Stanford 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby BenJ » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:07 pm

kumba84 wrote:
nattybro wrote:
rolark wrote:Hey, friends. Like many of you, I'm experiencing a bit of strife with my Form B. I just received an e-mail saying that they haven't received it, even though my dean told me it had been sent out in early December. Does anyone have information on how negatively a mid-January completion will affect my application? Also, for those who received the "incomplete" e-mail in the past, how should I expect the turn around to be after my Dean actually gets it out?


Same boat. Not too pleased with my undergrad right now. Does anyone know if Form B can be faxed in, or does it need to be mailed?



It needs to be mailed. I called in November to ask whether it could be faxed, and they said that I could fax/email it to my UG, but the UG needs to mail it to them.


Not quite true. I just had an e-mail correspondence with them the other day. They will consider your file complete as soon as they get a faxed version of the Form B, but they need the original copy of Form B eventually. So your UG can fax them a copy to get your application to complete, then mail the original, which they'll get about a week later.

User avatar
rolark
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby rolark » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:11 pm

BenJ wrote:Not quite true. I just had an e-mail correspondence with them the other day. They will consider your file complete as soon as they get a faxed version of the Form B, but they need the original copy of Form B eventually. So your UG can fax them a copy to get your application to complete, then mail the original, which they'll get about a week later.

Yep, I heard the same thing when I called the other day.

User avatar
booby87
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby booby87 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:33 pm

.
Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
nattybro
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby nattybro » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:42 pm

rolark wrote:
BenJ wrote:Not quite true. I just had an e-mail correspondence with them the other day. They will consider your file complete as soon as they get a faxed version of the Form B, but they need the original copy of Form B eventually. So your UG can fax them a copy to get your application to complete, then mail the original, which they'll get about a week later.

Yep, I heard the same thing when I called the other day.


Ok thanks, sounds like I can expedite this a little. Anyone happen to have the fax # handy?

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Core » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 pm

Grats to you two! Hopefully we see some more acceptances tomorrow.

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Dignan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:43 am

Core wrote:Grats to you two! Hopefully we see some more acceptances tomorrow.

+1

Of the three acceptances reported today (two on TLS and one on LSN who didn't post here), all have URM status. This gives me some hope that Stanford will do a separate batch of non-URM acceptances tomorrow. I'll definitely have my phone on me between 8 and 5.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:47 am

Dignan wrote:
Core wrote:Grats to you two! Hopefully we see some more acceptances tomorrow.

+1

Of the three acceptances reported today (two on TLS and one on LSN who didn't post here), all have URM status. This gives me some hope that Stanford will do a separate batch of non-URM acceptances tomorrow. I'll definitely have my phone on me between 8 and 5.


I was called at about 8:30, when I was still sleeping. Be ready early if you want to hear Faye's voice in person. If you don't pick up, though, she'll leave a voicemail and then email you.

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Dignan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:55 am

managamy wrote:
Dignan wrote:
Core wrote:Grats to you two! Hopefully we see some more acceptances tomorrow.

+1

Of the three acceptances reported today (two on TLS and one on LSN who didn't post here), all have URM status. This gives me some hope that Stanford will do a separate batch of non-URM acceptances tomorrow. I'll definitely have my phone on me between 8 and 5.


I was called at about 8:30, when I was still sleeping. Be ready early if you want to hear Faye's voice in person. If you don't pick up, though, she'll leave a voicemail and then email you.

I've got an 8ish to 5ish job, so I don't have the option of being asleep at 8:30 on a weekday. My worry is that I will get the call while in a meeting at work.

Dean Faye is tricky: sometimes she calls first thing in the morning; sometimes (like today) she calls midday; and sometimes she calls towards the end of the day. It keeps you on your toes.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:13 am

Dignan wrote:
managamy wrote:
Dignan wrote:
Core wrote:Grats to you two! Hopefully we see some more acceptances tomorrow.

+1

Of the three acceptances reported today (two on TLS and one on LSN who didn't post here), all have URM status. This gives me some hope that Stanford will do a separate batch of non-URM acceptances tomorrow. I'll definitely have my phone on me between 8 and 5.


I was called at about 8:30, when I was still sleeping. Be ready early if you want to hear Faye's voice in person. If you don't pick up, though, she'll leave a voicemail and then email you.

I've got an 8ish to 5ish job, so I don't have the option of being asleep at 8:30 on a weekday. My worry is that I will get the call while in a meeting at work.
Dean Faye is tricky: sometimes she calls first thing in the morning; sometimes (like today) she calls midday; and sometimes she calls towards the end of the day. It keeps you on your toes.


Why are you worried about receiving it during a meeting? Surely your co-workers would understand something of the magnitude of an HYS acceptance. You'd be the most popular guy in the office for a while.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby crackberry » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:14 am

managamy wrote:Why are you worried about receiving it during a meeting? Surely your co-workers would understand something of the magnitude of an HYS acceptance. You'd be the most popular guy in the office for a while.

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not...

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:23 am

crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:Why are you worried about receiving it during a meeting? Surely your co-workers would understand something of the magnitude of an HYS acceptance. You'd be the most popular guy in the office for a while.

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not...


I wasn't being facetious. My general popularity distinctly went up a few notches after receiving acceptances. Nobody minded when I got the UCLA call in the middle of class, after I explained it. I imagine that a Stanford call would be even more acceptable.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby crackberry » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:26 am

managamy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:Why are you worried about receiving it during a meeting? Surely your co-workers would understand something of the magnitude of an HYS acceptance. You'd be the most popular guy in the office for a while.

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not...


I wasn't being facetious. My general popularity distinctly went up a few notches after receiving acceptances. Nobody minded when I got the UCLA call in the middle of class, after I explained it. I imagine that a Stanford call would be even more acceptable.

You are in college. You were in an academic environment when you got the call. (Some) professors would understand that.

Most bosses couldn't care less about what law schools their employees will be ditching them for; they care much more about how they're going to replace said employee. Also, taking a personal phone call during a business meeting would be an absolute no-no most places. You'll learn this.

User avatar
fidesverita
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby fidesverita » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:27 am

managamy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:Why are you worried about receiving it during a meeting? Surely your co-workers would understand something of the magnitude of an HYS acceptance. You'd be the most popular guy in the office for a while.

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not...


I wasn't being facetious. My general popularity distinctly went up a few notches after receiving acceptances. Nobody minded when I got the UCLA call in the middle of class, after I explained it. I imagine that a Stanford call would be even more acceptable.


Oh for God's sake, it's a phone call. If you want to, pick it up. If you miss it, big whoop. You'll get an email about it!

clint4law
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby clint4law » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:30 am

has stanford sent out any WL/Dings yet?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby crackberry » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:34 am

clint4law wrote:has stanford sent out any WL/Dings yet?

No. Could be a while. Like April.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:41 am

crackberry wrote:
Also, taking a personal phone call during a business meeting would be an absolute no-no most places. You'll learn this.


Very glad that I'm still in college then! :D It would be hard to control the instinctive reaction. :wink:

socdep
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby socdep » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:09 am

Any calls this a.m.??????

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby tintin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:11 am

socdep wrote:Any calls this a.m.??????


it's not even 8am.....I don't think the dean cares THAT much about us applicants :lol:

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby somewhatwayward » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:42 am

I am praying so hard for more calls today

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby somewhatwayward » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:46 am

I was, like, ohmygod the stanford thread was bumped....then I realized I was the one who bumped it
Facepalm

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Core » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:03 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:I was, like, ohmygod the stanford thread was bumped....then I realized I was the one who bumped it
Facepalm

LOL. Happens to me all the time.
If I were religious, I'd be praying for that same thing. I think we'll see more decisions today - but with my stats, I feel like I'll be waiting a while to hear back.

socdep
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby socdep » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Have all acceptances to date been phone calls?

User avatar
catwoman
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby catwoman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:13 pm

managamy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:Why are you worried about receiving it during a meeting? Surely your co-workers would understand something of the magnitude of an HYS acceptance. You'd be the most popular guy in the office for a while.

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not...


I wasn't being facetious. My general popularity distinctly went up a few notches after receiving acceptances. Nobody minded when I got the UCLA call in the middle of class, after I explained it. I imagine that a Stanford call would be even more acceptable.


Seriously? This is easily one of the strangest posts I've seen. Most of the world has absolutely no interest in SLS or any of our acceptances. Have you considered taking a couple years off to get some perspective on all of this?

User avatar
WhiskeyGuy
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:19 pm

socdep wrote:Have all acceptances to date been phone calls?


I think the vast majority of acceptances (and maybe even all of them) are via phone.

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby democrattotheend » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:11 pm

BenJ wrote:
kumba84 wrote:
nattybro wrote:
rolark wrote:Hey, friends. Like many of you, I'm experiencing a bit of strife with my Form B. I just received an e-mail saying that they haven't received it, even though my dean told me it had been sent out in early December. Does anyone have information on how negatively a mid-January completion will affect my application? Also, for those who received the "incomplete" e-mail in the past, how should I expect the turn around to be after my Dean actually gets it out?


Same boat. Not too pleased with my undergrad right now. Does anyone know if Form B can be faxed in, or does it need to be mailed?



It needs to be mailed. I called in November to ask whether it could be faxed, and they said that I could fax/email it to my UG, but the UG needs to mail it to them.


Not quite true. I just had an e-mail correspondence with them the other day. They will consider your file complete as soon as they get a faxed version of the Form B, but they need the original copy of Form B eventually. So your UG can fax them a copy to get your application to complete, then mail the original, which they'll get about a week later.


Ooh, that's a great tip. Do you know the number they are supposed to fax it to? I could not find that information on the web site.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dala77, Google Adsense [Bot], oliviaj_j and 3 guests