SMU 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby chrisokc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:13 pm

helpmerhonda wrote:Well I know how some of you hate me, but I have slit my wrists and my bff helped me. The dreaded snail mail rejection came in yesterday's mail. After I got out of the ER I made permanent plans to attend U of Kansas. I am off this board and wish you all the best at SMU.

Say what you will about SMU admissions, but they did manage to filter out this individual.

User avatar
Bustang
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Bustang » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:14 pm

chrisokc wrote:
helpmerhonda wrote:Well I know how some of you hate me, but I have slit my wrists and my bff helped me. The dreaded snail mail rejection came in yesterday's mail. After I got out of the ER I made permanent plans to attend U of Kansas. I am off this board and wish you all the best at SMU.

Say what you will about SMU admissions, but they did manage to filter out this individual.


Bravo sir

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Bustang wrote:
chrisokc wrote:
helpmerhonda wrote:Well I know how some of you hate me, but I have slit my wrists and my bff helped me. The dreaded snail mail rejection came in yesterday's mail. After I got out of the ER I made permanent plans to attend U of Kansas. I am off this board and wish you all the best at SMU.

Say what you will about SMU admissions, but they did manage to filter out this individual.


Bravo sir


+1

justsmu10
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby justsmu10 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:31 pm

chrisokc wrote:
helpmerhonda wrote:Well I know how some of you hate me, but I have slit my wrists and my bff helped me. The dreaded snail mail rejection came in yesterday's mail. After I got out of the ER I made permanent plans to attend U of Kansas. I am off this board and wish you all the best at SMU.

Say what you will about SMU admissions, but they did manage to filter out this individual.


Indeed. Even though everyone ripped me to shreds for calling 'this individual' out last week...no worries; it's all good!

lil_joolee
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby lil_joolee » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:32 pm

Anybody get a phone call today for FT?

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby chrisokc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:34 pm

justsmu10 wrote:
chrisokc wrote:
helpmerhonda wrote:Well I know how some of you hate me, but I have slit my wrists and my bff helped me. The dreaded snail mail rejection came in yesterday's mail. After I got out of the ER I made permanent plans to attend U of Kansas. I am off this board and wish you all the best at SMU.

Say what you will about SMU admissions, but they did manage to filter out this individual.


Indeed. Even though everyone ripped me to shreds for calling 'this individual' out last week...no worries; it's all good!

I was behind you. I think admissions did us all a big favor. We don't need the added pressure of a potential (probable?) shooting spree.

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Ok so I know this seems like I have way too much time on my hands but I am just reallllllly bored in class, so this is what I have gathered from the past week or so. Feel free to add anything!

DR 4/19= rejection
FT: 159/3.37
158/3.2

DR 4/21= ?
FT: 159/3.3

DR 4/22= ?
FT: 161/2.37
FT/PT: 156/3.1

DR 4/23= most likely acceptance PT program due to "JD Evening"
FT/PT 164/3.18

Complete date updated: 4/22
157/3.98
159/3.98

DR: 4/26
FT: 157/3.6

Still haven't heard anything:

161/3.4
161/3.6
158/3.6 complete 2/3
165/sub 3

Add any info you want.

futurejd_kl
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:18 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby futurejd_kl » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:42 pm

da87 wrote:Ok so I know this seems like I have way too much time on my hands but I am just reallllllly bored in class, so this is what I have gathered from the past week or so. Feel free to add anything!

DR 4/19= rejection
FT: 159/3.37
158/3.2

DR 4/21= ?
FT: 159/3.3

DR 4/22= ?
FT: 161/2.37
FT/PT: 156/3.1

DR 4/23= most likely acceptance PT program due to "JD Evening"
FT/PT 164/3.18

Complete date updated: 4/22
157/3.98
159/3.98

DR: 4/26
FT: 157/3.6

Still haven't heard anything:

161/3.4
161/3.6
158/3.6 complete 2/3
165/sub 3

Add any info you want.


DR 4/22
158/3.3
FT & PT (Program status says JD (not JD Evening))

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:45 pm

DR 4/19= rejection
FT: 159/3.37
158/3.2

DR 4/21= ?
FT: 159/3.3

DR 4/22= ?
FT: 161/2.37
FT/PT: 156/3.1
FT/PT: 158/3.3

DR 4/23= most likely acceptance PT program due to "JD Evening"
FT/PT 164/3.18

Complete date updated: 4/22
157/3.98
159/3.98

DR: 4/26
FT: 157/3.6

Still haven't heard anything:

161/3.4
161/3.6
158/3.6 complete 2/3
165/sub 3

Add any info you want.

Katherine
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Katherine » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Complete 1/22... still.

Undergrad.

FT 162/3.4


Good luck all... this better be a week filled with good news or there is no way I can pass my finals.

MissJ10
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby MissJ10 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Complete 2/25... *sigh*

Undergrad, 161/3.8... pretty good softs, amazing recs :)

Been trolling on these boards for a while, and decided to join in on the waiting game with yall!

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:49 pm

DR 4/19= rejection
FT: 159/3.37
158/3.2

DR 4/21= ?
FT: 159/3.3

DR 4/22= ?
FT: 161/2.37
FT/PT: 156/3.1
FT/PT: 158/3.3

DR 4/23= most likely acceptance PT program due to "JD Evening"
FT/PT 164/3.18

DR 4/23= ?
FT 158/3.6X

Complete date updated: 4/22
157/3.98
159/3.98

DR: 4/26
FT: 157/3.6

Still haven't heard anything:
161/3.4
161/3.6
FT/PT 158/3.6 complete 2/3
165/sub 3
FT 162/3.4 complete 1/22
161/3.8 complete 2/25

Add any info you want.
Last edited by da87 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CV108
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:42 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby CV108 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:50 pm

I also am playing the waiting game.. but i have very slim chances...
I've been held for review since 1/28. and it says I should find out by the end of april.. This week is my finals week and I think i'm more focused on my status checker and this board than my studies..

tsub
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:36 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby tsub » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:53 pm

I am DR on 4/23... but I didn't apply to the PT program...

158/3.6x

lil_joolee
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby lil_joolee » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:56 pm

tsub wrote:I am DR on 4/23... but I didn't apply to the PT program...

158/3.6x



i have similar LSAT/GPA as you 157/3.6 and went DR the same date..hopefully, we'll hear good news soon! GOOD LUCK!!

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23908
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Thirteen » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:56 pm

justsmu10 wrote:
chrisokc wrote:
helpmerhonda wrote:Well I know how some of you hate me, but I have slit my wrists and my bff helped me. The dreaded snail mail rejection came in yesterday's mail. After I got out of the ER I made permanent plans to attend U of Kansas. I am off this board and wish you all the best at SMU.

Say what you will about SMU admissions, but they did manage to filter out this individual.


Indeed. Even though everyone ripped me to shreds for calling 'this individual' out last week...no worries; it's all good!


Yeah... about that... My bad.

tarheel354
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby tarheel354 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:59 pm

MissJ10 wrote:Complete 2/25... *sigh*

Undergrad, 161/3.8... pretty good softs, amazing recs :)

Been trolling on these boards for a while, and decided to join in on the waiting game with yall!



What do you mean by "amazing recs"? Just curious bc i dont know what to consider the recs i had sent....

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby keg411 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:07 pm

Don't go off of me in terms of the "have not heard" crew. I'm complete 3/10, which is super super late.

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:10 pm

DR 4/19= rejection
FT: 159/3.37
158/3.2

DR 4/21= ?
FT: 159/3.3

DR 4/22= ?
FT: 161/2.37
FT/PT: 156/3.1
FT/PT: 158/3.3

DR 4/23= most likely acceptance PT program due to "JD Evening"
FT/PT 164/3.18

DR 4/23= ?

FT 158/3.6X

Complete date updated: 4/22
157/3.98
159/3.98

DR: 4/26
FT: 157/3.6

Still haven't heard anything:
161/3.4
161/3.6
FT/PT 158/3.6 complete 2/3
165/sub 3 complete 3/10
FT 162/3.4 complete 1/22
161/3.8 complete 2/25
162/3.6
FT/PT 157/3.6 complete 1/22

Add any info you want.
Last edited by da87 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DavidB
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby DavidB » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:15 pm

keg411 wrote:Don't go off of me in terms of the "have not heard" crew. I'm complete 3/10, which is super super late.


That's strange--we have almost identical numbers and I received a decision 4/19. I guess the biggest difference is you did PT/FT?

Another nugget from the prospective student seminar, Keehan said the LORs were "the least important part of the application." Since the admissions committee expects most LORs to be very positive and complimentary, one that isn't really sticks out and negatively affects the applicant.

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:17 pm

DavidB wrote:
keg411 wrote:Don't go off of me in terms of the "have not heard" crew. I'm complete 3/10, which is super super late.


That's strange--we have almost identical numbers and I received a decision 4/19. I guess the biggest difference is you did PT/FT?

Another nugget from the prospective student seminar, Keehan said the LORs were "the least important part of the application." Since the admissions committee expects most LORs to be very positive and complimentary, one that isn't really sticks out and negatively affects the applicant.


Yes I agree with that-- but I have heard that if you have an LOR from VIP tied to SMU law then they weigh more than a normal LOR would.

tarheel354
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby tarheel354 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:29 pm

Just called up there, ppl with DR on 4/22 dont worry. They told me they were "very behind on making the congratulatory phone calls".

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:30 pm

Did they say anything else about decisions this week?

futurejd_kl
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:18 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby futurejd_kl » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:32 pm

tarheel354 wrote:Just called up there, ppl with DR on 4/22 dont worry. They told me they were "very behind on making the congratulatory phone calls".


thanks tar ....that makes me a little more hopeful.....

User avatar
ladysixmonkey
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby ladysixmonkey » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:38 pm

da87 wrote:
DavidB wrote:
keg411 wrote:Don't go off of me in terms of the "have not heard" crew. I'm complete 3/10, which is super super late.


That's strange--we have almost identical numbers and I received a decision 4/19. I guess the biggest difference is you did PT/FT?

Another nugget from the prospective student seminar, Keehan said the LORs were "the least important part of the application." Since the admissions committee expects most LORs to be very positive and complimentary, one that isn't really sticks out and negatively affects the applicant.


Yes I agree with that-- but I have heard that if you have an LOR from VIP tied to SMU law then they weigh more than a normal LOR would.



Did they mention if the essay was that important? I feel almost certain that this, combined with my specific work history, is what got me in.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”