SMU 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tarheel354
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby tarheel354 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:50 am

ft/pt

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:55 am

tarheel354 wrote:ft/pt


when did you go complete and what are your stats if you don't mind sharing?

User avatar
SpencerPratt
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby SpencerPratt » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:02 pm

tarheel354 wrote:ft/pt


whoa whoa whoa....no tarheels at SMU, please :wink:

GL!

jgrin
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby jgrin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:22 pm

tarheel354 wrote:ft/pt


If you don't mind me asking, What are you stats? When did you go complete?

Once again, no update on my status checker...

helpmerhonda
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby helpmerhonda » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:32 pm

Interesting news...
My bff knew how depressed I've been, so she just called admissions today and spoke to a girl who said not to pay attention to anything on these boards.
She said that the committee is still reviewing apps, but for those who got a DR and are FT, they should just be looking for small letters in the mail by 4/30
My bff asked if they would be receiving calls if they were admitted, and she said "no" and that everyone who is admitted will be getting a letter, not a packet???????
So I don't know what is going on, but this was different from what we've all heard and experienced before, so who knows..maybe we are all still in the game!

User avatar
Bustang
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Bustang » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:34 pm

Why would they call PT admits this week yet deviate from FT in two respects: 1, no phone call, which they have traditionally always done and 2, no packet, which they have always done. That makes little to no sense.

helpmerhonda
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby helpmerhonda » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:41 pm

I have no idea, but that is what the girl said to my bff. I am only repeating the info, maybe they are so swamped, maybe she doesn't know what she is saying, who knows, I said the same thing to my bff, when I heard her asking the girl, and she repeated it and asked about the packets again..it truly doesnt make sense to me either. How does someone pay their seat deposit, what is going on? Why are they deviating from the past? All good questions...the bottom line is that we have to wait til we get the mail. I am at a loss as to figure out anything, I guess we just have to wait til the end of the month and see what the mail brings. But in the meantime, everyone who gets a call or a packet of admission or whatever, please keep writing on the board so we can all see what is really going on.
-peace-

justsmu10
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby justsmu10 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:47 pm

helpmerhonda wrote:Interesting news...
My bff knew how depressed I've been, so she just called admissions today and spoke to a girl who said not to pay attention to anything on these boards.
She said that the committee is still reviewing apps, but for those who got a DR and are FT, they should just be looking for small letters in the mail by 4/30
My bff asked if they would be receiving calls if they were admitted, and she said "no" and that everyone who is admitted will be getting a letter, not a packet???????
So I don't know what is going on, but this was different from what we've all heard and experienced before, so who knows..maybe we are all still in the game!


Pardon my forwardness, but one of three things is true: 1.) Your "bff" is playing a sick joke on you; 2.) The "girl in admissions" is a fucking idiot; 3.) You are completely full of shit.

I lean toward the latter.

jgrin
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby jgrin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:56 pm

justsmu10 wrote:
helpmerhonda wrote:Interesting news...
My bff knew how depressed I've been, so she just called admissions today and spoke to a girl who said not to pay attention to anything on these boards.
She said that the committee is still reviewing apps, but for those who got a DR and are FT, they should just be looking for small letters in the mail by 4/30
My bff asked if they would be receiving calls if they were admitted, and she said "no" and that everyone who is admitted will be getting a letter, not a packet???????
So I don't know what is going on, but this was different from what we've all heard and experienced before, so who knows..maybe we are all still in the game!


Pardon my forwardness, but one of three things is true: 1.) Your "bff" is playing a sick joke on you; 2.) The "girl in admissions" is a fucking idiot; 3.) You are completely full of shit.

I lean toward the latter.


Harsh words... How can you claim this with 100% certainty? I saw someone on LSN who was notified that they were accepted in mid May last year that was accepted via status checker (or so they claim).

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby keg411 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:57 pm

EBGB wrote:
tarheel354 wrote:4/22 DR this morning. Checked it about 9:30.


stats?

User avatar
SpencerPratt
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby SpencerPratt » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:58 pm

With the liberal usage of "bff," I'm assuming this is a parody.

User avatar
Bustang
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Bustang » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:58 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:With the liberal usage of "bff," I'm assuming this is a parody.


So you're trying to tell me your bffffffffffffffff doesn't have inside information, too?!

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23877
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Thirteen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:01 pm

justsmu10 wrote:
helpmerhonda wrote:Interesting news...
My bff knew how depressed I've been, so she just called admissions today and spoke to a girl who said not to pay attention to anything on these boards.
She said that the committee is still reviewing apps, but for those who got a DR and are FT, they should just be looking for small letters in the mail by 4/30
My bff asked if they would be receiving calls if they were admitted, and she said "no" and that everyone who is admitted will be getting a letter, not a packet???????
So I don't know what is going on, but this was different from what we've all heard and experienced before, so who knows..maybe we are all still in the game!


Pardon my forwardness, but one of three things is true: 1.) Your "bff" is playing a sick joke on you; 2.) The "girl in admissions" is a fucking idiot; 3.) You are completely full of shit.

I lean toward the latter.


Don't be a dick. I hope you really aren't "just smu", as I do not look forward to being classmates with someone that takes shots at a stranger while hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

helpmerhonda
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby helpmerhonda » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:10 pm

I've been completely honest with you all, and don't deserve the harsh words. This is the truth ...when I called, I relayed what was told to me, and now when my bff (yes, I do have a best friend forever) called, this is what was told to her. Take it or leave it, I don't know what to make of it either. But don't shoot the messenger!

DavidB
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby DavidB » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:12 pm

My guess is that the SMU person who stated that acceptances are only mailed was just parroting their official stance--that is, after all, the expectation that they advertise, "we are unable to release decisions via phone or email."

They still claim this even though virtually all applicants in the last several cycles have received phone calls when accepted.

justsmu10
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby justsmu10 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:14 pm

In the spirit of what this thread has devolved into, I would like to offer my own "inside" information:

It occurred to my great-uncle's second wife's cat that I have been really worried lately, and the cat somehow conveyed its concerns to its owner through various paw gesticulations. My great-uncle's second wife immediately contacted my great-uncle with this news. Upon hearing of this travesty, he grew quite troubled, and, on a hunch, contacted the admissions office. He was informed by a very nice lady that, starting today, all notifications will arrive via carrier pigeon. That's right, folks; get off TLS and the status checker page, put down the cell phone, walk outside and gaze toward the heavens. The answer you have been searching for will arrive on winged escort.

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby CmonSD » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:16 pm

justsmu10 wrote:In the spirit of what this thread has devolved into, I would like to offer my own "inside" information:

It occurred to my great-uncle's second wife's cat that I have been really worried lately, and the cat somehow conveyed its concerns to its owner through various paw gesticulations. My great-uncle's second wife immediately contacted my great-uncle with this news. Upon hearing of this travesty, he grew quite troubled, and, on a hunch, contacted the admissions office. He was informed by a very nice lady that, starting today, all notifications will arrive via carrier pigeon. That's right, folks; get off TLS and the status checker page, put down the cell phone, walk outside and gaze toward the heavens. The answer you have been searching for will arrive on winged escort.


You are a tool. [kthanxbye.]

User avatar
UTL_plz
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby UTL_plz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:17 pm

why u gotta troll?

Stryka
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:52 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Stryka » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:18 pm

CmonSD wrote:
justsmu10 wrote:In the spirit of what this thread has devolved into, I would like to offer my own "inside" information:

It occurred to my great-uncle's second wife's cat that I have been really worried lately, and the cat somehow conveyed its concerns to its owner through various paw gesticulations. My great-uncle's second wife immediately contacted my great-uncle with this news. Upon hearing of this travesty, he grew quite troubled, and, on a hunch, contacted the admissions office. He was informed by a very nice lady that, starting today, all notifications will arrive via carrier pigeon. That's right, folks; get off TLS and the status checker page, put down the cell phone, walk outside and gaze toward the heavens. The answer you have been searching for will arrive on winged escort.


You are a tool. [kthanxbye.]



Im curious why you used the word "tool" in this way? How is he being used? Please xplain...

User avatar
EBGB
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:57 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby EBGB » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:20 pm

justsmu10 wrote:In the spirit of what this thread has devolved into, I would like to offer my own "inside" information:

It occurred to my great-uncle's second wife's cat that I have been really worried lately, and the cat somehow conveyed its concerns to its owner through various paw gesticulations. My great-uncle's second wife immediately contacted my great-uncle with this news. Upon hearing of this travesty, he grew quite troubled, and, on a hunch, contacted the admissions office. He was informed by a very nice lady that, starting today, all notifications will arrive via carrier pigeon. That's right, folks; get off TLS and the status checker page, put down the cell phone, walk outside and gaze toward the heavens. The answer you have been searching for will arrive on winged escort.


In the spirit of what this thread has devolved into, I tag you as a troll and suggest that you follow your own advice in regards to getting off TLS. Go back to myspace and leave TLS to the grown ups.

User avatar
UTL_plz
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby UTL_plz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Trolls are coming out of the woodwork

justsmu10
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby justsmu10 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:24 pm

Thirteen wrote:
justsmu10 wrote:
helpmerhonda wrote:Interesting news...
My bff knew how depressed I've been, so she just called admissions today and spoke to a girl who said not to pay attention to anything on these boards.
She said that the committee is still reviewing apps, but for those who got a DR and are FT, they should just be looking for small letters in the mail by 4/30
My bff asked if they would be receiving calls if they were admitted, and she said "no" and that everyone who is admitted will be getting a letter, not a packet???????
So I don't know what is going on, but this was different from what we've all heard and experienced before, so who knows..maybe we are all still in the game!


Pardon my forwardness, but one of three things is true: 1.) Your "bff" is playing a sick joke on you; 2.) The "girl in admissions" is a fucking idiot; 3.) You are completely full of shit.

I lean toward the latter.


Don't be a dick. I hope you really aren't "just smu", as I do not look forward to being classmates with someone that takes shots at a stranger while hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.


It goes without saying that you don't know me, but just so you know: if someone came up to me in person with such a far-fetched story, I would have the exact same reaction. Further, if a critical approach to a claim bothers you so much, perhaps you should choose a dfferent profession. Just saying....

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23877
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Thirteen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:29 pm

justsmu10 wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
justsmu10 wrote:
helpmerhonda wrote:Interesting news...
My bff knew how depressed I've been, so she just called admissions today and spoke to a girl who said not to pay attention to anything on these boards.
She said that the committee is still reviewing apps, but for those who got a DR and are FT, they should just be looking for small letters in the mail by 4/30
My bff asked if they would be receiving calls if they were admitted, and she said "no" and that everyone who is admitted will be getting a letter, not a packet???????
So I don't know what is going on, but this was different from what we've all heard and experienced before, so who knows..maybe we are all still in the game!


Pardon my forwardness, but one of three things is true: 1.) Your "bff" is playing a sick joke on you; 2.) The "girl in admissions" is a fucking idiot; 3.) You are completely full of shit.

I lean toward the latter.


Don't be a dick. I hope you really aren't "just smu", as I do not look forward to being classmates with someone that takes shots at a stranger while hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.


It goes without saying that you don't know me, but just so you know: if someone came up to me in person with such a far-fetched story, I would have the exact same reaction. Further, if a critical approach to a claim bothers you so much, perhaps you should choose a dfferent profession. Just saying....


--ImageRemoved--


Apologies to everyone for derailing the thread.

User avatar
fixer
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby fixer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:32 pm

justsmu10 wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
justsmu10 wrote:
helpmerhonda wrote:Interesting news...
My bff knew how depressed I've been, so she just called admissions today and spoke to a girl who said not to pay attention to anything on these boards.
She said that the committee is still reviewing apps, but for those who got a DR and are FT, they should just be looking for small letters in the mail by 4/30
My bff asked if they would be receiving calls if they were admitted, and she said "no" and that everyone who is admitted will be getting a letter, not a packet???????
So I don't know what is going on, but this was different from what we've all heard and experienced before, so who knows..maybe we are all still in the game!


Pardon my forwardness, but one of three things is true: 1.) Your "bff" is playing a sick joke on you; 2.) The "girl in admissions" is a fucking idiot; 3.) You are completely full of shit.

I lean toward the latter.


Don't be a dick. I hope you really aren't "just smu", as I do not look forward to being classmates with someone that takes shots at a stranger while hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.


It goes without saying that you don't know me, but just so you know: if someone came up to me in person with such a far-fetched story, I would have the exact same reaction. Further, if a critical approach to a claim bothers you so much, perhaps you should choose a dfferent profession. Just saying....



"Just saying..."
-Sounds like the Dirty Army to me.

texag08
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby texag08 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:42 pm

Too much white noise!!

Can we get back on track? I need to feel nervous/hopeless again.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, proteinshake and 20 guests