SMU 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
utswdukie80
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:47 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby utswdukie80 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:32 pm

da87 wrote:
ClemTiger wrote:
da87 wrote:
utswdukie80 wrote:My status checker changed to JD Evening and updated to today's date. That's probably an acceptance to the part-time program, correct? Stats are 164, 3.18 if interested.

Edit: I applied to both the day and evening program.


Yes, sounds like it! When did you go complete?


You think its an acceptance? I'm hoping you are correct. Have most people that changed to JD evening turned out to be acceptances for the PT evening?


Yes, that is why I'm assuming an acceptance. When did you go complete?


I went complete 1/22/10, and then it said application completed 4/23/10. Does anybody know about scholarship money for the part-time program?

User avatar
ladysixmonkey
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby ladysixmonkey » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:58 pm

utswdukie80 wrote:My status checker changed to JD Evening and updated to today's date. That's probably an acceptance to the part-time program, correct? Stats are 164, 3.18 if interested.

Edit: I applied to both the day and evening program.


This is what happened with mine. It's a good sign. Wishing some good luck in your direction. :)

ClemTiger
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby ClemTiger » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:40 pm

ladysixmonkey wrote:
utswdukie80 wrote:This is what happened with mine. It's a good sign. Wishing some good luck in your direction. :)
I don't want to get my hopes up. I told them I had a preference for PT and so I guess the change to JD Evening could just be showing that. I would also assume that there is still a possibly of a waitlist/rejection as well. Just don't want to set myself for being let down.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23916
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Thirteen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:47 pm

ClemTiger wrote:
ladysixmonkey wrote:
utswdukie80 wrote:This is what happened with mine. It's a good sign. Wishing some good luck in your direction. :)
I don't want to get my hopes up. I told them I had a preference for PT and so I guess the change to JD Evening could just be showing that. I would also assume that there is still a possibly of a waitlist/rejection as well. Just don't want to set myself for being let down.


It seems like you're in for PT. Good luck, and I hope you hear good news soon!

User avatar
Yacht_Party
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Yacht_Party » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:53 pm

I'd bet the house that you're in PT.

lil_joolee
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby lil_joolee » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:17 pm

my status just changed today to DR, but the date posted is 4/26...what does that mean?! i'm scared.

157/3.6

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:48 pm

lil_joolee wrote:my status just changed today to DR, but the date posted is 4/26...what does that mean?! i'm scared.

157/3.6


when did you initially go complete?

User avatar
Yacht_Party
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Yacht_Party » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:52 pm

lil_joolee wrote:my status just changed today to DR, but the date posted is 4/26...what does that mean?! i'm scared.

157/3.6


FT or PT

Edit: it probably means they've made a decision...and they'll deal with it on Monday lol.
Last edited by Yacht_Party on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Ok...so I'm still stuck at complete 2/3...who else is still at complete and what are your stats?

jgrin
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby jgrin » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:57 pm

da87 wrote:Ok...so I'm still stuck at complete 2/3...who else is still at complete and what are your stats?


x2

ClemTiger
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby ClemTiger » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:09 pm

lil_joolee wrote:my status just changed today to DR, but the date posted is 4/26...what does that mean?! i'm scared.

157/3.6


Did your degree change to "JD Evening" if you applied to PT/FT?

CCCure
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:47 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby CCCure » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi everyone, ok so I have totally been trolling this site reading everyone's update, but my status just changed and i'm trying to decode what it could possibly mean!!!
I was "held for further review" since the end of Jan, as of today the Status box has changed to Fall Full/Part Time JD evening. Is this a good sign? Also I sent my seat deposit to another school already, beside losing that money, am I obligated to go there? Or can i still change my mind if I get into SMU?
Thanks!

Bogie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Bogie » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:43 pm

smuTTT

User avatar
Yacht_Party
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Yacht_Party » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:58 pm

Bogie wrote:App Complete 1/27- DR today. I applied ED but my numbers are a little low so we shall see.


Sorry you got rejected (or held). Congratulations on your acceptance to your reach.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23916
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Thirteen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:01 pm

CCCure wrote:Hi everyone, ok so I have totally been trolling this site reading everyone's update, but my status just changed and i'm trying to decode what it could possibly mean!!!
I was "held for further review" since the end of Jan, as of today the Status box has changed to Fall Full/Part Time JD evening. Is this a good sign? Also I sent my seat deposit to another school already, beside losing that money, am I obligated to go there? Or can i still change my mind if I get into SMU?
Thanks!


From the experiences of everyone else, it looks like you were admitted to the PT program. I'm not 100% sure, but your deposit to the other school probably isn't binding. Give the school's admissions office a call on Monday.

User avatar
Texasboundanddown
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Texasboundanddown » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:02 am

Hmm kinda sucks that there haven't been any/many FT acceptances yet. Either the big day is coming soon or they really overestimated how many ED's to let in.

shock259
Posts: 1737
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:30 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby shock259 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:46 am

I've been complete since mid-January and still no word.

User avatar
maxpayne
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby maxpayne » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:12 pm

First off, good luck to everyone waiting to hear back from SMU. And on a side note, the ASD yesterday was very impressive. The law quad, and whole campus for that matter, is absolutely spectacular and the facilities appeared up-to-date. The Dean gave a great presentation and a few current students offered great insight into the life of a1L at SMU Law. The ASD was icing on the cake for me and my decision to attend in the fall.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby fathergoose » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:52 pm

maxpayne wrote:First off, good luck to everyone waiting to hear back from SMU. And on a side note, the ASD yesterday was very impressive. The law quad, and whole campus for that matter, is absolutely spectacular and the facilities appeared up-to-date. The Dean gave a great presentation and a few current students offered great insight into the life of a1L at SMU Law. The ASD was icing on the cake for me and my decision to attend in the fall.


That was my impression from the last one. I'll be curious to see the yield this year.

User avatar
wellington
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby wellington » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:51 pm

maxpayne wrote:First off, good luck to everyone waiting to hear back from SMU. And on a side note, the ASD yesterday was very impressive. The law quad, and whole campus for that matter, is absolutely spectacular and the facilities appeared up-to-date. The Dean gave a great presentation and a few current students offered great insight into the life of a1L at SMU Law. The ASD was icing on the cake for me and my decision to attend in the fall.


Glad you liked it. I got the same impression too at the first ASD.

helpmerhonda
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby helpmerhonda » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Well I know how some of you hate me, but I have slit my wrists and my bff helped me. The dreaded snail mail rejection came in yesterday's mail. After I got out of the ER I made permanent plans to attend U of Kansas. I am off this board and wish you all the best at SMU.

texag08
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby texag08 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:58 pm

Those that still havent heard anything or had an update, what are your stats?

I am in this category, numbers are 161 3.41.

shum0407
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby shum0407 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:38 am

texag08 wrote:Those that still havent heard anything or had an update, what are your stats?

I am in this category, numbers are 161 3.41.


I'm 161/3.63 and still have not heard anything either :(

User avatar
SpencerPratt
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby SpencerPratt » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:36 am

I posted this in the SMU 2013/2014 thread as well, but wanted to get some input from as many people as possible.

Trying to get down to the PT ASD Thursday, May 20th

Looking at flights/hotel packages, it looks like it's actually cheaper to fly from DC, stay two nights, and fly out really early Friday morning (have my sister's undergrad graduation dinner and ball Friday evening/night) than staying one night or just flying down Thursday morning, not getting a hotel room, and getting to the airport late Thursday night/Friday morning and chilling. Anyone know if people typically go to the dinner and then go out at night? How long does the dinner/presentation last?

Also, I'd love to try out the apt locator deal. Since I can't rent a car (not 25 yet), would they come to my hotel to pick me up, drive me around, and drop me off? I'll probably get in Wednesday afternoon, take a cab to the campus and walk around to take things in, and then do the apt locator/walk around campus to find deals the day of the dinner.

Thoughts? Sorry, I've never been to Dallas, so I'm trying to figure it all out.

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby mcflooter06 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:47 am

SpencerPratt wrote:I posted this in the SMU 2013/2014 thread as well, but wanted to get some input from as many people as possible.

Trying to get down to the PT ASD Thursday, May 20th

Looking at flights/hotel packages, it looks like it's actually cheaper to fly from DC, stay two nights, and fly out really early Friday morning (have my sister's undergrad graduation dinner and ball Friday evening/night) than staying one night or just flying down Thursday morning, not getting a hotel room, and getting to the airport late Thursday night/Friday morning and chilling. Anyone know if people typically go to the dinner and then go out at night? How long does the dinner/presentation last?

Also, I'd love to try out the apt locator deal. Since I can't rent a car (not 25 yet), would they come to my hotel to pick me up, drive me around, and drop me off? I'll probably get in Wednesday afternoon, take a cab to the campus and walk around to take things in, and then do the apt locator/walk around campus to find deals the day of the dinner.

Thoughts? Sorry, I've never been to Dallas, so I'm trying to figure it all out.


If you're 21, you can rent a car, you will probably just have to pay an "under 25 fee." I rented with Enterprise with no problems, and I'm 22.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mm2368, Solidfood, Zoe107 and 10 guests