SMU 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby utcris410 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:26 pm

chrisokc wrote:
UTL_plz wrote:me either

looking forward to ASD

I'll be there 3/19.

+1 on all of the above

User avatar
bonnieblue
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby bonnieblue » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:28 pm

utcris410 wrote:
chrisokc wrote:
UTL_plz wrote:me either

looking forward to ASD

I'll be there 3/19.

+1 on all of the above


same here

i was starting to HEAVILY lean toward emory, but after a trip back to the big D this weekend, I'm falling back in the SMU camp

jgrin
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 am

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby jgrin » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:37 pm

utcris410 wrote:
ChonWayne wrote:
wellington wrote:
jgrin wrote:Over the past two day when I have attempted to use the status checker link off of law.smu.edu, it has prompted me with a message of a navigation error. Has anyone else been encountering this?


I checked about an hour ago and got the same message. This happened last year a couple of times--it should be back up before long.


I'm still receiving this error when trying to view the status checker, are y'all?

Nope. It's working for me.


Still not working for me... I check it about every hour or so - Status checkers have begun to consume my life

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby utcris410 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:37 pm

So strange!!

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby fathergoose » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:47 pm

I'm in on the 3/19 asd as well.

Also I'm glad noone else got a HS letter today. Maybe we'll get one tomorrow

ylwbellysloth
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby ylwbellysloth » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Same here, but just click on "prospective students" to go to a new page, then click on check application status on the left side of the screen - instead of just clicking check app status from the drop down menu in the beginning

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby mcflooter06 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:01 pm

I just received an e-mail about the HS from the executive director, and in it he said that only 23 people were being selected for an interview, and that letters were on their way for those who hadn't received one yet. Maybe y'all have one coming tomorrow! ;)


edit: I forgot to mention earlier that they are reimbursing people from out-of-town for full airfare, hotel (2 nights), food, and gas mileage if you are driving.
Last edited by mcflooter06 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby utcris410 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:02 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:I just received an e-mail about the HS from the executive director, and in it he said that only 23 people were being selected for an interview, and that letters were on their way for those who hadn't received one yet. Maybe y'all have one coming tomorrow! ;)

GL to everyone waiting! I wonder what they do if you can't make the two selection days??

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby mcflooter06 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:03 pm

utcris410 wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:I just received an e-mail about the HS from the executive director, and in it he said that only 23 people were being selected for an interview, and that letters were on their way for those who hadn't received one yet. Maybe y'all have one coming tomorrow! ;)

GL to everyone waiting! I wonder what they do if you can't make the two selection days??



AGH I know! I'm going to ask, they said someone is supposed to call on Tuesday. I had a hotel booked in Austin (non-refundable OF COURSE) to be at the UT ASD. Grr.

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby utcris410 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:07 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:
utcris410 wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:I just received an e-mail about the HS from the executive director, and in it he said that only 23 people were being selected for an interview, and that letters were on their way for those who hadn't received one yet. Maybe y'all have one coming tomorrow! ;)

GL to everyone waiting! I wonder what they do if you can't make the two selection days??



AGH I know! I'm going to ask, they said someone is supposed to call on Tuesday. I had a hotel booked in Austin (non-refundable OF COURSE) to be at the UT ASD. Grr.

I wonder if this was part of their date selection consideration...dun dun duuuun! ;)
Either way, congrats on the letter! Worse case, if you decide to be in Dallas, maybe you could offer someone in the UT thread your hotel?? :)

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby mcflooter06 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:10 pm

utcris410 wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:
utcris410 wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:I just received an e-mail about the HS from the executive director, and in it he said that only 23 people were being selected for an interview, and that letters were on their way for those who hadn't received one yet. Maybe y'all have one coming tomorrow! ;)

GL to everyone waiting! I wonder what they do if you can't make the two selection days??



AGH I know! I'm going to ask, they said someone is supposed to call on Tuesday. I had a hotel booked in Austin (non-refundable OF COURSE) to be at the UT ASD. Grr.

I wonder if this was part of their date selection consideration...dun dun duuuun! ;)
Either way, congrats on the letter! Worse case, if you decide to be in Dallas, maybe you could offer someone in the UT thread your hotel?? :)


Hahaha, I wondered that myself. Thanks for the congrats. :) SMU really is a wonderful school, and not to mention BEAUTIFUL.

Thats not a bad idea. I did that Priceline "pick your price" thing and got a Hilton for $50, so its a pretty sweet deal.

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby utcris410 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:15 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:
Thats not a bad idea. I did that Priceline "pick your price" thing and got a Hilton for $50, so its a pretty sweet deal.

Yes, it is beautiful. And Name your own Price...I use that all the time!! :)

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby chrisokc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:24 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:I just received an e-mail about the HS from the executive director, and in it he said that only 23 people were being selected for an interview, and that letters were on their way for those who hadn't received one yet. Maybe y'all have one coming tomorrow! ;)


edit: I forgot to mention earlier that they are reimbursing people from out-of-town for full airfare, hotel (2 nights), food, and gas mileage if you are driving.

Hmm. I suppose if you get an HS invite, it wouldn't make sense to also attend the 3/19 ASD.

User avatar
bonnieblue
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby bonnieblue » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:31 pm

so does this mean if we haven't gotten an email, its prob not happening

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby fathergoose » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:57 pm

bonnieblue wrote:so does this mean if we haven't gotten an email, its prob not happening


I was just thinking the same thing. Unless he emailed them first or they staggered their mailings, I'm thinking I'm SOL.

User avatar
nuttygerman
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby nuttygerman » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:06 pm

k10370 wrote:Complete since 1/8 for FT...trying to be patient

+1

User avatar
SpencerPratt
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby SpencerPratt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:14 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:I just received an e-mail about the HS from the executive director, and in it he said that only 23 people were being selected for an interview, and that letters were on their way for those who hadn't received one yet. Maybe y'all have one coming tomorrow! ;)


edit: I forgot to mention earlier that they are reimbursing people from out-of-town for full airfare, hotel (2 nights), food, and gas mileage if you are driving.


I'm assuming us non-brainiacs won't get any $ help for our ASD visit?

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby chrisokc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:45 pm

mcflooter got the snail mail on Saturday - e-mail today. You guys remember how we all got our scholarship letters days apart? I wouldn't assume anything about the HS just yet. I will be stalking the mail carrier harder than usual tomorrow.

fallguy
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby fallguy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:59 pm

I'm losing hope. I'm in Fort Worth and I didn't get one today. Throw some love my way, SMU!

clairecate
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby clairecate » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:15 am

Anyone else went application complete on 2/9? Haven't heard anything since, and I'm starting worry. I'm afraid I've got that whole SMU undergrad stigma working against me =\

162/3.53

MDPSteve
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby MDPSteve » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:48 am

clairecate wrote:Anyone else went application complete on 2/9? Haven't heard anything since, and I'm starting worry. I'm afraid I've got that whole SMU undergrad stigma working against me =\

162/3.53


No change here since app complete 2/3.

User avatar
wellington
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby wellington » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Nothing in the mail today--not that I'm expecting a HS invite with my scores.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23852
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Thirteen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Anyone else going to the second ASD? I'll be in Padre during the first one, but hope I can at meet at least a few fellow TLS-ers in April.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby fathergoose » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:43 pm

wellington wrote:Nothing in the mail today--not that I'm expecting a HS invite with my scores.


+1

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23852
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU 2010!

Postby Thirteen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:44 pm

fathergoose wrote:
wellington wrote:Nothing in the mail today--not that I'm expecting a HS invite with my scores.


+1


Good luck, and hopefully you'll both hear some good news in the next few days.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”