SMU 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby adrib » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:49 pm

mike8075 wrote:
adrib wrote:first acceptance i found in last year's thread happened at 3:58 pm, a year ago in twelve minutes or so...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51824&hilit=smu&start=200



It's 2:45 Dallas time. CST.

no, i mean in TLS time. In Dallas time, the call happened just a couple of minutes before 3.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby najumobi » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:50 pm

isaiah6v8 wrote:
najumobi wrote:i think it was someone's assertion earlier in this thread that 1/26-> 1/28 = accepted and 1/27->1/28 = rejected. i am not sure what to think of this but i am definitely nervous about my prospects.
it was, but when asked for evidence to support, there was no response.
yeah you're right.

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby adrib » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:50 pm

najumobi wrote:
isaiah6v8 wrote:
najumobi wrote:i think it was someone's assertion earlier in this thread that 1/26-> 1/28 = accepted and 1/27->1/28 = rejected. i am not sure what to think of this but i am definitely nervous about my prospects.
it was, but when asked for evidence to support, there was no response.
yeah you're right.

i read last year's thread obsessively. several Wednesday change ppl got in.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby najumobi » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:55 pm

adrib wrote:i read last year's thread obsessively. several Wednesday change ppl got in.
i read the thread as well....but for some reason i don't know or don't remember the group that was rejected...

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby adrib » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:58 pm

najumobi wrote:
adrib wrote:i read last year's thread obsessively. several Wednesday change ppl got in.
i read the thread as well....but for some reason i don't know or don't remember the group that was rejected...

don't focus on the rejections! lol. just think about the Wednesday Complete ppl that got in :D

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby fathergoose » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:00 pm

so not to dredge up any unwanted LG flash backs but does:

Tues Complete --> Thurs Acceptance
Wed Complete --> Fri Acceptance

or is it

Thurs Acceptance --> Tues Complete
Fri Acceptance --> Wed Complete

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Why would SMU make calls for acceptances if it says on their status checkers that they are unable to release decisions by phone? Seems contradictory doesn't it?

choochoo
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby choochoo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:03 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:Why would SMU make calls for acceptances if it says on their status checkers that they are unable to release decisions by phone? Seems contradictory doesn't it?


I suppose it's different if they call you. They can verify it's you (although I suppose SSNs would suffice) but they mainly they probably don't want a million calls/e-mails...

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby chrisokc » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:04 pm

Looks like Dallas is about to get hammered by heavy thunderstorms. I'm in Oklahoma City - the same storm system is blanketing us with ice.

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:06 pm

yes, the weather is miserable here although I'm sure the ice would make it suck even more.

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby isaiah6v8 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:11 pm

fathergoose wrote:so not to dredge up any unwanted LG flash backs but does:

Tues Complete --> Thurs Acceptance
Wed Complete --> Fri Acceptance

or is it

Thurs Acceptance --> Tues Complete
Fri Acceptance --> Wed Complete


pretty much
chicken--> Egg
egg-->chicken
on that one.
I think i could make a valid argument in either direction.

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby isaiah6v8 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:12 pm

fathergoose wrote:so not to dredge up any unwanted LG flash backs but does:

Tues Complete --> Thurs Acceptance
Wed Complete --> Fri Acceptance

or is it

Thurs Acceptance --> Tues Complete
Fri Acceptance --> Wed Complete


the real question is, are you accepted on Thursday if and only if you were complete on Tuesday.

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:12 pm

choochoo wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:Why would SMU make calls for acceptances if it says on their status checkers that they are unable to release decisions by phone? Seems contradictory doesn't it?


I suppose it's different if they call you. They can verify it's you (although I suppose SSNs would suffice) but they mainly they probably don't want a million calls/e-mails...

yea that makes sense. haha I didn't think of it that way.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby chrisokc » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:14 pm

isaiah6v8 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:so not to dredge up any unwanted LG flash backs but does:

Tues Complete --> Thurs Acceptance
Wed Complete --> Fri Acceptance

or is it

Thurs Acceptance --> Tues Complete
Fri Acceptance --> Wed Complete


the real question is, are you accepted on Thursday if and only if you were complete on Tuesday.

It's looking like nobody is getting accepted on Thursday.

mike8075
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:48 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby mike8075 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:15 pm

isaiah6v8 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:so not to dredge up any unwanted LG flash backs but does:

Tues Complete --> Thurs Acceptance
Wed Complete --> Fri Acceptance

or is it

Thurs Acceptance --> Tues Complete
Fri Acceptance --> Wed Complete


the real question is, are you accepted on Thursday if and only if you were complete on Tuesday.



too funny! the real smart play here is to shut down my computer and just go do something. wouldn't kill me to get some work done before the day is over..................

Can't one of you just get accepted so we can start figuring out the puzzle!! :D

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby fathergoose » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:15 pm

isaiah6v8 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:so not to dredge up any unwanted LG flash backs but does:

Tues Complete --> Thurs Acceptance
Wed Complete --> Fri Acceptance

or is it

Thurs Acceptance --> Tues Complete
Fri Acceptance --> Wed Complete


the real question is, are you accepted on Thursday if and only if you were complete on Tuesday.


from a selfish standpoint the question is:

if Tuesday complete then you are accepted on Thursday

User avatar
jeeptiger09
Posts: 323
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby jeeptiger09 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:17 pm

Does anyone from 1/26 care to share what's on his/her status checker? I'm 1/27 and the Mailings, Fees, and Requirements headings are all blank. I'm pretty sure it's a reject (sorry to bring the bad news for 1/27).

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby adrib » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:18 pm

jeeptiger09 wrote:Does anyone from 1/26 care to share what's on his/her status checker? I'm 1/27 and the Mailings, Fees, and Requirements headings are all blank. I'm pretty sure it's a reject (sorry to bring the bad news for 1/27).

i'm a 1/26. all those slots are empty for me, too.

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby utcris410 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:20 pm

all blanks

mike8075
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:48 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby mike8075 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:21 pm

+1

User avatar
b.gump81
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby b.gump81 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:21 pm

jeeptiger09 wrote:Does anyone from 1/26 care to share what's on his/her status checker? I'm 1/27 and the Mailings, Fees, and Requirements headings are all blank. I'm pretty sure it's a reject (sorry to bring the bad news for 1/27).


I can't remember for sure, but I think they were blank before the status changes as well

User avatar
matrix637
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby matrix637 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:25 pm

I am having an emotional breakdown and this weather is not helping lol

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby texaspecial88 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:27 pm

we ED people have to hear by friday though, right?

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby isaiah6v8 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:29 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:we ED people have to hear by friday though, right?


unless you are being held. Then you are being cast as part of the regular pool.

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby isaiah6v8 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:32 pm

3:35 PM in Dallas, rainy, and no phone call yet.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], malysh, RickyBunny, studyingeveryday and 18 guests