Alabama 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bama9388

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby bama9388 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:19 pm

What were y'alls LSAT scores and GPAs?

BSC2010

Postby BSC2010 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:04 pm

I went complete Dec. 17, been that way since then. Waiting anxiously...

162, 3.4, In state.

apmurphy636

Postby apmurphy636 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:01 pm

I went complete today. Finally! 162 and 3.51 instate

ScndCareertyme

Postby ScndCareertyme » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:12 am

FWIW i had everything in first week of Jan. didn't show everything rec'd until March 2!

jaxangler

Postby jaxangler » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:14 am

So how exactly do I get my free itunes from Bama?

rcharles

Postby rcharles » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:18 am

jaxangler wrote:So how exactly do I get my free itunes from Bama?

Withdraw from W&L and apply to Bama early next cycle.

jaxangler

Postby jaxangler » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:23 am

rcharles wrote:

Withdraw from W&L and apply to Bama early next cycle.

I already applied to Bama, haven't received a decision yet.

BCgoUSC

Postby BCgoUSC » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:13 am

Applied in October. Complete the 1st of December. Not a damn word.

Don't bother calling this week because they are CLOSED for spring break. I understand that everyone needs a break but right before the March 1st deposit deadline at a lot of schools? Just doesn't seem right to me

a male human

Postby a male human » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:40 am

I sent in the app in October, but this is the only school I didn't hear back from! At least I got my iTunes codes and sold them for $15...

k10370

Postby k10370 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:47 am

I never got the itunes card either. Do you have to have certain numbers to get it??

BCgoUSC

Postby BCgoUSC » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 am

Yeah I'd like to get my damn iTunes card also.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:44 pm

k10370 wrote:

I never got the itunes card either. Do you have to have certain numbers to get it??

They sent you an e-mail encouraging you to apply if you got the iTunes codes.

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:04 pm

So I got a phone call March 1st saying I was admitted. Today I received a binder with my acceptance letter and information about the school. Does scholarship info come with the acceptance letter? Or will it come later?

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:07 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:So I got a phone call March 1st saying I was admitted. Today I received a binder with my acceptance letter and information about the school. Does scholarship info come with the acceptance letter? Or will it come later?

Doubt they would give you any money. You're terrbul.

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:08 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
Charles Barkley wrote:So I got a phone call March 1st saying I was admitted. Today I received a binder with my acceptance letter and information about the school. Does scholarship info come with the acceptance letter? Or will it come later?

Doubt they would give you any money. You're terrbul.

:oops:

FreshPrince

Postby FreshPrince » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:47 pm

I just sent UA law an email requesting to withdrawal my application citing basically that my application has been "pending" since mid November and I've had no communication from them at all. Realisticaly, my stats are pretty solid and I've been accepted into some other more attractive options so I would have withdrew my application anyways. Just cuttin' the strings a little earlier.

I know they are on spring break this week but hopefully this helps you guys still waiting out a little. They'll either be like "wow, we need to get these guys some answers" or "forget that person, we were going to reject them anyways." :lol:

a male human

Postby a male human » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:14 pm

FreshPrince wrote:I just sent UA law an email requesting to withdrawal my application citing basically that my application has been "pending" since mid November and I've had no communication from them at all. Realisticaly, my stats are pretty solid and I've been accepted into some other more attractive options so I would have withdrew my application anyways. Just cuttin' the strings a little earlier.

I know they are on spring break this week but hopefully this helps you guys still waiting out a little. They'll either be like "wow, we need to get these guys some answers" or "forget that person, we were going to reject them anyways." :lol:

I was thinking of the first response after reading your first paragraph :)

hwstewart

Postby hwstewart » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Thought I'd join in on this thread, my new home!

Its been a Bama kind of year, which has concluded with me committing last week for next Fall! At first Bama seemed my only option after a poor June performance. I retook in Dec., the day we annihilated FL. I got the call from Claude about getting accepted while driving in front of the Chinese Theater in LA, the day after beating Texas.

Mentally I've been all over place, considering different options across the southeast. But after last week's ASD, the choice was obvious to me (and my fiance) and I'll be proud to attend UA in the Fall.

The funny thing is we were almost joking on our trip down to Tuscaloosa, not really taking things seriously. We hopped in the car to the airport saying things like, "OK! Lets go see Alabama!" We had other ASDs and campus tours planned for the trip (in the end we cancelled all these later events). But as the day went on, things really came into focus and it became really clear that Alabama represented a much more serious option than we anticipated. Half way through the day our heads were spinning. All the teachers and students made themselves so available during and after the day's events, taking all the time necessary to address our questions/concerns, all with surprising candor. Two profs even came in to speak with us on Saturday!

Alabama is a very hungry institution, that is not content in the current (rankings) position that its in. It is not lip service or an empty ASD sales pitch when a school can claim bringing on 11 new faculty, updating facilities, expanding their school budget, reducing class size, all in a RECESSION year. That's commitment. A school's administration is indicative of where a school is heading and Dean Randall is tirelessly working towards Alabama's rise to prominence. The actual school is completely indistinguishable from what gets discussed around TLS threads.

Simply put, I think Alabama is an amazing place to be right now, given the economy and given the trajectory of the school. Even though I have options that some might consider "better" (ie more highly ranked), in the end none of them could compete with the overall package at Alabama.

ROLL TIDE! WHO'S WITH ME?

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:33 pm

hwstewart wrote:Thought I'd join in on this thread, my new home!

Its been a Bama kind of year, which has concluded with me committing last week for next Fall! At first Bama seemed my only option after a poor June performance. I retook in Dec., the day we annihilated FL. I got the call from Claude about getting accepted while driving in front of the Chinese Theater in LA, the day after beating Texas.

Mentally I've been all over place, considering different options across the southeast. But after last week's ASD, the choice was obvious to me (and my fiance) and I'll be proud to attend UA in the Fall.

The funny thing is we were almost joking on our trip down to Tuscaloosa, not really taking things seriously. We hopped in the car to the airport saying things like, "OK! Lets go see Alabama!" We had other ASDs and campus tours planned for the trip (in the end we cancelled all these later events). But as the day went on, things really came into focus and it became really clear that Alabama represented a much more serious option than we anticipated. Half way through the day our heads were spinning. All the teachers and students made themselves so available during and after the day's events, taking all the time necessary to address our questions/concerns, all with surprising candor. Two profs even came in to speak with us on Saturday!

Alabama is a very hungry institution, that is not content in the current (rankings) position that its in. It is not lip service or an empty ASD sales pitch when a school can claim bringing on 11 new faculty, updating facilities, expanding their school budget, reducing class size, all in a RECESSION year. That's commitment. A school's administration is indicative of where a school is heading and Dean Randall is tirelessly working towards Alabama's rise to prominence. The actual school is completely indistinguishable from what gets discussed around TLS threads.

Simply put, I think Alabama is an amazing place to be right now, given the economy and given the trajectory of the school. Even though I have options that some might consider "better" (ie more highly ranked), in the end none of them could compete with the overall package at Alabama.

Welcome to Bama HWStewart! Your comments echo many of the exact sentiments that I felt when I visited Tuscaloosa. Although we considered Bama somewhat seriously, Mrs.Trucker and I also joked along the lines of "maybe we should just make it easy and take Bama". Even before our visit, I was floored by how far out of their way Dean Randall and the faculty went to set up our visit, which occurred over the holidays (the admissions staff was also amazing, but that's more a part of their job).

Once we arrived, however, we quickly were impressed by much more than their manners. The overall ethos of the place is amazingly positive, determined, and student centered, which especially stands out in the country's current economic mood. I too could have attended a "better" institution, but I knew that Bama was the place for me.

ROLL TIDE!!

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 am

Does scholarship info come with the acceptance package?

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:Does scholarship info come with the acceptance package?

No, it usually comes a week or two later.

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:45 pm

TruckerD wrote:
Charles Barkley wrote:Does scholarship info come with the acceptance package?

No, it usually comes a week or two later.

Thank you sir.

tarheel87

Postby tarheel87 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:40 pm

I got an unexpected email today raising my scholarship to $22,500 a year, right after I'd kinda decided on Wake Forest. Back to square one. Alabama vs. Wake Forest for my law school tuition dollars. I'm as torn as I could possibly be.

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:53 pm

tarheel87 wrote:I got an unexpected email today raising my scholarship to $22,500 a year, right after I'd kinda decided on Wake Forest. Back to square one. Alabama vs. Wake Forest for my law school tuition dollars. I'm as torn as I could possibly be.

I'm guessing you're from NC. Is the Wake scholly a full ride?

Jaggles

Postby Jaggles » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:59 pm

hwstewart wrote:Thought I'd join in on this thread, my new home!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”