Alabama 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
unforgyvn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby unforgyvn » Wed May 26, 2010 9:30 pm

.
Last edited by unforgyvn on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

willcoffman
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby willcoffman » Wed May 26, 2010 9:44 pm

unforgyvn wrote:
gogo wrote:
rcharles wrote:
ace_n_the_hole wrote:After a five month wait I finally went decision made. I'm guessing that it is probably a reject since I did not receive a phone call or an email.


Same. 164/3.9/red flags.


i am still pending


Ditto.


Yup. Still pending too. It's really awesome.

User avatar
rcharles
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby rcharles » Thu May 27, 2010 6:04 pm

My roommate just called and said a letter from Alabama arrived today. I'm not in a huge hurry to go home and open the rejection/waitlist letter. I'll post the bad news later.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1692
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby a male human » Thu May 27, 2010 6:25 pm

willcoffman wrote:
unforgyvn wrote:
gogo wrote:
rcharles wrote:
Same. 164/3.9/red flags.


i am still pending


Ditto.


Yup. Still pending too. It's really awesome.

Me too. Makes me want to say something inappropriate.

bleedcubbieblue
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby bleedcubbieblue » Fri May 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Decision Made today. I don't have much hope for an acceptance at this point. Crossing my fingers for a wait list, ugh...

User avatar
rcharles
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby rcharles » Fri May 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Waitlist. Like so many other schools I applied to, I am a yellow dot in a sea of green on LSN.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1692
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby a male human » Fri May 28, 2010 11:41 pm

Decision made finally! I already deposited somewhere else, but I want to complete my LSN profile already damn it.

bleedcubbieblue
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby bleedcubbieblue » Sun May 30, 2010 4:25 pm

<------ Rejected.

User avatar
unforgyvn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby unforgyvn » Sun May 30, 2010 9:59 pm

.
Last edited by unforgyvn on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

BSC2010
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby BSC2010 » Mon May 31, 2010 1:11 am

Waitlist. In-state, 162, 3.5

User avatar
Moose Thompson
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby Moose Thompson » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:01 pm

My only denial. 3.6/164 out of state. No worries, I've already deposited somewhere else, I was just hoping to bat .1000. :P

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1692
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby a male human » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Denied. 164, 3.33 OOS

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby TruckerD » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:53 pm

Moose Thompson wrote:My only denial. 3.6/164 out of state. No worries, I've already deposited somewhere else, I was just hoping to bat .1000. :P


The only reason why you were denied is because we already have a guy named Moose. J/K (not about the guy named Moose, though) :D

warchild
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby warchild » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:48 pm

I got denied with a 160 and 3.75 from UA and I am in-state. I am kind of pissed because I know some people who were accepted with equal or lower stats. That rule where you can get accepted with no LSAT score is complete BS. I took a couple years off to work, but if I was straight out of school I would not have even had to take the LSAT.

User avatar
unforgyvn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby unforgyvn » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:34 pm

.
Last edited by unforgyvn on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

warchild
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby warchild » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:24 pm

unforgyvn wrote:
warchild wrote:I got denied with a 160 and 3.75 from UA and I am in-state. I am kind of pissed because I know some people who were accepted with equal or lower stats. That rule where you can get accepted with no LSAT score is complete BS. I took a couple years off to work, but if I was straight out of school I would not have even had to take the LSAT.


Well, I'm an active UA alumni (graduated May 2007) with a 165/3.8 with a B.S. in Biology/Molecular Genetics (what I specialized into with my undergraduate research) and a minor in Computer Science and Chemistry. I'm just mentioning all this to illustrate the amount of blood, sweat, and tears I've spent at Bama - not to mention money - and I applied beginning of January and was waitlisted this past Saturday.

Looks like I'll be attending Florida or Georgia, as much as it pains me to say; they've not only accepted me but are offering a little bit of money and in-state tuition.

So, perk up... you're not the only one. Bama seems to have shit on a lot of people this year with lack of communication being the number one complaint.



I understand your point. I know that I am not the only one for sure. The timing is more of an issue than anything with me. I applied in November and did not receive any answer from them until the last day of May. I am not pissed that I got rejected, I am pissed that I got rejected to my alma matter the last day in May and that they let in a ton of people without them even having to take the LSAT. Many of whom, I feel like would score lower than I did.

User avatar
unforgyvn
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby unforgyvn » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:37 pm

.
Last edited by unforgyvn on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aqualibrium
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby Aqualibrium » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:57 am

TruckerD wrote:
Moose Thompson wrote:My only denial. 3.6/164 out of state. No worries, I've already deposited somewhere else, I was just hoping to bat .1000. :P


The only reason why you were denied is because we already have a guy named Moose. J/K (not about the guy named Moose, though) :D



lol Moose would probably welcome another one...

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby TruckerD » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:55 am

Aqualibrium wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
Moose Thompson wrote:My only denial. 3.6/164 out of state. No worries, I've already deposited somewhere else, I was just hoping to bat .1000. :P


The only reason why you were denied is because we already have a guy named Moose. J/K (not about the guy named Moose, though) :D



lol Moose would probably welcome another one...


LOL...knowing him, you are probably right. I told him about what I wrote, and he thought it was funny. :D

WSpar
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby WSpar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:19 pm

I'm visiting the law school on Wednesday. Is there anything a visit to Tuscaloosa wouldn't be complete without? I was finally accepted last Thursday and now I'm having to re-think my entire decision on which school I should attend.

hellokitty
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby hellokitty » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:49 pm

WSpar wrote:I'm visiting the law school on Wednesday. Is there anything a visit to Tuscaloosa wouldn't be complete without? I was finally accepted last Thursday and now I'm having to re-think my entire decision on which school I should attend.

I live in Tuscaloosa, there is nothing here. At all.

WSpar
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby WSpar » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:31 am

I guess it's looking like it will be an eventful trip then.

User avatar
bissey
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby bissey » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:01 pm

decided to withdraw a couple days ago (w/$$$). good luck to those waiting.

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:07 pm

bissey wrote:decided to withdraw a couple days ago (w/$$$). good luck to those waiting.


Did the same. It was hard to do because I loved the school and the city, but I think it was the right choice. Hope someone gets my spot.

primusux
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby primusux » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:09 pm

bissey wrote:decided to withdraw a couple days ago (w/$$$). good luck to those waiting.


Where are you heading?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: astridm, Baby Gaga, Baidu [Spider], blahblah123, bleakchimera2, cantyoloforever, Christinabruin, Exabot [Bot], jetaew, JosefK, lawnerd87, lillawyer2, malysh, mccracal, mm2368, notsolawful, oliviaj_j, playersball, ray.bee, sjs12, Tomthecat, trohara14 and 49 guests