Berkeley 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tintin

Silver

Re: Berkeley 2010

Post by tintin » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:16 pm

way to go!! glad the calls are still rolling out....and that people who submitted 10/1 are hearing back....gives me a wee bit of hope!

hermione0901

New

Post by hermione0901 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:17 pm

I submitted 11/1, UR on 11/11. LSAT: 176, LSDAS GPA: 3.95. If I haven't gotten a call yet, am I out? What do we think? I've been in class all day, where I remain, so I haven't been able to read through the entire thread...

thorntll

Bronze

Post by thorntll » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:17 pm

tintin wrote:way to go!! glad the calls are still rolling out....and that people who submitted 10/1 are hearing back....gives me a wee bit of hope!
+1! I am happy for people, but sometimes I get a little annoyed that people who applied like 11/25 are hearing back... I applied at 9am PST on October 1!

OneKnight

Bronze

Post by OneKnight » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:18 pm

catharsis wrote:I GOT THE PHONE CALL TODAY AND MISSED IT WHILE I WAS @ WORK BUT CALLED BACK DURING LUNCH TIME!!!

To those that have people in their lives that tell them they cant do or accomplish something NEVER believe them. Always keep pushing and always keep your head up because miracles happen and dreams DO come true.

THANK YOU BERKELEY AND CONGRATS TO ALL OF THOSE ACCEPTED!!!
Hey, congrats!!!
Numbers?

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:23 pm

Last edited by 5ky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gmichaelbluth

Bronze

Post by gmichaelbluth » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:26 pm

5ky wrote:I'm going to die young.
+1

hopefulincal

Bronze

Post by hopefulincal » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:30 pm

gmichaelbluth wrote:
+1
Agreed. This cycle has been extremely hazardous to my health.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:34 pm

hopefulincal wrote:
gmichaelbluth wrote:
+1
Agreed. This cycle has been extremely hazardous to my health.
+1 Just wait until you have a court deadline to meet. We are going to be lawyers, we will all die young.
Last edited by 0L Hoping for 1 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catharsis

Bronze

Post by catharsis » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:35 pm

crackberry wrote:
catharsis wrote:I GOT THE PHONE CALL TODAY AND MISSED IT WHILE I WAS @ WORK BUT CALLED BACK DURING LUNCH TIME!!!

NEVER in my life would I have thought that a school like Berkeley would want me. Getting that call today really validated all of my hard work and dozens of people telling me I would never be able to do it. I called Dean Tom back and he was so nice and told me that he's sorry for not calling me a second time but that he's extremely busy (which is very understandable). He told me he's flying me out for ASW so I get to meet all the cool people on TLS that will have been accepted by then hopefully!!!

TREMENDOUS HONOR!! Dean Tom seemed like a really nice guy over the phone and very understanding that I could only blurt "OMG" and "WHAT AN HONOR" a billion times. I cant wait to go to California. Ive never been and Im super stoked!

To those that have people in their lives that tell them they cant do or accomplish something NEVER believe them. Always keep pushing and always keep your head up because miracles happen and dreams DO come true.

Haha your posts are always so enthusiastic. I love it. So would you pick Cal over your "dream school" UT?
hahaha thanks crackberry!!! :D

to be honest, I never expected to get into any school higher than my dream school. UT has and will always be my love but now obviously I want to keep my options open. I feel so extremely fortunate and humbled. Haha and Im surprised you remembered me from the UT thread.. that's cool! haha.

anyway, interesting question though because Im sure I'll be bombarded with the same from family and friends. if you have any advice for me and can PM it to me I would love to hear it. I feel confused haha. I havent visited either school though so that along with whether I can financially afford it will play a huge roll in my decision.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Last edited by 5ky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

catharsis

Bronze

Post by catharsis » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:36 pm

OneKnight wrote:

Hey, congrats!!!
Numbers?
PM'ed! (sorry, I dont feel comfortable handing out numbers this early in the cycle.. please dont be mad. it's just a personal thing).

sfdreaming09

Bronze

Post by sfdreaming09 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:37 pm

catharsis wrote:
crackberry wrote:

NEVER in my life would I have thought that a school like Berkeley would want me. Getting that call today really validated all of my hard work and dozens of people telling me I would never be able to do it. I called Dean Tom back and he was so nice and told me that he's sorry for not calling me a second time but that he's extremely busy (which is very understandable). He told me he's flying me out for ASW so I get to meet all the cool people on TLS that will have been accepted by then hopefully!!!

TREMENDOUS HONOR!! Dean Tom seemed like a really nice guy over the phone and very understanding that I could only blurt "OMG" and "WHAT AN HONOR" a billion times. I cant wait to go to California. Ive never been and Im super stoked!

Haha your posts are always so enthusiastic. I love it. So would you pick Cal over your "dream school" UT?
hahaha thanks crackberry!!! :D

to be honest, I never expected to get into any school higher than my dream school. UT has and will always be my love but now obviously I want to keep my options open. I feel so extremely fortunate and humbled. Haha and Im surprised you remembered me from the UT thread.. that's cool! haha.

anyway, interesting question though because Im sure I'll be bombarded with the same from family and friends. if you have any advice for me and can PM it to me I would love to hear it. I feel confused haha. I havent visited either school though so that along with whether I can financially afford it will play a huge roll in my decision.
There is no comparison here. Go to Berkeley.

thorntll

Bronze

Post by thorntll » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:39 pm

This is kind of cute, from Boalt's Twitter page:

"It's true - 'tis the season. Dean Tom is personally calling **some** admitted students to congratulate them. But he can't call you all!"

Adorable. :roll:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gymboree

Silver

Post by gymboree » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:41 pm

TREMENDOUS HONOR!! Dean Tom seemed like a really nice guy over the phone and very understanding that I could only blurt "OMG" and "WHAT AN HONOR" a billion times. He also mentioned that many students dont call him back so if you miss the call make sure to CALL HIM BACK. It's a nice gesture to always return a call, ESPECIALLY TO BERKELEY!!!!! I cant wait to go to California. Ive never been and Im super stoked!

huge congrats, everyone - especially catharsis... Rock on!!!

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:43 pm

5ky wrote: I don't have a problem with a deadline if I have some sort of control over whether or not it gets met. If I'm the one doing the work, sure there will be stress, but at least it's up to me. Sitting around waiting for someone else to decide my fate and inform me at an undetermined time between now and 5 months from now while others are getting is in just...sigh.
+1 - I can't handle the fact that I no longer have any control over the situation.

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:46 pm

thorntll wrote:This is kind of cute, from Boalt's Twitter page:

"It's true - 'tis the season. Dean Tom is personally calling **some** admitted students to congratulate them. But he can't call you all!"

this would be 500x cuter if dean tom called me....

hopefulincal

Bronze

Post by hopefulincal » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:47 pm

Does this mean:

1. Some are accepted but won't get a call?
2. Some will be called by someone other than Dean Tom?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GhostDynasty

New

Post by GhostDynasty » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:47 pm

So calls are still going out? I really feel like im dreaming to hope for one. I agree its hard waiting for a call, I wish they did it in some order...so we would know if we were passed on yet.

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:48 pm

hopefulincal wrote:

Does this mean:

1. Some are accepted but won't get a call?
2. Some will be called by someone other than Dean Tom?
Later acceptances will get an email

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:53 pm

IN!!!!

literally got the phone call a second ago 171/3.9

edit: at the end of the phone call, i said 'have fun with the rest of your calls' (i was spazzing; i meant it nicely) and he said 'well, that's part of my job'....i think he thought i was being sarcastic :oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by somewhatwayward on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thorntll

Bronze

Post by thorntll » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:53 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:IN!!!!

Awesome!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:54 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:IN!!!!

Congrats!!

clint4law

Silver

Post by clint4law » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:54 pm

From Boalt's twitter account:

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:56 pm

thanks guys....but see my edit to my previous post...i am a mix of joy and mortification

snap44

New

Post by snap44 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:56 pm

congragulations!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”