Official "Who Did You Hear From Today?" 2009-2010 Cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jlnoa0915

Bronze

Re: Official "Who Did You Hear From Today?" 2009-2010 Cycle

Post by jlnoa0915 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:13 pm

chameleon wrote:
umichgrad wrote:In at Temple with 45K...

...three weeks after I withdrew.
write them back and tell them to give it to me instead
+100000 but send it my way, or we can split it, either was is good.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Dinged at UVA via email.

unbeknownst

New

Post by unbeknownst » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:43 pm

Another depressed reject here. I'm just glad I heard from one of the schools pretty early on, and they gave me some $$.

Rejected at Gtown, Boalt, NYU
WL at Vandy, UVA, Notre Dame

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:54 pm

uva ding

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:57 pm

nyyankees wrote:uva ding

Look familiar?
Mr. Chicoalto0649,

We have carefully reviewed your application for admission to the University of Virginia School of Law. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place in the entering class. I sincerely appreciate the interest that you have shown by applying as an Early Decision candidate.

Last year we received 7,102 nonresident applications and 778 resident applications (7,880 total) for the 360 seats in the entering class. This year's application volume is poised to increase by at least 10 percent. There is no doubt in my mind that this will be the most difficult year on record in which to gain admission to Virginia Law.

I hope you excuse the informality of this communication, but I thought you might appreciate speed over formality. In addition, we are communicating almost exclusively via email now in an attempt to reduce our reliance on paper.

I sincerely appreciate your interest in Virginia Law and wish you the very best in your legal education and professional career.

Jason Wu Trujillo '01
Senior Assistant Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
I felt like someone hit me really hard in the stomach. This is my first rejection (only heard back from two schools). O well, I am at the airport headed down to Austin for a visit so hopefully I can meet a nice Texan girl, pound a few beers and feel better.

Ah UVA, you'll always be my dream school...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Antigone

New

Post by Antigone » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Dinged at Berkeley yesterday via email.

3.97, 157....not too surprised.

S de Garmeaux

Bronze

Post by S de Garmeaux » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Antigone wrote:Dinged at Berkeley yesterday via email.

have you considered a retake? I mean, with that GPA.... even a 160-162 would open SO many more doors

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:05 pm

It would be great to post how schools are notifying applicants of their decisions. I saw a post of this from last year but I don't know if some schools changed their methods.

List schools that call, email, status checker, snail mail- acceptances, dings, WL

Bustang

Bronze

Post by Bustang » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Held for further review at SMU.

"I will survive."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lmao Zedong

Bronze

Post by Lmao Zedong » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:31 pm

crackberry wrote:
GargamelITT wrote:
beef wellington wrote:I do love me some Gorey though.
on this we can certainly agree. he's a twisted fuck, it's irresistible. "the awdrey-gore legacy" is still my favourite poster that i own
I feel like I've seen a lot of British English on here recently. "Favourite," "colour," etc. You're not British right?
just an allusion to the faux-britishness of gorey. i figured it was ironically fitting in this context.

to go against my better academic judgment and quote wikipedia, "Because of the settings and style of Gorey's work, many people have assumed he was British; in fact, he never visited Britain, and he almost never traveled." i certainly made the same assumption when i first encountered his stuff. love it to death though. if you're familiar with salad fingers at all, maybe consider this a far better, more sophisticated, and successfully macabre-without-being-violently-gruesome version

roundabout

Bronze

Post by roundabout » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:36 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:

Look familiar?
Mr. Chicoalto0649,

We have carefully reviewed your application for admission to the University of Virginia School of Law. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place in the entering class. I sincerely appreciate the interest that you have shown by applying as an Early Decision candidate.

Last year we received 7,102 nonresident applications and 778 resident applications (7,880 total) for the 360 seats in the entering class. This year's application volume is poised to increase by at least 10 percent. There is no doubt in my mind that this will be the most difficult year on record in which to gain admission to Virginia Law.

I hope you excuse the informality of this communication, but I thought you might appreciate speed over formality. In addition, we are communicating almost exclusively via email now in an attempt to reduce our reliance on paper.

I sincerely appreciate your interest in Virginia Law and wish you the very best in your legal education and professional career.

Jason Wu Trujillo '01
I felt like someone hit me really hard in the stomach. This is my first rejection (only heard back from two schools). O well, I am at the airport headed down to Austin for a visit so hopefully I can meet a nice Texan girl, pound a few beers and feel better.

I'm sorry about the UVA dings, guys. I'll be joining you shortly. In the meantime, pounding some beers it is.

Chelios

Bronze

Post by Chelios » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:39 pm

38k scholarship from Temple (just withdrew)
Big fat binder from Brooklyn with details about the school, via USPS (accepted last month)
Waitlist at Notre Dame

lovethelaw88

New

Post by lovethelaw88 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:58 pm

I heard from BU Law today. They said the Committee wants to see my last semester's grades before they make a decision. My grades were in a consistently upward trend until last semester. Spring 2009 my GPA was a 3.45. Last semester I took some hard classes while applying to law school and got a 3.25. My upward trend is broken...and I'm fucked. So, now I have to send them the new transcript (which will be sent out to EVERY school I applied to, LSDAS policy) so they can reject me...

At least I made it to committee and wasn't auto-rejected, but now I'm fucked beyond belief!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:19 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:

Look familiar?
Mr. Chicoalto0649,

Jason Wu Trujillo '01

Sadly, all too familar. I got the GULC ding via email yesterday too. Its been a rough week. Best of luck in texas, by the time you land ill prob be a few beers ahead of you, though im sure the women i see tonight will be far less attractive than yours.

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:22 pm

lovethelaw88 wrote:I heard from BU Law today. They said the Committee wants to see my last semester's grades before they make a decision. My grades were in a consistently upward trend until last semester. Spring 2009 my GPA was a 3.45. Last semester I took some hard classes while applying to law school and got a 3.25. My upward trend is broken...and I'm fucked. So, now I have to send them the new transcript (which will be sent out to EVERY school I applied to, LSDAS policy) so they can reject me...

At least I made it to committee and wasn't auto-rejected, but now I'm fucked beyond belief!
Last edited by nyyankees on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:25 pm

nyyankees wrote:
lovethelaw88 wrote:I heard from BU Law today. They said the Committee wants to see my last semester's grades before they make a decision. My grades were in a consistently upward trend until last semester. Spring 2009 my GPA was a 3.45. Last semester I took some hard classes while applying to law school and got a 3.25. My upward trend is broken...and I'm fucked. So, now I have to send them the new transcript (which will be sent out to EVERY school I applied to, LSDAS policy) so they can reject me...

ah yeah im in your boat too, maybe worse off than you. I quit my job in august to study and take some time to myself. I have kept busy working for a company my father owns but its generous to call my work part-time. BU just sent me an email asking what ive been up to since august. Though im very proud of what ive done in my time off, i dont think it will be impressive to an admissions committee
Hey guys, mind if I ask how BU got in touch with you (email?) and how long you've been complete? Thanks!

Antigone

New

Post by Antigone » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:26 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
Antigone wrote:Dinged at Berkeley yesterday via email.

have you considered a retake? I mean, with that GPA.... even a 160-162 would open SO many more doors

Considered? Yes, of course. My first and only LSAT was in December, so I was already super late in the cycle. I studied for abou 2.5 months and took a course and tested 156-158. So I don't really know how much I could improve my score. I think I will consider it if my cycle turns out poorly. We'll see.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lebob

New

Post by lebob » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:30 pm

sad that this has to be my first post on tls
uva email ding today, first school i've heard back from
3.7x 167 so not too surprised
let the sad times roll

hotwater

New

Post by hotwater » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:36 pm

WL'd at UVA.
Last edited by hotwater on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strawinlemonade

New

Post by strawinlemonade » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:36 pm

dinged at uva.

lovethelaw88

New

Post by lovethelaw88 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:38 pm

BU sent me an email. I went complete on the 13th.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tallboone

Bronze

Post by tallboone » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:39 pm

does anyone else get sick of getting on this forum and looking at that creepy tiger woods pooh bear avatar?

pinkhearts

New

Post by pinkhearts » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:40 pm

dinged at upenn via status checker. sort of disgruntled by this, as last year was WL with an app much later in the cycle :-/

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:41 pm

lovethelaw88 wrote:BU sent me an email. I went complete on the 13th.
Thanks! Its just that I've been complete there for over two months, and I thought if they had any interest they'd have asked for my fall grades; I'd guess its better to be in your shoes then mine, it means they're interested in you.

lovethelaw88

New

Post by lovethelaw88 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:44 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
lovethelaw88 wrote:BU sent me an email. I went complete on the 13th.
Thanks! Its just that I've been complete there for over two months, and I thought if they had any interest they'd have asked for my fall grades; I'd guess its better to be in your shoes then mine, it means they're interested in you.
I know how you feel. Honestly, BU is a REAAAAAAACH for me, but I go to BU UG and I REALLY wanna go to BU Law. So now I'm freaking out that even this little drop in last semester's grades will put me in to "no" pile. I'm so terrified...ahhhh!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”