SMU 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby chrisokc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:59 pm

Stryka wrote:
chrisokc wrote:
Stryka wrote:Decision rendered today, but it says for 4/27...I didn't know they can travel in time....anyone else??? It changed sometime after 2 PM i believe...

It's not time travel. The committee probably unanimously decided to reject you tomorrow.


Wow, that was very rude...

Sorry, that did sound rude. I was just trying to lighten the mood.

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Stryka wrote:Decision rendered today, but it says for 4/27...I didn't know they can travel in time....anyone else??? It changed sometime after 2 PM i believe...


stats?

FB567
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby FB567 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:52 pm

da87 wrote:DR 4/19= rejection
FT: 159/3.37
158/3.2

DR 4/21= ?
FT: 159/3.3

DR 4/22= ?
FT: 161/2.37
FT/PT: 156/3.1
FT/PT: 158/3.3

DR 4/23= most likely acceptance PT program due to "JD Evening"
FT/PT 164/3.18

DR 4/23= ?

FT 158/3.6X

Complete date updated: 4/22
157/3.98
159/3.98

DR: 4/26
FT: 157/3.6

Still haven't heard anything:
161/3.4
161/3.6
FT/PT 158/3.6 complete 2/3
165/sub 3 complete 3/10
FT 162/3.4 complete 1/22
161/3.8 complete 2/25
162/3.6
FT/PT 157/3.6 complete 1/22
FT 162/3.5 Complete 1/20 (However, I just changed to FT/PT with preference for PT last Thursday. I was told this would not delay the decision.)
Add any info you want.

jrjd28
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:51 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby jrjd28 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:57 pm

New TLS member, but I've been keeping up with SMU and others. I was stuck at 1/19 (first complete 1/7) and finally went DR on Friday, but it's dated 4/26. Haven't heard anything today. Rough wait, but we'll see soon.

Oh, yeah, and stats: 158/3.8.

Stryka
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:52 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Stryka » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Hmm...so these sporadic DRs could just be random rejections...Better to be optimistic, but don't wanna give too much false hope. Good luck everyone!

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:08 pm

DR 4/19= rejection
FT: 159/3.37
158/3.2

DR 4/21= ?
FT: 159/3.3

DR 4/22= ?
FT: 161/2.37
FT/PT: 156/3.1
FT/PT: 158/3.3

DR 4/23= most likely acceptance PT program due to "JD Evening"

FT/PT 164/3.18

DR 4/23= ?
FT 158/3.6X

Complete date updated: 4/22

157/3.98
159/3.98

DR: 4/26
FT: 157/3.6
158/3.8

Still haven't heard anything:
161/3.4
161/3.6
FT/PT 158/3.6 complete 2/3
165/sub 3 complete 3/10
FT 162/3.4 complete 1/22
161/3.8 complete 2/25
162/3.6
FT/PT 157/3.6 complete 1/22
FT 162/3.5 Complete 1/20 (However, I just changed to FT/PT with preference for PT last Thursday. I was told this would not delay the decision.)
Add any info you want.

futurejd_kl
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:18 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby futurejd_kl » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:18 pm

I think

DR 4/22
3.1/156

was tarheel from earlier, who said he got rejected today.

utswdukie80
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:47 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby utswdukie80 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:23 pm

da87 wrote:DR 4/19= rejection
FT: 159/3.37
158/3.2

DR 4/21= ?
FT: 159/3.3

DR 4/22= ?
FT: 161/2.37
FT/PT: 156/3.1
FT/PT: 158/3.3

[strike]DR 4/23[/strike]= most likely acceptance PT program due to "JD Evening"

FT/PT 164/3.18 No decision rendered, just a change in application completed date (from 1/22 to 4/23)

DR 4/23= ?
FT 158/3.6X

Complete date updated: 4/22

157/3.98
159/3.98

DR: 4/26
FT: 157/3.6
158/3.8

Still haven't heard anything:
161/3.4
161/3.6
FT/PT 158/3.6 complete 2/3
165/sub 3 complete 3/10
FT 162/3.4 complete 1/22
161/3.8 complete 2/25
162/3.6
FT/PT 157/3.6 complete 1/22
FT 162/3.5 Complete 1/20 (However, I just changed to FT/PT with preference for PT last Thursday. I was told this would not delay the decision.)
Add any info you want.

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:27 pm

DR 4/19= rejection
FT: 159/3.37
158/3.2

DR 4/21= rejection
FT: 159/3.3

DR 4/22= most likely rejections?
FT: 161/2.37
FT/PT: 156/3.1- rejection
FT/PT: 158/3.3-rejection

Complete date update 4/23= most likely acceptance PT program due to "JD Evening"
FT/PT 164/3.18 complete 1/22

DR 4/23= ?
FT 158/3.6X

Complete date updated: 4/22
157/3.98
159/3.98

DR: 4/26
FT: 157/3.6
158/3.8

Still haven't heard anything:
161/3.4
161/3.6
FT/PT 158/3.6 complete 2/3
165/sub 3 complete 3/10
FT 162/3.4 complete 1/22
161/3.8 complete 2/25
162/3.6
FT/PT 157/3.6 complete 1/22
FT 162/3.5 Complete 1/20 (However, I just changed to FT/PT with preference for PT last Thursday. I was told this would not delay the decision.)
FT 162/3.7x- held for further review from ED
155-157/4.0- held for further review from ED

Add any info you want.
Last edited by da87 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:35 pm

Stryka- what are your stats?

futurejd_kl
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:18 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby futurejd_kl » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Unfortunately...i got a letter in the mail and it was not good news.


da87 - you can update (i'm DR 4/22, 3.3/158) me as rejected

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:38 pm

futurejd_kl wrote:Unfortunately...i got a letter in the mail and it was not good news.


da87 - you can update (i'm DR 4/22, 3.3/158) me as rejected


Aw darn...I'm sorry :(

User avatar
EBGB
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:57 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby EBGB » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:10 pm

da87 wrote:DR 4/19= rejection
FT: 159/3.37
158/3.2

DR 4/21= ?
FT: 159/3.3

DR 4/22= ?
FT: 161/2.37
FT/PT: 156/3.1
FT/PT: 158/3.3

DR 4/23= most likely acceptance PT program due to "JD Evening"

FT/PT 164/3.18

DR 4/23= ?
FT 158/3.6X

Complete date updated: 4/22

157/3.98
159/3.98

DR: 4/26
FT: 157/3.6
158/3.8

Still haven't heard anything:
161/3.4
161/3.6
FT/PT 158/3.6 complete 2/3
165/sub 3 complete 3/10
FT 162/3.4 complete 1/22
161/3.8 complete 2/25
162/3.6
FT/PT 157/3.6 complete 1/22
FT 162/3.5 Complete 1/20 (However, I just changed to FT/PT with preference for PT last Thursday. I was told this would not delay the decision.)
Add any info you want.

I'm the DR from 4/21 at 159/3.3. Got my denial letter today. Good luck to the rest of you! I'll be at South Texas in the fall.

jgrin
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby jgrin » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:12 pm

So to everyone who hasn't had their applications touched since they went complete:

Do yall think this means:
(a) We avoid rejections, only to get waitlisted.
(b) We are rejections waiting to happen.
(c) We are acceptances waiting to happen.
(d) The fact that our applications have not been touched has no significance, and the lack of attention shown/perceived by the applicants is due to random chance.

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:48 pm

jgrin wrote:So to everyone who hasn't had their applications touched since they went complete:

Do yall think this means:
(a) We avoid rejections, only to get waitlisted.
(b) We are rejections waiting to happen.
(c) We are acceptances waiting to happen.
(d) The fact that our applications have not been touched has no significance, and the lack of attention shown/perceived by the applicants is due to random chance.


I think A and C

RSN_M3
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby RSN_M3 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:52 pm

I was held over from ED in January with a decision deadline by the end of April. Still on hold as of today.

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:55 pm

RSN_M3 wrote:I was held over from ED in January with a decision deadline by the end of April. Still on hold as of today.


What are your stats?

User avatar
Bustang
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Bustang » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:00 pm

Held for further review, 1/28

162, 3.7x FT only.

RSN_M3
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby RSN_M3 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:01 pm

da87 wrote:
RSN_M3 wrote:I was held over from ED in January with a decision deadline by the end of April. Still on hold as of today.


What are your stats?


Held 1/28.

155-157 4.0, T20 private Ugrad, non-urm but not from US (bilingual).
Last edited by RSN_M3 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lil_joolee
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby lil_joolee » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:02 pm

jrjd28 wrote:New TLS member, but I've been keeping up with SMU and others. I was stuck at 1/19 (first complete 1/7) and finally went DR on Friday, but it's dated 4/26. Haven't heard anything today. Rough wait, but we'll see soon.

Oh, yeah, and stats: 158/3.8.


same thing happened to me! i'm still waiting 157/3.6

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby CmonSD » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:51 pm

Decision Rendered 4/27 :shock:
Applied 12/28, Complete 1/19
PT Only 158/3.12

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:57 pm

CmonSD wrote:Decision Rendered 4/27 :shock:
Applied 12/28, Complete 1/19
PT Only 158/3.12


Does it say JD Evening?

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby CmonSD » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:04 pm

da87 wrote:
CmonSD wrote:Decision Rendered 4/27 :shock:
Applied 12/28, Complete 1/19
PT Only 158/3.12


Does it say JD Evening?


It says Part-Time - JD Evening
I don't think it means anything though because it has said that the whole time.

User avatar
Sangiovese
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Sangiovese » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:08 pm

CmonSD wrote:
da87 wrote:
CmonSD wrote:Decision Rendered 4/27 :shock:
Applied 12/28, Complete 1/19
PT Only 158/3.12


Does it say JD Evening?


It says Part-Time - JD Evening
I don't think it means anything though because it has said that the whole time.


Yeah, for people who only applied for PT, the program field doesn't give an early indication since it is already set to part time. Hopefully you get a phone call tomorrow :)

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby CmonSD » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:13 pm

Sangiovese wrote:
CmonSD wrote:
da87 wrote:
CmonSD wrote:Decision Rendered 4/27 :shock:
Applied 12/28, Complete 1/19
PT Only 158/3.12


Does it say JD Evening?


It says Part-Time - JD Evening
I don't think it means anything though because it has said that the whole time.


Yeah, for people who only applied for PT, the program field doesn't give an early indication since it is already set to part time. Hopefully you get a phone call tomorrow :)


Thanks!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arthrod, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], henryyou, smartmoon and 4 guests