Berkeley 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ebc0017

New

Re: Berkeley 2010

Post by ebc0017 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:43 pm

IN AT BERKELEY VIA EMAIL!!!!

I'm in China which is likely why I didn't get a call! But yes, I am very very very pleasantly surprised, to say the least.

Numbers on LSN - ebc372

For you hopefuls, looks like Boalt does look at the full package! :D

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:46 pm

ebc0017 wrote:IN AT BERKELEY VIA EMAIL!!!!

I'm in China which is likely why I didn't get a call! But yes, I am very very very pleasantly surprised, to say the least.

Numbers on LSN - ebc372

Congrats!

Clearly, my package is too small to warrant consideration

hopefulincal

Bronze

Post by hopefulincal » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Numbers on LSN - ebc372

Oh wow, that is amazing. Deferred at both UT and Cornell, yet accepted at Boalt this early. Don't understand it...

wired

Bronze

Post by wired » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:00 pm

hopefulincal wrote:

Numbers on LSN - ebc372

Oh wow, that is amazing. Deferred at both UT and Cornell, yet accepted at Boalt this early. Don't understand it...
I think Boalt is the only school that I really feel takes a holistic approach to applications.

hermione0901

New

Post by hermione0901 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:03 pm

wired wrote:
hopefulincal wrote:

Numbers on LSN - ebc372

I think Boalt is the only school that I really feel takes a holistic approach to applications.
Accepted at Harvard, Georgetown, and NYU, but Boalt doesn't want me.... guess that doesn't speak well of my whole package either...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:16 pm

My package must not have been big enough for Boalt's standards... and I bet my law school application materials suck, too.

roxj

Bronze

Post by roxj » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:34 pm

Saya wrote:
roxj wrote:
thegreenroom wrote:
roxj wrote:Just got in via e-mail! No call, just e-mail!
What was the time??? You have to be careful with the word "just." Was that now or at 2:42?
I'm in Seattle, Pacific Time! FYI for everyone, my ps was less than 2 pages. I've heard Ed Tom give lectures, and he says his biggest pet peeve is generic statements. But I didn't have anything else to say, and I didn't think 2 pages of puff would help me. It worked out!
LOL. So is that a yes for 2:42? Err... 11:42PST?

By generic statements, did he mean non-Berkeley-targeted? :(
I think he was referring to length more than content. But like I said, I didn't listen to him, and I got in! The e-mail was sent at 1:40PST

jocelyne

Bronze

Post by jocelyne » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:37 pm

Last edited by jocelyne on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gymboree

Silver

Post by gymboree » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:40 pm

hermione0901 wrote:
wired wrote:
hopefulincal wrote:
ebc0017 wrote:
Accepted at Harvard, Georgetown, and NYU, but Boalt doesn't want me.... guess that doesn't speak well of my whole package either...
Take this in the most holistic, positive way possible: OMGSTFU.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:00 pm

hermione0901 wrote:
wired wrote:
hopefulincal wrote:

Numbers on LSN - ebc372

Ditto.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:08 pm

Heading over to Boaltland for movie and dinner next Tuesday. It will feel funny knowing that they might be going over my file that very day.

And even funnier if they ding me on that very day, of course. :|

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:13 pm

Managamy...I don't mean this as a compliment or an insult...but DAMN, you are ALWAYS on TLS. I mean, I've gotten use to seeing the same few avatars popping up, But you are on literally every thread I look at/post on. I mean, seriously, how did u pull off those stats with the obvious addictions that you must have in your life?

PS...you wouldn't be getting this kind of post from me if I wasn't jealous of your stats/acceptances/prestige of Stanford UG

PPS...I like addictions

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:14 pm

managamy wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:
Ditto.
Right, because not getting accepted in the first week of decisions is definitely comparable to the school showing you they don't like you. Reality check time.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:17 pm

GeePee wrote:
managamy wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:
Ditto.
Right, because not getting accepted in the first week of decisions is definitely comparable to the school showing you they don't like you. Reality check time.
Point taken.

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:19 pm

GeePee wrote:
managamy wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:
Ditto.
Wat is dis realitee u speak of?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:25 pm

TheWire wrote:Managamy...I don't mean this as a compliment or an insult...but DAMN, you are ALWAYS on TLS. I mean, I've gotten use to seeing the same few avatars popping up, But you are on literally every thread I look at/post on. I mean, seriously, how did u pull off those stats with the obvious addictions that you must have in your life?

PS...you wouldn't be getting this kind of post from me if I wasn't jealous of your stats/acceptances/prestige of Stanford UG

PPS...I like addictions
Computer/Internet addiction is just one of several addictions with which I cope daily(nothing illegal, though, of course). If you think about it, the impulse that drives this type of addiction is probably the same OCD-like impulse that drives me to work, work, and work some more just to get that extra point on an exam. It gets so insane sometimes that I am quoting and citing passages from "Paradise Lost" and other works on closed-book exams. I studied so obsessively that I inadvertently memorized the whole thing!

I'm probably on all of the same threads as you because we're applying to all of the same schools; I don't post on the threads of any school to which I didn't apply. Not to raise a sore issue, but certain pre-Thanksgiving news does allow one to relax a bit and spend more time on this sort of activity. I was pretty socially secluded (by choice, to maintain my focus for my work) during UG so far, for which I suppose that I may be compensating now.

FZJ80

New

Post by FZJ80 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Also accepted to Berkeley Law, today!

I submitted my app on Nov 19. Pretty snappy turn around, less than three weeks!

/stoked

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:31 pm

managamy wrote:
TheWire wrote:Managamy...I don't mean this as a compliment or an insult...but DAMN, you are ALWAYS on TLS. I mean, I've gotten use to seeing the same few avatars popping up, But you are on literally every thread I look at/post on. I mean, seriously, how did u pull off those stats with the obvious addictions that you must have in your life?

PPS...I like addictions
Computer/Internet addiction is just one of several addictions with which I cope daily(nothing illegal, though, of course). If you think about it, the impulse that drives this type of addiction is probably the same OCD-like impulse that drives me to work, work, and work some more just to get that extra point on an exam. It gets so insane sometimes that I am quoting and citing passages from "Paradise Lost" and other works on closed-book exams. I studied so obsessively that I inadvertently memorized the whole thing!

I'm probably on all of the same threads as you because we're applying to all of the same schools; I don't post on the threads of any school to which I didn't apply. Not to raise a sore issue, but certain pre-Thanksgiving news does allow one to relax a bit and spend more time on this sort of activity. I was pretty socially secluded (by choice, to maintain my focus for my work) during UG so far, for which I suppose that I may be compensating now.
Big time lol...because it makes sense and is probably true. I kind've feel the same way aince getting some acceptances from places that I wouldn't be too displeased with attending...it allows u to kinda say Eff it to other things...cough...responsibilities

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:35 pm

STOP!

Can we all LOL at Managamy for a second?

HAMMERTIME.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:36 pm

^^ lol

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:36 pm

FZJ80 wrote:Also accepted to Berkeley Law, today!

I submitted my app on Nov 19. Pretty snappy turn around, less than three weeks!

/stoked
Congrats! When and how did you find out?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:37 pm

managamy wrote:I was pretty socially secluded (by choice, to maintain my focus for my work) during UG so far, for which I suppose that I may be compensating now.
There are times when I've though to myself, "Damn, if only I hadn't spend so much time drinking / chasing (mediocre) girls / having fun in UG, I'd have a 180, 4.0," but then I realize that you only live once and I immediately don't regret it.

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:41 pm

crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:I was pretty socially secluded (by choice, to maintain my focus for my work) during UG so far, for which I suppose that I may be compensating now.
There are times when I've though to myself, "Damn, if only I hadn't spend so much time drinking / chasing (mediocre) girls / having fun in UG, I'd have a 180, 4.0," but then I realize that you only live once and I immediately don't regret it.
+1 If I'd spent all my time working I'd probably have a 4.0... but I had an amazing time during my 4 years in college, and wouldn't do anything differently.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Crackberry speaks the truth...i mean is it that bad to have numbers like ours (which TLS will kindly dump on) in exchange for all those mediocre girls and partying? I know I wouldv'e had at least a few points higher on the LSAT and WAYYYYYYYYYYY higher gpa...but honestly, I have a feeling my life will end up ok with the numbers I scrapped out...

I think we should be non-traditional applicants...because clearly we are not traditional in the sense that we confined ourselves to one area of life...even tho adcomms probably want the gunner academics

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:43 pm

crackberry wrote:
I'm sure, and nor do I regret the choices that I have made. I've always prioritized career / professional aspirations over anything in personal life; it's worked for me so far. It would be impossible for me to stop saying "what if?" to myself if I had made a choice that potentially undermined my work for personal matters. I've always measured myself by academic achievements.

And V6, why exactly are you LOL'ing at me? :wink:
Last edited by CardinalRules on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”