Alabama 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Alabama

Postby gymboree » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Today's the day.... Roll Tide!

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby isaiah6v8 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:31 pm

gymboree wrote:Today's the day.... Roll Tide!

should I let my decision ride on the game tonight? And if so do I give points? yet another mailing from Bama today, I am impressed with how hard they push for their students. They have certainly gone from longshot (for familial reasons, not because of school quality) to into my top 3 schools.

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby Luis Gomez » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:29 pm

I got a XL shirt from BAMA Law. It's too big for me, but it is the first school to mail a shirt all the way to Mexico.

idksomeone
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby idksomeone » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:51 pm

i got another mailing today as well... a copy of the law review. i thought that was really neat.

User avatar
bissey
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby bissey » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:16 am

anyone notice the guy named "royal dumas" in the law review they sent? i snickered :D

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Alabama

Postby gymboree » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:26 am

CRIMSON TIDE FOOTBALL!!!

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby booboo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:27 am

Just another reason to attend. :).

User avatar
Zojirushi
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby Zojirushi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:37 am

Roll Tide! :D

Aqualibrium
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: Alabama

Postby Aqualibrium » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:34 am

Luis Gomez wrote:I got a XL shirt from BAMA Law. It's too big for me, but it is the first school to mail a shirt all the way to Mexico.



If it is the white Bama Law Tee dont worry, it'll shrink after 2 washes lol.

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby isaiah6v8 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:52 am

hombredulce wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:I got a XL shirt from BAMA Law. It's too big for me, but it is the first school to mail a shirt all the way to Mexico.



If it is the white Bama Law Tee dont worry, it'll shrink after 2 washes lol.


I just thought I ate too much between first wearing and wash number 2. Good to know!

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby Luis Gomez » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:59 pm

isaiah6v8 wrote:
hombredulce wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:I got a XL shirt from BAMA Law. It's too big for me, but it is the first school to mail a shirt all the way to Mexico.



If it is the white Bama Law Tee dont worry, it'll shrink after 2 washes lol.


I just thought I ate too much between first wearing and wash number 2. Good to know!


How many washes to shrink it fom XL to M?

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby isaiah6v8 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:
isaiah6v8 wrote:
hombredulce wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:I got a XL shirt from BAMA Law. It's too big for me, but it is the first school to mail a shirt all the way to Mexico.



If it is the white Bama Law Tee dont worry, it'll shrink after 2 washes lol.


I just thought I ate too much between first wearing and wash number 2. Good to know!


How many washes to shrink it fom XL to M?


6 washes, or two weeks of eating only McDonalds.

User avatar
Wanpsack1
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby Wanpsack1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Alabama,

I love you, I really do. Yesterday, however, I saw a huge envelope sitting on my mailbox when I got home from work and immediately started thinking about all the schools that I have yet to hear from. I got my hopes up that I had recieved another acceptance. As I walked across the street to the mailbox, I tried to calm myself and not get too worked up and then............another package from Alabama.

I appreciate all the binders and t-shirts and law reviews, but could you use envelopes with a big "A," or crimson envelopes or write Alabama on them big enough to be seen far away so I stop thinking it is an acceptance from another school. Thanks.

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby Luis Gomez » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Wanpsack1 wrote:Alabama,

I love you, I really do. Yesterday, however, I saw a huge envelope sitting on my mailbox when I got home from work and immediately started thinking about all the schools that I have yet to hear from. I got my hopes up that I had recieved another acceptance. As I walked across the street to the mailbox, I tried to calm myself and not get too worked up and then............another package from Alabama.

I appreciate all the binders and t-shirts and law reviews, but could you use envelopes with a big "A," or crimson envelopes or write Alabama on them big enough to be seen far away so I stop thinking it is an acceptance from another school. Thanks.


Alabama,

I would appreciate if you send me a copy of the law review, no matter what envelope it comes in.

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby isaiah6v8 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Wanpsack1 wrote:Alabama,

I love you, I really do. Yesterday, however, I saw a huge envelope sitting on my mailbox when I got home from work and immediately started thinking about all the schools that I have yet to hear from. I got my hopes up that I had recieved another acceptance. As I walked across the street to the mailbox, I tried to calm myself and not get too worked up and then............another package from Alabama.

I appreciate all the binders and t-shirts and law reviews, but could you use envelopes with a big "A," or crimson envelopes or write Alabama on them big enough to be seen far away so I stop thinking it is an acceptance from another school. Thanks.


+1 this was my thought too, when I saw the envelope. Oh well, I just feel like the other schools that are dragging their feet need to take notes on how Bama does it.

User avatar
Zojirushi
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby Zojirushi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:
Wanpsack1 wrote:Alabama,

I love you, I really do. Yesterday, however, I saw a huge envelope sitting on my mailbox when I got home from work and immediately started thinking about all the schools that I have yet to hear from. I got my hopes up that I had recieved another acceptance. As I walked across the street to the mailbox, I tried to calm myself and not get too worked up and then............another package from Alabama.

I appreciate all the binders and t-shirts and law reviews, but could you use envelopes with a big "A," or crimson envelopes or write Alabama on them big enough to be seen far away so I stop thinking it is an acceptance from another school. Thanks.


Alabama,

I would appreciate if you send me a copy of the law review, no matter what envelope it comes in.

+1

User avatar
Wanpsack1
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby Wanpsack1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:19 pm

If I were choosing a school based solely on how much they try to make you feel wanted, Alabama would be it. They seem to genuinely care about making their admits feel wanted.

User avatar
Lilith
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:43 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby Lilith » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Wanpsack1 wrote:If I were choosing a school based solely on how much they try to make you feel wanted, Alabama would be it. They seem to genuinely care about making their admits feel wanted.

QFT

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby robin600 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Sent in a LOCI yesterday, please Bama come through for me!

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Alabama

Postby gymboree » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:46 pm

Wanpsack1 wrote:If I were choosing a school based solely on how much they try to make you feel wanted, Alabama would be it. They seem to genuinely care about making their admits feel wanted.


+1

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby robin600 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:59 am

Do you guys think next week is the week?

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby TruckerD » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:22 pm

Wanpsack1 wrote:If I were choosing a school based solely on how much they try to make you feel wanted, Alabama would be it. They seem to genuinely care about making their admits feel wanted.


I agree. They are awesome! If this attitude did not carry over to the way they treat their current students, it would be meaningless or even a negative. But everything there really does seem to be student centered. If you are considering them at all, you should definitely make the visit. I think they will impress you.

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby isaiah6v8 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:48 pm

so, as we are about two weeks from the admitted students day, did we decide on a TLS meetup? Just wondering.

User avatar
BriaTharen
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Alabama

Postby BriaTharen » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:38 pm

For those that had heard back- how long did it take for your application to go from Complete to whatever it changes to after that?

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Alabama

Postby gymboree » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:53 pm

isaiah6v8 wrote:so, as we are about two weeks from the admitted students day, did we decide on a TLS meetup? Just wondering.


That would be fun. Ideas? Maybe we wait to see what the agenda is and work from there.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AriGold33, Kaziende and 11 guests