Alabama 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gymboree

Re: Alabama

Postby gymboree » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Today's the day.... Roll Tide!

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:31 pm

gymboree wrote:Today's the day.... Roll Tide!

should I let my decision ride on the game tonight? And if so do I give points? yet another mailing from Bama today, I am impressed with how hard they push for their students. They have certainly gone from longshot (for familial reasons, not because of school quality) to into my top 3 schools.

Luis Gomez

Postby Luis Gomez » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:29 pm

I got a XL shirt from BAMA Law. It's too big for me, but it is the first school to mail a shirt all the way to Mexico.

idksomeone

Postby idksomeone » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:51 pm

i got another mailing today as well... a copy of the law review. i thought that was really neat.

bissey

Postby bissey » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:16 am

anyone notice the guy named "royal dumas" in the law review they sent? i snickered :D

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:26 am

CRIMSON TIDE FOOTBALL!!!

booboo

Postby booboo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:27 am

Just another reason to attend. :).

Zojirushi

Postby Zojirushi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:37 am

Roll Tide! :D

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:34 am

Luis Gomez wrote:I got a XL shirt from BAMA Law. It's too big for me, but it is the first school to mail a shirt all the way to Mexico.

If it is the white Bama Law Tee dont worry, it'll shrink after 2 washes lol.

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:52 am

hombredulce wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:I got a XL shirt from BAMA Law. It's too big for me, but it is the first school to mail a shirt all the way to Mexico.

I just thought I ate too much between first wearing and wash number 2. Good to know!

Luis Gomez

Postby Luis Gomez » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:59 pm

isaiah6v8 wrote:
hombredulce wrote:

I just thought I ate too much between first wearing and wash number 2. Good to know!

How many washes to shrink it fom XL to M?

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:
isaiah6v8 wrote:
hombredulce wrote:

How many washes to shrink it fom XL to M?

6 washes, or two weeks of eating only McDonalds.

Wanpsack1

Postby Wanpsack1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Alabama,

I love you, I really do. Yesterday, however, I saw a huge envelope sitting on my mailbox when I got home from work and immediately started thinking about all the schools that I have yet to hear from. I got my hopes up that I had recieved another acceptance. As I walked across the street to the mailbox, I tried to calm myself and not get too worked up and then............another package from Alabama.

I appreciate all the binders and t-shirts and law reviews, but could you use envelopes with a big "A," or crimson envelopes or write Alabama on them big enough to be seen far away so I stop thinking it is an acceptance from another school. Thanks.

Luis Gomez

Postby Luis Gomez » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Wanpsack1 wrote:Alabama,

I love you, I really do. Yesterday, however, I saw a huge envelope sitting on my mailbox when I got home from work and immediately started thinking about all the schools that I have yet to hear from. I got my hopes up that I had recieved another acceptance. As I walked across the street to the mailbox, I tried to calm myself and not get too worked up and then............another package from Alabama.

I appreciate all the binders and t-shirts and law reviews, but could you use envelopes with a big "A," or crimson envelopes or write Alabama on them big enough to be seen far away so I stop thinking it is an acceptance from another school. Thanks.

Alabama,

I would appreciate if you send me a copy of the law review, no matter what envelope it comes in.

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:31 pm

+1 this was my thought too, when I saw the envelope. Oh well, I just feel like the other schools that are dragging their feet need to take notes on how Bama does it.

Zojirushi

Postby Zojirushi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:

Alabama,

I would appreciate if you send me a copy of the law review, no matter what envelope it comes in.

+1

Wanpsack1

Postby Wanpsack1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:19 pm

If I were choosing a school based solely on how much they try to make you feel wanted, Alabama would be it. They seem to genuinely care about making their admits feel wanted.

Lilith

Postby Lilith » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Wanpsack1 wrote:If I were choosing a school based solely on how much they try to make you feel wanted, Alabama would be it. They seem to genuinely care about making their admits feel wanted.

QFT

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Sent in a LOCI yesterday, please Bama come through for me!

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:46 pm

Wanpsack1 wrote:If I were choosing a school based solely on how much they try to make you feel wanted, Alabama would be it. They seem to genuinely care about making their admits feel wanted.

+1

robin600

Postby robin600 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:59 am

Do you guys think next week is the week?

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:22 pm

I agree. They are awesome! If this attitude did not carry over to the way they treat their current students, it would be meaningless or even a negative. But everything there really does seem to be student centered. If you are considering them at all, you should definitely make the visit. I think they will impress you.

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:48 pm

so, as we are about two weeks from the admitted students day, did we decide on a TLS meetup? Just wondering.

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:38 pm

For those that had heard back- how long did it take for your application to go from Complete to whatever it changes to after that?

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:53 pm

isaiah6v8 wrote:so, as we are about two weeks from the admitted students day, did we decide on a TLS meetup? Just wondering.

That would be fun. Ideas? Maybe we wait to see what the agenda is and work from there.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”