was because they didn't want 9,823,792,347 calls.

Should we ready the guillotine just in case, or have our dwindling hopes led us to give that up?

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:48 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
thorntll wrote:I'm banking on the hope that they will send out e-mails today. I read somewhere (probably on these forums, but I couldn't find it again, it was from last year's thread) that they usually send out the e-mails at the end of the day (so, 8pm for us on the East Coast). The poster assumed that this was because they didn't want 9,823,792,347 calls.

Should we ready the guillotine just in case, or have our dwindling hopes led us to give that up?

Do we have the energy for that? Perhaps we should just fling wads of wet toilet paper or something?

thorntll

Postby thorntll » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:51 pm

gymboree wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:

Do we have the energy for that? Perhaps we should just fling wads of wet toilet paper or something?

Don't worry... If I don't hear something soon, I'm just going to kill myself anyway and you'll be saved the trouble.

Sigh.

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:52 pm

emails for what? admit/waitlist/ding?

Mr. Pablo

Postby Mr. Pablo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:54 pm

If only that many people would be accepted. I am just hoping to be among the 800 or so. Unlikely, but I would take it in a heart beat. Did you hear that Dean Tom? I would enroll over the phone with you. Please take me. I will make you a great roasted chicken. Or, if you are a vegetarian, I make the best macaroni and cheese this side of the Mississippi.

Saya

Postby Saya » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:55 pm

clint4law wrote:

I don't care! Anything. If they don't want me, tell me now and end my misery! (Although I do very very very much prefer an acceptance. :lol: )

amidea

Postby amidea » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:56 pm

Saya wrote:
clint4law wrote:

I don't care! Anything. If they don't want me, tell me now and end my misery! (Although I do very very very much prefer an acceptance. :lol: )

At this point I'd even take a "sorry this is taking so long.. we're making a decision RIGHT NOW though so it's ok!"

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:59 pm

amidea wrote:
Saya wrote:
clint4law wrote:

At this point I'd even take a "sorry this is taking so long.. we're making a decision RIGHT NOW though so it's ok!"

I met with an admissions person there... Although they have rolling admissions it is by no means out of the ordinary for them to hold applicants to review them later on when the admissions office gets a better sense of the class. I have no hopes of hearing from Berkeley any time soon (and I hope I don't, as my numbers certainly don't have me as an auto-admit).

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:26 pm

Saya wrote:
clint4law wrote:

+a lot. I can handle a ding better than uncertainty. If they've already decided, it would be nice to know rather than waiting for bad news until after the holidays.

Saya

Postby Saya » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:01 pm

5:00pm. Looks like they're too cold today to send out emails. :( I'm starting to regret not taking advantage of the full 4 pages and writing about my love for Berkeley.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”