Alabama 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
primusux

Bronze

Re: Alabama 2010

Post by primusux » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:27 pm

TruckerD wrote:Mrs.Trucker: I believe my husband was in your tour group. You and he shared certain aspects of your attire, lol.

Well there must have been 3 TLSers there....cause there weren't any husband/wife combos in my tour group as far as I could tell :)
My tour was with the 3 M's student. Although if you were the couple where the husband had a certain item of clothing that is unmistakable then I know who you are heh.
If that's you guys, loved the addition btw.

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:01 pm

primusux wrote:
TruckerD wrote:Mrs.Trucker: I believe my husband was in your tour group. You and he shared certain aspects of your attire, lol.

Well there must have been 3 TLSers there....cause there weren't any husband/wife combos in my tour group as far as I could tell :)
My tour was with the 3 M's student. Although if you were the couple where the husband had a certain item of clothing that is unmistakable then I know who you are heh.
Mrs.Trucker: Yeah, that's us. LOL I didn't take the tour because we had taken it before in December. You guys were both in suits so I thought that would be a good hint. BTW, there were 3 TLSers there...the lurker was the guy who said he was from Mississippi in class.

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:15 pm

TruckerD wrote:
primusux wrote:

Mrs.Trucker: Yeah, that's us. LOL I didn't take the tour because we had taken it before in December. You guys were both in suits so I thought that would be a good hint. BTW, there were 3 TLSers there...the lurker was the guy who said he was from Mississippi in class.
I was not in a suit so that makes 4 of us :)

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:31 pm

primusux wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
primusux wrote:

I was not in a suit so that makes 4 of us :)
Mrs.Trucker: Whoops! My bad. I thought you were. So any thoughts on whether you are going or not?

Now, I am curious about which one you were! LOL

daagermy1

New

Post by daagermy1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:02 pm

Anyone else get this email today?

"Dear [ ],

"Thank you for applying to The University of Alabama School of Law. This year, applications to our Law School increased about 70%, but we plan to maintain our class size at its traditional level of 160-180. Since last Fall, the Admissions Committee has meticulously reviewed files as part of our holistic admissions process. The Committee has not yet made a final decision on your application. We are impressed by your file. We understand that deposit deadlines have passed at several law schools, and we are emailing you to ask if you still are interested in The University of Alabama School of Law.

"Again, thank you for applying to Alabama. I am sorry for the delay. Please let me know if you have any questions."

Up 70%??!!! That's insane. Guess that's what happens when you offer free iTunes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Wheretogo2013

New

Post by Wheretogo2013 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:26 pm

daagermy1 wrote:Anyone else get this email today?

"Dear [ ],

"Thank you for applying to The University of Alabama School of Law. This year, applications to our Law School increased about 70%, but we plan to maintain our class size at its traditional level of 160-180. Since last Fall, the Admissions Committee has meticulously reviewed files as part of our holistic admissions process. The Committee has not yet made a final decision on your application. We are impressed by your file. We understand that deposit deadlines have passed at several law schools, and we are emailing you to ask if you still are interested in The University of Alabama School of Law.

"Again, thank you for applying to Alabama. I am sorry for the delay. Please let me know if you have any questions."

Up 70%??!!! That's insane. Guess that's what happens when you offer free iTunes.
When I called earlier, they said 90%...

BSC2010

New

Post by BSC2010 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:31 pm

"Dear [ ],

Didn't get that...still Pending...

gogo

New

Post by gogo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:15 pm

BSC2010 wrote:

"Dear [ ],

Didn't get that...still Pending...
ditto! no email, still pending...

BSC2010

New

Post by BSC2010 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:47 am

This is starting to piss me off.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

blackmamba76

Bronze

Post by blackmamba76 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:19 pm

BSC2010 wrote:This is starting to piss me off.
Me too! Why am I still being shown as incomplete after over 2 months?

BSC2010

New

Post by BSC2010 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if I can find out if they have any sort of time table for letting us know or if we're just being hung out to dry until classes start.

utahredsoxfan

New

Post by utahredsoxfan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:20 pm

BSC2010 wrote:I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if I can find out if they have any sort of time table for letting us know or if we're just being hung out to dry until classes start.
I emailed Paige yesterday at the Admissions Office and she said they will have decisions out by the end of May

BSC2010

New

Post by BSC2010 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:52 pm

utahredsoxfan wrote:
BSC2010 wrote:I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if I can find out if they have any sort of time table for letting us know or if we're just being hung out to dry until classes start.
I emailed Paige yesterday at the Admissions Office and she said they will have decisions out by the end of May
That's comforting... ish

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Wheretogo2013

New

Post by Wheretogo2013 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:14 pm

what in the world is going on? i applied in early january and went complete on 01/15...

still pending...

Not-A-Teabagger

New

Post by Not-A-Teabagger » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Wheretogo2013 wrote:what in the world is going on? i applied in early january and went complete on 01/15...

still pending...
at least you went complete.

Wheretogo2013

New

Post by Wheretogo2013 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:44 pm

I just called and the lady on the phone told me my application was being held for further review. I then asked if it was the same thing as a waitlist and she said no. They were just "looking at every piece of my application more meticulously". Like others have also reported, she said that they hope to give decisions by the end of May.

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:39 pm

Alabama the only school I haven't heard back from... oh except for Cornell, but I hear they're not actually issuing admissions decisions this year.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bleedcubbieblue

Bronze

Post by bleedcubbieblue » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:37 pm

How does Alabama notify you of a decision? Phone call, email, letter, etc...

Also, has anyone been waitlisted at Alabama yet?

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:49 pm

bleedcubbieblue wrote:How does Alabama notify you of a decision? Phone call, email, letter, etc...

Also, has anyone been waitlisted at Alabama yet?

Phone call

law_seeker

New

Post by law_seeker » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:11 am

Finally mine got complete. I sent my application in last Dec. Lol........

Not-A-Teabagger wrote:
Wheretogo2013 wrote:what in the world is going on? i applied in early january and went complete on 01/15...

still pending...
at least you went complete.

pizzaface

New

Post by pizzaface » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:09 am

Been complete since November. I received an email from Claude asking if I was still interested about a week ago, and I responded saying I was still interested. Today, another email from claude saying I was accepted and that I'd receive a formal letter in the mail soon. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BSC2010

New

Post by BSC2010 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:23 am

pizzaface wrote:Been complete since November. I received an email from Claude asking if I was still interested about a week ago, and I responded saying I was still interested. Today, another email from claude saying I was accepted and that I'd receive a formal letter in the mail soon. Any questions, feel free to PM me.
What are your stats if you don't mind saying

maxpayne

Bronze

Post by maxpayne » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:38 am

pizzaface wrote:Been complete since November. I received an email from Claude asking if I was still interested about a week ago, and I responded saying I was still interested. Today, another email from claude saying I was accepted and that I'd receive a formal letter in the mail soon. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Ditto for me.

Wheretogo2013

New

Post by Wheretogo2013 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:32 pm

Anyone get the "you're still pending" email from Dean Arrington today?

darklighter13

New

Post by darklighter13 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Wheretogo2013 wrote:Anyone get the "you're still pending" email from Dean Arrington today?
I did. 173/2.46

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”