Alabama 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LawQs

Re: Alabama 2010

Postby LawQs » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:31 pm

I haven't gotten a phone call yet, but it says I can pay for the seat deposit. I feel like I'm waiting by the phone for a guy to call....

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:38 am

Just got the call -- in. (Was able to access the student tab and everything yesterday.)

law_seeker

Postby law_seeker » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:51 am

Congrats!!!

philosoraptor wrote:Just got the call -- in. (Was able to access the student tab and everything yesterday.)

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:51 am

got the call this AM, way before I was awake, though :lol: PST ftl....

lawhawk

Postby lawhawk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:04 pm

finally got the withdraw tab. No student tab yet though. They've been stingy with us 164 LSATers so far.

LawQs

Postby LawQs » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:49 pm

Got the call this morning!! no scholarship new yet though...

Zojirushi

Postby Zojirushi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:13 am

Went complete on 12/04. Still "complete, pending review," but I have the withdraw button and no student tab.

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:29 am

How many of y'all are still struggling over this decision re: Alabama, I know for some this was an easy decision, but I am just curious if there are any like me. I loved my visit from the school standpoint, and I was impressed with the staff and all the students I met, but I still found myself thinking: I am in Alabama, and I don't really want to end up working here. I was pretty convinced that they are good at sending students out of state, but still I just have this nagging feeling. Anyway, not trying to deter anyone, just trying to get other's feelings on the issue. I was very impressed with the school itself. If I knew I wanted to be in Alabama it would be a no-brainer.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Just paid the seat deposit...IT'S OFFICIAL!! :D

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:35 pm

TruckerD wrote:Just paid the seat deposit...IT'S OFFICIAL!! :D

congrats TD!

rapstar

Postby rapstar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:40 pm

I feel like you do isaiah6v8. I really enjoyed the school, but I just don't know yet. Any other thoughts out there?

tarheel87

Postby tarheel87 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:30 pm

isaiah6v8 wrote:How many of y'all are still struggling over this decision re: Alabama, I know for some this was an easy decision, but I am just curious if there are any like me. I loved my visit from the school standpoint, and I was impressed with the staff and all the students I met, but I still found myself thinking: I am in Alabama, and I don't really want to end up working here. I was pretty convinced that they are good at sending students out of state, but still I just have this nagging feeling. Anyway, not trying to deter anyone, just trying to get other's feelings on the issue. I was very impressed with the school itself. If I knew I wanted to be in Alabama it would be a no-brainer.

EXACTLY.

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:59 pm

tarheel87 wrote:
isaiah6v8 wrote:How many of y'all are still struggling over this decision re: Alabama, I know for some this was an easy decision, but I am just curious if there are any like me. I loved my visit from the school standpoint, and I was impressed with the staff and all the students I met, but I still found myself thinking: I am in Alabama, and I don't really want to end up working here. I was pretty convinced that they are good at sending students out of state, but still I just have this nagging feeling. Anyway, not trying to deter anyone, just trying to get other's feelings on the issue. I was very impressed with the school itself. If I knew I wanted to be in Alabama it would be a no-brainer.

EXACTLY.

My biggest concern in that, is that I am moving my family (wife, daugther) and I want them to be in a place where they feel at home. I have not gotten into any "better" schools, and Bama is offering a great schollie, but I am still just struggling with this decision.

lawhawk

Postby lawhawk » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:16 pm

Anyone else having trouble checking their status (getting an error message)?

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:05 pm

isaiah6v8 wrote:
tarheel87 wrote:

EXACTLY.

My biggest concern in that, is that I am moving my family (wife, daugther) and I want them to be in a place where they feel at home. I have not gotten into any "better" schools, and Bama is offering a great schollie, but I am still just struggling with this decision.

Hey. This is Mrs. Trucker. Just thought I would comment. When we visited, we both got the impression that they are very family oriented, in the sense that they know that it's not just the student who has to make this decision. They understood that even though I am not going to school there, that I will be very much involved in my husband's education and career. D said that this was one of the main reasons why he chose Bama. He loved how the treated me, and that they listened to my questions and concerns as much as they listened to his.

I am definitely not trying to sway anyone's opinion or decision. This is a very important choice you must make for yourself, I just thought I would put my 2 cents in. :D

Al Swearengen

Postby Al Swearengen » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:25 pm

lawhawk wrote:Anyone else having trouble checking their status (getting an error message)?

I am getting that too. I went to the part where you pay your seat deposit and it told me I was not admitted yet, so I still got to check my status. I don't know what's taking so long. I went complete at the end of October and this wait is brutal.

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:10 pm

TruckerD wrote:
isaiah6v8 wrote:
tarheel87 wrote:

EXACTLY.

Hey. This is Mrs. Trucker. Just thought I would comment. When we visited, we both got the impression that they are very family oriented, in the sense that they know that it's not just the student who has to make this decision. They understood that even though I am not going to school there, that I will be very much involved in my husband's education and career. D said that this was one of the main reasons why he chose Bama. He loved how the treated me, and that they listened to my questions and concerns as much as they listened to his.

I am definitely not trying to sway anyone's opinion or decision. This is a very important choice you must make for yourself, I just thought I would put my 2 cents in. :D

Thanks Mrs. Trucker,
I would agree that I felt like they were very attentive to my family while we were there as well. There was really no end to their hospitality.

lawhawk

Postby lawhawk » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:53 am

Al Swearengen wrote:
lawhawk wrote:Anyone else having trouble checking their status (getting an error message)?

I am getting that too. I went to the part where you pay your seat deposit and it told me I was not admitted yet, so I still got to check my status. I don't know what's taking so long. I went complete at the end of October and this wait is brutal.

how do you get to the seat deposit site?

Al Swearengen

Postby Al Swearengen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:56 am

Once you long in, click the student tab on the top where you normally click academics. Then go to student services on the let where you have several different choices. Under that folder, click student receivables, then click deposits/reservations fees. Finally click submit law school deposit and you are set.

married0L

Postby married0L » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:44 am

When is Alabama letting out scholarship info for OOS candidates? I would think I would be inline to receive a decent scholarship, but haven't heard anything since the call.

lawhawk

Postby lawhawk » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Al Swearengen wrote:Once you long in, click the student tab on the top where you normally click academics. Then go to student services on the let where you have several different choices. Under that folder, click student receivables, then click deposits/reservations fees. Finally click submit law school deposit and you are set.

Oh. yeah shoot I still don't have that student tab.

reebtoor

Postby reebtoor » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:19 pm

married0L wrote:When is Alabama letting out scholarship info for OOS candidates? I would think I would be inline to receive a decent scholarship, but haven't heard anything since the call.

I think it took about 3 weeks for me.

gogo

Postby gogo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:56 pm

has anyone else had trouble checking the status of their application lately? I log in to myBama then click "check application status'' under law admissions but then i get a page loading error...it's been doing this since Friday - maybe news is coming?

bcampbell

Postby bcampbell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:50 am

gogo wrote:has anyone else had trouble checking the status of their application lately? I log in to myBama then click "check application status'' under law admissions but then i get a page loading error...it's been doing this since Friday - maybe news is coming?

+1 since Friday, too.

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:56 pm

bcampbell wrote:
gogo wrote:has anyone else had trouble checking the status of their application lately? I log in to myBama then click "check application status'' under law admissions but then i get a page loading error...it's been doing this since Friday - maybe news is coming?

+1 since Friday, too.

I've had issues since Friday, but I checked it this morning and it looks like it's been fixed.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”