Stanford 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tintin

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby tintin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:54 pm

didnt someone who spoke to dean deal yesterday say she still had more acceptances on the way?

Illijah

Postby Illijah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Yea there could be more notifications of acceptances but no more decisions being made. I also heard from the SLS Dean that the admissions cycle is complete for this year....but thats hush info....

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:01 pm

well, why would they wait on calling people, if they already know? if all the decisions have been made, i think the rest of us waiting folks are WLs or rejections.

tintin

Postby tintin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:01 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:well, why would they wait on calling people, if they already know? if all the decisions have been made, i think the rest of us waiting folks are WLs or rejections.

yeah that would make the most sense. booooo!

edit: has anyone who is still UR called today to ask their status?

Illijah

Postby Illijah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:03 pm

Yea it doesn't make any sense....they already sent out a wave of rejections/wait lists....but if they're done why not let the rest of us know as well....

no ones updated an acceptance today right?

pleasepickme

Postby pleasepickme » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:03 pm

tintin wrote:didnt someone who spoke to dean deal yesterday say she still had more acceptances on the way?

yeah. I'm on my phone, so I don't want to go find the quote, but someone definitely said thy dean deal told him/her they still ha a few more offers to give out this week. CardinalRules maybe?

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:04 pm

I'm still pulling for (and think there will be) some acceptances from this group. Just in time to book a last minute ticket out to ASW.

Good luck y'all!

Illijah

Postby Illijah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:06 pm

Someone just updated that they called Stanford today and was informed that a decision had been mailed....

So I wonder if when they says were under review, we really aren't, the decision just hasn't been mailed yet.

EijiMiyake

Postby EijiMiyake » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:06 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:
EijiMiyake wrote:
Illijah wrote:So are people expecting phone calls today?

I think if they have any chance of wrapping up the cycle by friday they're going to have to call a little more than usual....atleast hopefully.

FWIW, the waitlist letter said that they were done accepting people. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are done notifying people of acceptances though, so good luck yall.

Can you post the original writing from the letter?

I'm at work and can post later today. It was pretty unambiguous, though.

tintin

Postby tintin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:07 pm

damn, i really want to call...but i called yesterday and monday........

amandap

Postby amandap » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:10 pm

EijiMiyake wrote:

I think if they have any chance of wrapping up the cycle by friday they're going to have to call a little more than usual....atleast hopefully.

FWIW, the waitlist letter said that they were done accepting people. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are done notifying people of acceptances though, so good luck yall.

I just got off the phone with the admissions office and they said that WL, rejections and Acceptances are still being made currently.

tintin

Postby tintin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:13 pm

amandap wrote:
EijiMiyake wrote:

I just got off the phone with the admissions office and they said that WL, rejections and Acceptances are still being made currently.

oh noes, conflicting information!!!!!!!!

:lol:

adameus

Postby adameus » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:14 pm

amandap wrote:
EijiMiyake wrote:

there is hope!!!!

Illijah

Postby Illijah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Stanford doesn't do waves of rejections/WL's do they? Do they leak them as they decide?

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:21 pm

They do waves, just small ones. They had a wave of rejections mailed out on 4/9, and another on 4/12 it seems.

Illijah

Postby Illijah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:27 pm

wow the rejection waves are close together. I used to think if I missed one I could check my mail for the next few days without fear....guess not

tintin

Postby tintin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Illijah wrote:wow the rejection waves are close together. I used to think if I missed one I could check my mail for the next few days without fear....guess not

i think the 9th was rejections, the 12 waitlists

Illijah

Postby Illijah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:28 pm

tintin wrote:
Illijah wrote:wow the rejection waves are close together. I used to think if I missed one I could check my mail for the next few days without fear....guess not

and only a few phone calls sprinkled in huh?

tintin

Postby tintin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:31 pm

Illijah wrote:
tintin wrote:

i dont remember any phonecalls?

Illijah

Postby Illijah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:34 pm

tintin wrote:
Illijah wrote:
tintin wrote:

i dont remember any phonecalls?

really....no one was accepted this week?

edit: I found one person on LSN an April 9th acceptance.

virginiagirl55

Postby virginiagirl55 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:38 pm

so this is obviously really late in the game, but i'm just now realizing that i never got a complete email from stanford--i got an incomplete email asking for another rec, but two were sent soon after that... am i right to assume that my application somehow got lost along the way and i will NEVER hear anything from stanford, or are they just really spotty with communication (as i have heard they are, which is why this didn't really alarm me until now...)? i emailed once asking if my file had gone complete, but never received any reply...

Illijah

Postby Illijah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:39 pm

virginiagirl55 wrote:so this is obviously really late in the game, but i'm just now realizing that i never got a complete email from stanford--i got an incomplete email asking for another rec, but two were sent soon after that... am i right to assume that my application somehow got lost along the way and i will NEVER hear anything from stanford, or are they just really spotty with communication (as i have heard they are, which is why this didn't really alarm me until now...)? i emailed once asking if my file had gone complete, but never received any reply...

You should call....they didn't lose it

yourdadcalled

Postby yourdadcalled » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:46 pm

04/12/2010 waitlist

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:56 pm

pleasepickme wrote:
tintin wrote:didnt someone who spoke to dean deal yesterday say she still had more acceptances on the way?

yeah. I'm on my phone, so I don't want to go find the quote, but someone definitely said thy dean deal told him/her they still ha a few more offers to give out this week. CardinalRules maybe?

Yes, she told me yesterday that she had "a few more offers" to make. It sounded as though they might be released after she had finished with the stack of WLs / denials on which she was working.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Illijah wrote:
virginiagirl55 wrote:so this is obviously really late in the game, but i'm just now realizing that i never got a complete email from stanford--i got an incomplete email asking for another rec, but two were sent soon after that... am i right to assume that my application somehow got lost along the way and i will NEVER hear anything from stanford, or are they just really spotty with communication (as i have heard they are, which is why this didn't really alarm me until now...)? i emailed once asking if my file had gone complete, but never received any reply...

You should call....they didn't lose it

+1. They are fairly irregular with communication, so it's probably fine. Several of us didn't receive a notification of completion until we asked, even during the early stages of the cycle when they would have been less busy.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”