SMU 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:22 pm

texasforever wrote:who knows? I'm expecting W/L though

edit: wait, I guess it means accept or reject if people actually saw "waitlisted" on their status checker?


correct

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:31 pm

I think it's good news for those of you changing today, I'm not sure about me changing yesterday though.

User avatar
lawschoolhopeful189
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:06 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby lawschoolhopeful189 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:32 pm

I have a feeling some FT acceptances are coming for those who had status checkers change today. It's been awhile since FT acceptances, so they should be due out soon!

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm

lawschoolhopeful189 wrote:I have a feeling some FT acceptances are coming for those who had status checkers change today. It's been awhile since FT acceptances, so they should be due out soon!


:(

User avatar
lawschoolhopeful189
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:06 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby lawschoolhopeful189 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:36 pm

da87 wrote:
lawschoolhopeful189 wrote:I have a feeling some FT acceptances are coming for those who had status checkers change today. It's been awhile since FT acceptances, so they should be due out soon!


:(


Sorry, I'm really, really pulling for you!!! I hope it's good news for you, also, of course!

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:41 pm

lawschoolhopeful189 wrote:
da87 wrote:
lawschoolhopeful189 wrote:I have a feeling some FT acceptances are coming for those who had status checkers change today. It's been awhile since FT acceptances, so they should be due out soon!


:(


Sorry, I'm really, really pulling for you!!! I hope it's good news for you, also, of course!


Haha that's ok

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Anyone else DR today?

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby keg411 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:11 pm

Still sitting at Complete. I seriously think they haven't read my application. Plus, I wasn't complete by their deadline which means that they can probably tell me in June if they want.

jgrin
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby jgrin » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:21 pm

keg411 wrote:Still sitting at Complete. I seriously think they haven't read my application. Plus, I wasn't complete by their deadline which means that they can probably tell me in June if they want.


+1

Yellowcard
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Yellowcard » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Wait Listed.
163/3.7

jgrin
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby jgrin » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm

Yellowcard wrote:Wait Listed.
163/3.7


Today or yesterday?

User avatar
Ty Webb
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Ty Webb » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:48 pm

Yellowcard wrote:Wait Listed.
163/3.7


Damn. That's kind of surprising, no?

DavidB
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby DavidB » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Ty Webb wrote:
Yellowcard wrote:Wait Listed.
163/3.7


Damn. That's kind of surprising, no?


I thought the same thing--those are great numbers to end up on a waitlist.

FB567
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby FB567 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:58 pm

DavidB wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:
Yellowcard wrote:Wait Listed.
163/3.7


Damn. That's kind of surprising, no?


I thought the same thing--those are great numbers to end up on a waitlist.


+1
FT or PT?

User avatar
Ty Webb
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Ty Webb » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:03 pm

FB567 wrote:
DavidB wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:
Yellowcard wrote:Wait Listed.
163/3.7


Damn. That's kind of surprising, no?


I thought the same thing--those are great numbers to end up on a waitlist.


+1
FT or PT?


Gotta be full time. Only way he'd get WL'd PT with those numbers is if he wrote an addendum about the admission dean's fun bags.

User avatar
wellington
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby wellington » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:03 pm

Had a friend get waitlisted. 161/3.6 FT

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby CmonSD » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:12 pm

Is there anyone who is strictly part time still waiting?

FB567
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby FB567 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Ty Webb wrote:Gotta be full time. Only way he'd get WL'd PT with those numbers is if he wrote an addendum about the admission dean's fun bags.


LOL
Looks like they are waitlisting everyone with 161-163 for FT.

User avatar
Ty Webb
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Ty Webb » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:18 pm

FB567 wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:Gotta be full time. Only way he'd get WL'd PT with those numbers is if he wrote an addendum about the admission dean's fun bags.


LOL
Looks like they are waitlisting everyone with 161-163 for FT.



I'm nervous. Have a 166/sub-3.0, with a solid addendum for that GPA, but it's still ugly. Very curious to see the result. 165+ has traditionally done well at SMU even with a poor companion, but that doesn't stop me from :(

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby fathergoose » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Those are some very impressive numbers to get waitlisted. I hope this bodes well for the quality of the incoming class.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23929
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Thirteen » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:28 pm

Ty Webb wrote:
FB567 wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:Gotta be full time. Only way he'd get WL'd PT with those numbers is if he wrote an addendum about the admission dean's fun bags.


LOL
Looks like they are waitlisting everyone with 161-163 for FT.



I'm nervous. Have a 166/sub-3.0, with a solid addendum for that GPA, but it's still ugly. Very curious to see the result. 165+ has traditionally done well at SMU even with a poor companion, but that doesn't stop me from :(


You should be fine with that LSAT. My GPA is really low, and I didn't write an addendum (I'm sure saying that I'm a dumbass wouldn't help much, haha).

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:30 pm

So no calls for anyone today yet?

User avatar
Sangiovese
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Sangiovese » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:33 pm

Ty Webb wrote:I'm nervous. Have a 166/sub-3.0, with a solid addendum for that GPA, but it's still ugly. Very curious to see the result. 165+ has traditionally done well at SMU even with a poor companion, but that doesn't stop me from :(


I think you're going to be in.

164 seems to be the big line in the sand... so it looks to me that being 2 points the the right of that line puts you in pretty safe territory.

User avatar
Ty Webb
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Ty Webb » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:36 pm

I hope so. After prepping an avg of 170, I pulled a giant chokejob with a 162 on my first try, which made me :x when I looked at SMU's charts. I had hoped the 166 second score would be good enough.

These guys/gals really make you wait it out, huh?

I'm convinced that before too long, I'll try to log in to the status checker and it's going to say, "Leave me the fuck alone."

User avatar
Sangiovese
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Sangiovese » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Ty Webb wrote:I'm convinced that before too long, I'll try to log in to the status checker and it's going to say, "Leave me the fuck alone."


:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ferrisjso, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 10 guests