SMU 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
FunkyJD

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:44 am

No problem. I don't know if you knew this, but this thread is under Funky JD's SMU Watch. It's important to take your admissions precautions at this time.

lsathelp

Postby lsathelp » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:17 pm

So i just talked to Maggie Froneberger and i was rejected :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :( . So now im left with two schools SLU and Indy-Indianapolis, i really need your help guys, im so hrut i cant even think, my heart is crushed, which one of these schools would you guys pick for me, i got $$ at both and i dont care where i end up. Please help guys SLU or Indy and why?

Good luck to the rest of you guys,i'll be praying for yall!!!!

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:20 pm

lsathelp, I am really, really sorry to hear this.

If the money is equal, I think the best thing is just to decide which market you'd prefer more, Indy or St. Louis -- or wherever the job prospects are better if you're split. I think I've read on these boards that the Indy legal market is especially hurting, but I'm not an authority on that.

This is a bummer. I hate it when I read stuff like this. I wish you all the best.

lsathelp

Postby lsathelp » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:23 pm

FunkyJD wrote:lsathelp, I am really, really sorry to hear this.

If the money is equal, I think the best thing is just to decide which market you'd prefer more, Indy or St. Louis -- or wherever the job prospects are better if you're split. I think I've read on these boards that the Indy legal market is especially hurting, but I'm not an authority on that.

This is a bummer. I hate it when I read stuff like this.

Thanks alot Funky, i'm so crushed its not even funny,i started to cry right there on the phone,she was really sorry tho,i guess its just one of those things, i really wish the rest of these guys get in tho.

billaboy12

Postby billaboy12 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:25 pm

lsathelp, i'm real sorry, too. do you mind sharing your numbers and if you called or emailed?

ClemTiger

Postby ClemTiger » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:29 pm

lsathelp wrote:

Thanks alot Funky, i'm so crushed its not even funny,i started to cry right there on the phone,she was really sorry tho,i guess its just one of those things, i really wish the rest of these guys get in tho.

I'm sorry to hear that. Still looks like you have some solid options though. Keep your head up. Did you apply to just to PT or both?

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:29 pm

lsathelp wrote:Thanks alot Funky, i'm so crushed its not even funny,i started to cry right there on the phone,she was really sorry tho,i guess its just one of those things, i really wish the rest of these guys get in tho.

I can relate to the feeling.

You will bounce back, and you will be a fine lawyer. Mark it down. Anyone who is as passionate about a goal as you are will get to where they need to be in life in the end.

ladysixmonkey

Postby ladysixmonkey » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:33 pm

lsathelp wrote:

I'm so sorry, lsathelp. Any program you attend will be lucky to have such an energetic, dedicated person.

lsathelp

Postby lsathelp » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:39 pm

ladysixmonkey wrote:
lsathelp wrote:

I'm so sorry, lsathelp. Any program you attend will be lucky to have such an energetic, dedicated person.

Thanks alot guys, i really appreciate it.

da87

Postby da87 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:40 pm

lsathelp wrote:So i just talked to Maggie Froneberger and i was rejected :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :( . So now im left with two schools SLU and Indy-Indianapolis, i really need your help guys, im so hrut i cant even think, my heart is crushed, which one of these schools would you guys pick for me, i got $$ at both and i dont care where i end up. Please help guys SLU or Indy and why?

Good luck to the rest of you guys,i'll be praying for yall!!!!

So sorry, lsathelp! I wish you the best of luck wherever you end up. You will end up where you are meant to be.

lsathelp

Postby lsathelp » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:41 pm

ClemTiger wrote:
lsathelp wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that. Still looks like you have some solid options though. Keep your head up. Did you apply to just to PT or both?

Thanks! I only applied for PT. Good luck!

lsathelp

Postby lsathelp » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:41 pm

billaboy12 wrote:lsathelp, i'm real sorry, too. do you mind sharing your numbers and if you called or emailed?

I called. 3.6/156

lsathelp

Postby lsathelp » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:46 pm

Good luck to the rest of you guys, it seems like there were some acceptances made so i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. And for those of you who have decided to attend,i want you guys to go there and Kick ass! best wishes guys!

raoul79

Postby raoul79 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:48 pm

lsathelp wrote:Good luck to the rest of you guys, it seems like there were some acceptances made so i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. And for those of you who have decided to attend,i want you guys to go there and Kick ass! best wishes guys!

Sorry man... I was pulling for you...
What makes you say there some acceptances?

wellington

Postby wellington » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:49 pm

lsathelp wrote:Good luck to the rest of you guys, it seems like there were some acceptances made so i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. And for those of you who have decided to attend,i want you guys to go there and Kick ass! best wishes guys!

Good luck to you too, lsathelp.

You know, if you really love SMU as it seems, and you can wait a year, I would highly recommend doing so.

My numbers were lackluster last cycle, and I spent the year improving markedly. I went from a long waitlist/rejection to first round admittance and $$$.

I say this to illustrate that it's doable if you really really want SMU (like I did).

lsathelp

Postby lsathelp » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:56 pm

wellington wrote:

You know, if you really love SMU as it seems, and you can wait a year, I would highly recommend doing so.

My numbers were lackluster last cycle, and I spent the year improving markedly. I went from a long waitlist/rejection to first round admittance and $$$.

I say this to illustrate that it's doable if you really really want SMU (like I did).

Wellington thats what i was thinking, i asked them that if i retake in June would they reevaluate my file and they said yes. But im thinking space might be all gone by then.plus this would be my 4 time taking the lsat.

ladysixmonkey

Postby ladysixmonkey » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:58 pm

wellington wrote:

Yeah, you are approaching the cutoff of total LSAT attempts, but you could develop other areas of your profile (e. g. legal work experience). If you already have a job, you could save and study over the next year and then kick a** when you get admitted. Plus, you could enjoy some free time before the time vampire of ls gets its mitts on you. :)
That's my plan if I don't get accepted.

jgrin

Postby jgrin » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:06 pm

lsathelp - sorry to hear about the news. I am sure wherever you end up, you will seize the moment and exceed expectations.

What gave you the idea that there were some acceptances?

justsmu10

Postby justsmu10 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:08 pm

So now I wonder if Wednesday/Yesterday's DR's were rejections...since no one has gotten a phone call and at least one person has called and been told they were, in fact, rejected? The craziness continues....

jgrin

Postby jgrin » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:12 pm

jgrin wrote:lsathelp - sorry to hear about the news. I am sure wherever you end up, you will seize the moment and exceed expectations.

ALSO, I am a bit shocked you weren't at least waitlisted...

I think you said earlier in the thread that you applied PT, is this correct?

lsathelp

Postby lsathelp » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:13 pm

jgrin wrote:lsathelp - sorry to hear about the news. I am sure wherever you end up, you will seize the moment and exceed expectations.

Thanks, i initially inquired about accepted applicant and when they would be getting phone calls when i was informed that i wouldnt be one of the ones recieving a call instead i was getting a letter,so i guess some were accepted.

DavidB

Postby DavidB » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:14 pm

justsmu10 wrote:So now I wonder if Wednesday/Yesterday's DR's were rejections...since no one has gotten a phone call and at least one person has called and been told they were, in fact, rejected? The craziness continues....

I'm not sure. My status was updated 4/7, but still only says "application complete." Lsathelp had moved to "decision rendered"--has anybody else's status moved to DR?

lsathelp

Postby lsathelp » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:16 pm

jgrin wrote:

Yea i did apply PT and i'm as shocked as you, i thought worst case would be a waitlist,so i'm confused and i applied early too,their admissions cylce had been so wierd this year,i dont know what to make of it.

jgrin

Postby jgrin » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:19 pm

lsathelp wrote:

Thanks, i initially inquired about accepted applicant and when they would be getting phone calls when i was informed that i wouldnt be one of the ones recieving a call instead i was getting a letter,so i guess some were accepted.

I wonder if they are making phone calls today???

jgrin

Postby jgrin » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:24 pm

lsathelp wrote:
jgrin wrote:

Yea i did apply PT and i'm as shocked as you, i thought worst case would be a waitlist,so i'm confused and i applied early too,their admissions cylce had been so wierd this year,i dont know what to make of it.

It seems like they are making decisions now that aren't strictly numbers based, because you were a sure thing to be at least waitslisted. There are some people on LSN who have been accepted FT with lower numbers than yours

Where are you from? What undergrad did you go to? How were your softs?

I'm guessing it had something to do with this since your numbers seem to pass the eyeball test

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”