Alabama 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hypermeganet

Bronze

Re: Alabama

Post by hypermeganet » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:58 pm

I applied like a week and a half ago. Nothing from them (nothing on being complete, received, etc.). I emailed them asking if they received my app. Nothing back. Sw33t.

CoutureChiq

Bronze

Post by CoutureChiq » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:10 pm

For those of you that have been admitted, when did you go complete?
TruckerD wrote:I thought she was when I spoke to her.

That is what has put Alabama on the top of my list right now. Everyone there is very helpful, and nice. Wouldn't be a bad place to spend 3+ years, IMO. :D

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:19 pm

I never actually received a complete email. I just assumed since they admitted me, that I was complete!! LOL :lol:

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:24 pm

Just applied. I want my Itunes fast, I hear Train's new album is good.

autao

New

Post by autao » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:12 pm

Also never went complete, received acceptance and scholarship but have not received my itunes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:26 pm

autao wrote:Also never went complete, received acceptance and scholarship but have not received my itunes.
Email them. They were good about sending them to me promptly.

autao

New

Post by autao » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:31 pm

Is it also in the complete email where you received your access to the admitted students website?

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:32 pm

autao wrote:Is it also in the complete email where you received your access to the admitted students website?
I never got that, which is why I emailed them.

autao

New

Post by autao » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:33 pm

ok, thanks for the quick reply

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hypermeganet

Bronze

Post by hypermeganet » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:02 am

I applied on 10/21 and I still haven't heard anything. 2 emails to the admissions office went ignored, too. I have no idea if I went complete or anything.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:14 am

hypermeganet wrote:I applied on 10/21 and I still haven't heard anything. 2 emails to the admissions office went ignored, too. I have no idea if I went complete or anything.
Emailed them too, no word. Applied 10/30

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Wow I don't mean to sound conceited or entitled or whatever, but is it really possible Alabama gave me $0?! I just got the (enormous) admissions packet in the mail, and there's all kinds of stuff in it but no mention of any kind of scholarship. I have an LSAT and GPA well above both their 75 percentiles...

Foozle

Bronze

Post by Foozle » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:08 pm

crackberry wrote:Wow I don't mean to sound conceited or entitled or whatever, but is it really possible Alabama gave me $0?! I just got the (enormous) admissions packet in the mail, and there's all kinds of stuff in it but no mention of any kind of scholarship. I have an LSAT and GPA well above both their 75 percentiles...
Some schools send out scholly info later...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Foozle wrote:
crackberry wrote:Wow I don't mean to sound conceited or entitled or whatever, but is it really possible Alabama gave me $0?! I just got the (enormous) admissions packet in the mail, and there's all kinds of stuff in it but no mention of any kind of scholarship. I have an LSAT and GPA well above both their 75 percentiles...
Eh, I think most people who've gotten them have gotten them with the packet I just received.

Foozle

Bronze

Post by Foozle » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:18 pm

crackberry wrote:
Foozle wrote:
Eh, I think most people who've gotten them have gotten them with the packet I just received.
Whoops, I thought that they were in-staters, but I missed LSATfromNC's post.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Foozle wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Foozle wrote:
Whoops, I thought that they were in-staters, but I missed LSATfromNC's post.
So should I call and ask? If they really aren't giving me anything I'll withdraw immediately to help some of you guys out. I've already gotten $90K at UCLA. WTF 'Bama?!

hypermeganet

Bronze

Post by hypermeganet » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:50 am

I got a status checker in an email but my application says incomplete. I don't get these guys. Maybe that just means they haven't gotten to it yet? I submitted 3 weeks ago.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Unadilla Kayaker

Bronze

Post by Unadilla Kayaker » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:59 am

I got an e-mail from Bama yesterday about status checkers. It mentioned two essays for the application (it was a general e-mail). The website it directs you to (for uploading essays and resume) seems to indicate submitting two essays. The application directions and the application itself only indicated a personal statement so that's all I sent. I sent them an e-mail but haven't heard back. Just wondering if anyone else can shed light on this.

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:05 am

crackberry wrote: So should I call and ask? If they really aren't giving me anything I'll withdraw immediately to help some of you guys out. I've already gotten $90K at UCLA. WTF 'Bama?!
With 90K at UCLA are you really considering UA? If it's just your ego don't worry about it, it's not worth the headache.

Foozle

Bronze

Post by Foozle » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:08 am

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:I got an e-mail from Bama yesterday about status checkers. It mentioned two essays for the application (it was a general e-mail). The website it directs you to (for uploading essays and resume) seems to indicate submitting two essays. The application directions and the application itself only indicated a personal statement so that's all I sent. I sent them an e-mail but haven't heard back. Just wondering if anyone else can shed light on this.
I was also confused about this; I submitted one (just the PS through LSAC) and my status checker says complete. Let me know what they tell you in the e-mail.

Unadilla Kayaker

Bronze

Post by Unadilla Kayaker » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:12 am

Foozle wrote:
Unadilla Kayaker wrote:I got an e-mail from Bama yesterday about status checkers. It mentioned two essays for the application (it was a general e-mail). The website it directs you to (for uploading essays and resume) seems to indicate submitting two essays. The application directions and the application itself only indicated a personal statement so that's all I sent. I sent them an e-mail but haven't heard back. Just wondering if anyone else can shed light on this.
I was also confused about this; I submitted one (just the PS through LSAC) and my status checker says complete. Let me know what they tell you in the e-mail.
Will do. Glad to know I'm not the only one. And, the website says complete for me too.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hypermeganet

Bronze

Post by hypermeganet » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:13 am

I just double checked their app and it says only one essay. Bama seems to be really confused this cycle. I wonder if they're always like this?

Unadilla Kayaker

Bronze

Post by Unadilla Kayaker » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:14 am

hypermeganet wrote:I just double checked their app and it says only one essay. Bama seems to be really confused this cycle. I wonder if they're always like this?
I just hope the person who wrote the e-mail was mistaken so my application isn't held up. I really want to be admitted SOMEWHERE!

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:31 am

Last year they required two essays.

hypermeganet

Bronze

Post by hypermeganet » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:38 am

Am I just being dumb and not seeing a second essay on their application?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”