Stanford 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6384
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby 5ky » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Waitlisted today even though I withdrew back in February. So I can't say I'm too disappointed.

pleasepickme
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:58 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby pleasepickme » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:59 pm

Sakura3210 wrote:I could probably call...what exactly would I be asking?


Well, I'm (personally) mostly curious as to whether they still have people under review or if they've made all their decisions.

So far when people have been calling in, they usually ask about their own personal status and find out 1) When a batch of decisions were mailed or that they were in a batch we already know about or 2) That they are still under review and thus, there are still people who are still under review.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby tintin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Core wrote:
pleasepickme wrote:Someone please call or go by and figure out what's up! I'm saving my final call for tomorrow, when my scholly deadline actually is so I can sound particularly desperate for a decision.

I'd call again, but I'm almost to the point where they'll recognize me based on my (very sexy) voice lol.

+1

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby tintin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:10 pm

pleasepickme wrote:
Sakura3210 wrote:I could probably call...what exactly would I be asking?


Well, I'm (personally) mostly curious as to whether they still have people under review or if they've made all their decisions.

So far when people have been calling in, they usually ask about their own personal status and find out 1) When a batch of decisions were mailed or that they were in a batch we already know about or 2) That they are still under review and thus, there are still people who are still under review.


yessssss someone plz call and ask!!!!

hesitantstyle
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby hesitantstyle » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Yet another day of silence. I have to take this as good news?

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby tintin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:17 pm

5ky wrote:Waitlisted today even though I withdrew back in February. So I can't say I'm too disappointed.


did you get a letter? that is very strange....hahah

User avatar
Sakura3210
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:29 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Sakura3210 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:18 pm

...all I got was an answering machine :?

nawktasy
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby nawktasy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:19 pm

Yet another day of silence. I have to take this as good news?


I hope so: I'd like to think the chances of acceptance at this point are higher than normal, but who knows? It is what it is, and I'm just going to try to be patient. Way easier said than done. :D

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby opus127 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:26 pm

nawktasy wrote:
Yet another day of silence. I have to take this as good news?


I hope so: I'd like to think the chances of acceptance at this point are higher than normal, but who knows? It is what it is, and I'm just going to try to be patient. Way easier said than done. :D


I don't know, but to me it feels sort of like being under FR at Berkeley. Those who are left are strong enough candidates to have made it through a lot of cuts, but there aren't nearly enough spots for everyone.

Well, I'm not holding my breath, but the longer I wait the more I wonder why in the world I haven't been rejected yet.

runnerman
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby runnerman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:30 pm

tintin wrote:
pleasepickme wrote:
Sakura3210 wrote:I could probably call...what exactly would I be asking?


Well, I'm (personally) mostly curious as to whether they still have people under review or if they've made all their decisions.

So far when people have been calling in, they usually ask about their own personal status and find out 1) When a batch of decisions were mailed or that they were in a batch we already know about or 2) That they are still under review and thus, there are still people who are still under review.


yessssss someone plz call and ask!!!!


They don't frown on calling for updates? I'd be happy to call but want to make sure the answer to "what is the status of my application" isn't "oh so you want an answer now, do you? ok well we can arrange that, we'll get your rejection in the mail asap"...

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby tintin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:35 pm

runnerman wrote:
They don't frown on calling for updates? I'd be happy to call but want to make sure the answer to "what is the status of my application" isn't "oh so you want an answer now, do you? ok well we can arrange that, we'll get your rejection in the mail asap"...


they have always been happy to look up my status for me, and i think they realize people are getting antsy about it. I wouldn't worry if you haven't called recently.

User avatar
dudester
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby dudester » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:38 pm

runnerman wrote:
tintin wrote:
pleasepickme wrote:
Sakura3210 wrote:I could probably call...what exactly would I be asking?


Well, I'm (personally) mostly curious as to whether they still have people under review or if they've made all their decisions.

So far when people have been calling in, they usually ask about their own personal status and find out 1) When a batch of decisions were mailed or that they were in a batch we already know about or 2) That they are still under review and thus, there are still people who are still under review.


yessssss someone plz call and ask!!!!


They don't frown on calling for updates? I'd be happy to call but want to make sure the answer to "what is the status of my application" isn't "oh so you want an answer now, do you? ok well we can arrange that, we'll get your rejection in the mail asap"...


You'd hear that from Yale, not STTTanford.

User avatar
mochafury
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby mochafury » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:39 pm

eas331 wrote:
nawktasy wrote:
Yet another day of silence. I have to take this as good news?


I hope so: I'd like to think the chances of acceptance at this point are higher than normal, but who knows? It is what it is, and I'm just going to try to be patient. Way easier said than done. :D


I don't know, but to me it feels sort of like being under FR at Berkeley. Those who are left are strong enough candidates to have made it through a lot of cuts, but there aren't nearly enough spots for everyone.

Well, I'm not holding my breath, but the longer I wait the more I wonder why in the world I haven't been rejected yet.


+pi

pleasepickme
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:58 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby pleasepickme » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:41 pm

dudester wrote:
runnerman wrote:
pleasepickme wrote:
Sakura3210 wrote:I could probably call...what exactly would I be asking?


Well, I'm (personally) mostly curious as to whether they still have people under review or if they've made all their decisions.

So far when people have been calling in, they usually ask about their own personal status and find out 1) When a batch of decisions were mailed or that they were in a batch we already know about or 2) That they are still under review and thus, there are still people who are still under review.



They don't frown on calling for updates? I'd be happy to call but want to make sure the answer to "what is the status of my application" isn't "oh so you want an answer now, do you? ok well we can arrange that, we'll get your rejection in the mail asap"...[/quote

You'd hear that from Yale, not STTTanford.


Both schools, actually, were really nice to me when I asked.

Illijah
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Illijah » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:45 pm

yes very reminiscent of Berkeley holocaust style faculty review

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby tintin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:49 pm

so..............has anyone UR called today?

runnerman
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby runnerman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:50 pm

tintin wrote:so..............has anyone UR called today?


they're at lunch. will try again shortly

nawktasy
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby nawktasy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Sakura3210 wrote:...all I got was an answering machine :?


Thanks for trying anyway, Sakura. :D I am sending positive vibes on behalf of us all to Palo Alto. Pipe dream: they get tired of trying to decide amongst us, and just decide to admit us all.

User avatar
Sakura3210
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:29 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Sakura3210 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:56 pm

nawktasy wrote:Thanks for trying anyway, Sakura.


No problem :) and...

nawktasy wrote:Pipe dream: they get tired of trying to decide amongst us, and just decide to admit us all.


TITCR. :D
Last edited by Sakura3210 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pleasepickme
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:58 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby pleasepickme » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:56 pm

nawktasy wrote:
Sakura3210 wrote:...all I got was an answering machine :?


Thanks for trying anyway, Sakura. :D I am sending positive vibes on behalf of us all to Palo Alto. Pipe dream: they get tired of trying to decide amongst us, and just decide to admit us all.



I feel like I would do this, and that is why no admissions committee will ever let me work on it.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby tintin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:57 pm

nawktasy wrote:
Sakura3210 wrote:...all I got was an answering machine :?


Thanks for trying anyway, Sakura. :D I am sending positive vibes on behalf of us all to Palo Alto. Pipe dream: they get tired of trying to decide amongst us, and just decide to admit us all.


yes! I am a huge believer in positive thinking.... :mrgreen: sending good vibes out too

Illijah
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Illijah » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Whats wrong with a little transparency.....just tell us if you've accepted 50, 75, 99% of your class.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby tintin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:03 pm

how many of us here are still UR? 3-4?

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Amelie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:04 pm

tintin wrote:how many of us here are still UR? 3-4?


I'm thinking I still am too, but haven't called

Illijah
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Illijah » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Amelie wrote:
tintin wrote:how many of us here are still UR? 3-4?


I'm thinking I still am too, but haven't called


CALLLL




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PDX4343, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests