SMU 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SpencerPratt
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby SpencerPratt » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:06 pm

Just paid my first seat deposit online! Getting excited!!

User avatar
Sangiovese
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Sangiovese » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:15 pm

How long did it take for the student id/login info to show up after the admissions packet arrived?

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby utcris410 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:18 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:Just paid my first seat deposit online! Getting excited!!

Congrats!

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby utcris410 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:19 pm

Sangiovese wrote:How long did it take for the student id/login info to show up after the admissions packet arrived?

Do you mean how long after did we receive the letters?

If so, I receive my admission packet in January. Received the letters this week.

Also, just got a call for an interview for the Hughes scholly!!!!!!!! So excited!!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
SpencerPratt
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby SpencerPratt » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Congrats 410!

I received my packet end of Jan, scholly info mid-Feb, but haven't gotten anything about an ID or whatever.

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby utcris410 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:30 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:Congrats 410!

I received my packet end of Jan, scholly info mid-Feb, but haven't gotten anything about an ID or whatever.

Thanks!!!

User avatar
Sangiovese
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Sangiovese » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:26 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:Congrats 410!

I received my packet end of Jan, scholly info mid-Feb, but haven't gotten anything about an ID or whatever.


I'm curious how you paid the seat deposit online if you haven't received any login info for SMU? Did your status checker change and open a place to pay the deposit?

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby chrisokc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Sangiovese wrote:
SpencerPratt wrote:Congrats 410!

I received my packet end of Jan, scholly info mid-Feb, but haven't gotten anything about an ID or whatever.


I'm curious how you paid the seat deposit online if you haven't received any login info for SMU? Did your status checker change and open a place to pay the deposit?

Go to --LinkRemoved-- to pay the deposit.

User avatar
SpencerPratt
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby SpencerPratt » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Yeah, it has info in the packet on where to go. You just put in your name and LSAC # and pay by credit card.

What does the log-in allow you to do/see/sign up for/whatever?

User avatar
Sangiovese
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Sangiovese » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:40 pm

chrisokc wrote:Go to --LinkRemoved-- to pay the deposit.


Thanks!

Not sure how I missed that in the packet. I'm going to blame it on the fact that the packet arrived about 3 hours before I headed out for a long (and long overdue) weekend getaway with the Mrs :)

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby chrisokc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:44 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:Yeah, it has info in the packet on where to go. You just put in your name and LSAC # and pay by credit card.

What does the log-in allow you to do/see/sign up for/whatever?

Well, you can't do a lot at this point. You get university-wide general e-mails. You can see any deposits that you have paid are credited to your account.

blackeyeddog
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:06 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby blackeyeddog » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:02 pm

utcris410 wrote:Also, just got a call for an interview for the Hughes scholly!!!!!!!! So excited!!!! :mrgreen:


+1

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby mcflooter06 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:06 pm

utcris410 wrote:
Sangiovese wrote:How long did it take for the student id/login info to show up after the admissions packet arrived?

Do you mean how long after did we receive the letters?

If so, I receive my admission packet in January. Received the letters this week.

Also, just got a call for an interview for the Hughes scholly!!!!!!!! So excited!!!! :mrgreen:



CONGRATS! And good luck!!

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby utcris410 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Thanks! :) GL to you too!

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby chrisokc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Has anyone come up with a secret handshake/tls identifier?

cafloyd12
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby cafloyd12 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:24 pm

How about two consecutive fist daps?

User avatar
SpencerPratt
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby SpencerPratt » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:48 pm

Apparently two letters from SMU have arrived at my parents' house. I'm confused, as the decision package and scholly info came to my current address (I emailed the adcom back in December of my address change). I'm assuming the letters are my log-in info and shit.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby fathergoose » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:30 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:Apparently two letters from SMU have arrived at my parents' house. I'm confused, as the decision package and scholly info came to my current address (I emailed the adcom back in December of my address change). I'm assuming the letters are my log-in info and shit.

That is bizarre.

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Did anyone's status checker change today?

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby chrisokc » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:20 pm

Looks like they e-mailed the parking passes.

User avatar
UTL_plz
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby UTL_plz » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:21 pm

I see that the ASD will begin at 830 and end at 2pm, but i can't find anywhere an agenda or schedule of events for the day. Has anyone come across or know where to find this?

I am curious to know what the day will be like.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby chrisokc » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:49 pm

UTL_plz wrote:I see that the ASD will begin at 830 and end at 2pm, but i can't find anywhere an agenda or schedule of events for the day. Has anyone come across or know where to find this?

I am curious to know what the day will be like.

I'm pretty sure we'll observe a class - that'll kill around an hour. They give us breakfast and lunch - that's about all I know.

tinyone
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby tinyone » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:16 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:Apparently two letters from SMU have arrived at my parents' house. I'm confused, as the decision package and scholly info came to my current address (I emailed the adcom back in December of my address change). I'm assuming the letters are my log-in info and shit.



Yeah that happened to me too! A letter from SMU was sent to my permanent address (parents) although I received a copy of the same letter at my current address. I'm hoping that my ID has been sent to my parents house and thats why I havent received it yet.

Katherine
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Katherine » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:22 pm

are we really not going to see anything again this week??

da87
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby da87 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Katherine wrote:are we really not going to see anything again this week??


Doesn't look like it. I called the admissions office earlier today and apparently the computer system is down right now...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Long shot hero, zeglo and 12 guests