SMU 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Stryka
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:52 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Stryka » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Anyone hear anything about the waitlist? I'm already about to begin law school somewhere else, but havent gotten an apt and am gonna be one of those people who will move if I get called and Im from dallas so hopefully I'll get a call.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby kalvano » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:19 pm

Stryka wrote:Anyone hear anything about the waitlist? I'm already about to begin law school somewhere else, but havent gotten an apt and am gonna be one of those people who will move if I get called and Im from dallas so hopefully I'll get a call.



Pretty sure you have up until Thursday the 19th to find out.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23948
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Thirteen » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:23 pm

Anyone else going to the Intercultural Student Orientation Program tomorrow morning?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby kalvano » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:29 pm

Thirteen wrote:Anyone else going to the Intercultural Student Orientation Program tomorrow morning?



The what?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby kalvano » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:33 pm

Also, for all section 1 people -

TORTS I (SEC 1) ( 7391)
Professor: MARTIN, B.
Hrs: 3
Exam/Paper: EXAM 12/15
Assignment: Before our first class, please pick up the syllabus for the fall semester, available at Lone Star Shipping, 6111 Hillcrest. The cost is $9.87 including tax. These will be ready starting Monday, August 16th. Read the materials in Casebook, (as the term is defined in the syllabus) specified in Sections I ["Introduction to the Tort System"]. A ["Overview"], and II. B ["The Meaning of 'Intent'"] of the syllabus and be prepared to discuss these materials in class.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23948
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Thirteen » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:35 pm

kalvano wrote:
Thirteen wrote:Anyone else going to the Intercultural Student Orientation Program tomorrow morning?


The what?


It's a morning orientation program at the law school that's followed by a luncheon. I received an e-mail invite a few weeks ago.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby kalvano » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Thirteen wrote:
kalvano wrote:
Thirteen wrote:Anyone else going to the Intercultural Student Orientation Program tomorrow morning?


The what?


It's a morning orientation program at the law school that's followed by a luncheon. I received an e-mail invite a few weeks ago.



I assume from the name it's for URM students?

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23948
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Thirteen » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:40 pm

kalvano wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
kalvano wrote:
Thirteen wrote:Anyone else going to the Intercultural Student Orientation Program tomorrow morning?


The what?


It's a morning orientation program at the law school that's followed by a luncheon. I received an e-mail invite a few weeks ago.


I assume from the name it's for URM students?


I'm assuming the same thing.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby kalvano » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Pretty sure I don't qualify.

User avatar
wellington
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby wellington » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:58 pm

kal where did you see the tort syllabus info?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby kalvano » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:01 am

Under registrar.smu.edu (I think), you'll see an option on the lefthand side of the page that says "course information". It's there, under Fall 2010. No other section 1 professor has anything up.

Edit - here:

http://www.law.smu.edu/apps/registrar/f ... =Fall-2010

User avatar
UTL_plz
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby UTL_plz » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:37 am

FYI the address to lone star shipping is 6611 Hillcrest, not 6111 as the first day of class assignments page states.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby kalvano » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:44 am

Why do we have to purchase a syllabus?

I've never heard of that before in my life.

User avatar
UTL_plz
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby UTL_plz » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:51 am

yea a $10 syllabus at a copy store must be thick.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby kalvano » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:56 am

Dammit, we're supposed to read a book for legal writing?

It would have been nice to know that a long time ago.

User avatar
UTL_plz
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby UTL_plz » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:36 am

I can tell already. I'm gonna like Crespi a lot.

HBK
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby HBK » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:05 pm

kalvano wrote:Dammit, we're supposed to read a book for legal writing?

It would have been nice to know that a long time ago.


There's also a paper due.

User avatar
Iconoclast
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Iconoclast » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:42 pm

Bah... refund section of sfSpace is still blank. /sadpanda

I guess the good news is that when I called to make sure there weren't any problems, they confirmed that the aid has been dispursed... so it's just a delay in processing the refund. I guess they figure that us old guys won't starve to death if they process us last :D

User avatar
bcb1986
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:36 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby bcb1986 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:43 pm

kalvano wrote:Why do we have to purchase a syllabus?

I've never heard of that before in my life.


It's a large binder full of course materials.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby kalvano » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:44 pm

HBK wrote:
kalvano wrote:Dammit, we're supposed to read a book for legal writing?

It would have been nice to know that a long time ago.


There's also a paper due.



I know, but that's easy.

User avatar
Iconoclast
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Iconoclast » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:50 pm

bcb1986 wrote:
kalvano wrote:Why do we have to purchase a syllabus?

I've never heard of that before in my life.


It's a large binder full of course materials.


There is also one that we need to purchase for LRWA from AlphaGraphics. I guess the six books weren't enough... :roll:

User avatar
UTL_plz
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby UTL_plz » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:00 pm

should we bring anything to orientation?

DavidB
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby DavidB » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Iconoclast wrote:There is also one that we need to purchase for LRWA from AlphaGraphics. I guess the six books weren't enough... :roll:

I don't see that one listed in any of my paperwork. Am I missing something that lists this extra packet?

User avatar
UTL_plz
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby UTL_plz » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:08 pm

DavidB wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:There is also one that we need to purchase for LRWA from AlphaGraphics. I guess the six books weren't enough... :roll:

I don't see that one listed in any of my paperwork. Am I missing something that lists this extra packet?



it is mentioned under the first day of class assignments at http://www.law.smu.edu/apps/registrar/f ... =Fall-2010

DavidB
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby DavidB » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:17 pm

UTL_plz wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:There is also one that we need to purchase for LRWA from AlphaGraphics. I guess the six books weren't enough... :roll:

I don't see that one listed in any of my paperwork. Am I missing something that lists this extra packet?

it is mentioned under the first day of class assignments at http://www.law.smu.edu/apps/registrar/f ... =Fall-2010

Got it, thanks. They must have just posted that--last night it showed nothing.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bleakchimera2, carlos_danger, Exabot [Bot], Keilz, Lawl_Schoolz, lg77, lillawyer2, Long shot hero, Maaza, mse2020, notsolawful, TexasENG, tparty, whodareswins and 42 guests