Stanford 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby violaboy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Dinged today. Peace out, kids.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby tintin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:36 pm

omg this thread got crazy with rejections since i last went on. pretty sure i will have one waiting for me when i get home. now i want to skip my post-work workout to see....

anyone in so cal get a letter??

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Core » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:38 pm

violaboy wrote:Dinged today. Peace out, kids.

Sorry :(.
Those of you who recently got rejected, where are you located?

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby violaboy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Core wrote:
violaboy wrote:Dinged today. Peace out, kids.

Sorry :(.
Those of you who recently got rejected, where are you located?


Mountain West.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby tintin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:49 pm

no waitlists yet? how does stanford notify people of waitlists?

surprised no one seems to be waitlisted yet......

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby crackberry » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:59 pm

tintin wrote:no waitlists yet? how does stanford notify people of waitlists?

surprised no one seems to be waitlisted yet......

I thought there was at least one - didn't Dutchstriker get WLed?

Yeah, there are four on LSN. Interestingly, three of the four have 180s.

Also, there isn't a single non-URM acceptance on LSN with under a 3.8. Crazy.

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby BenJ » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:06 pm

crackberry wrote:
tintin wrote:no waitlists yet? how does stanford notify people of waitlists?

surprised no one seems to be waitlisted yet......

I thought there was at least one - didn't Dutchstriker get WLed?

Yeah, there are four on LSN. Interestingly, three of the four have 180s.

Also, there isn't a single non-URM acceptance on LSN with under a 3.8. Crazy.


And depressing. Looking at past years, they never accept any non-URMs with GPAs below 3.8 unless the person is some sort of hard-science, math or engineering major. Which basically rules me out.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby tintin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:30 pm

crackberry wrote:
tintin wrote:no waitlists yet? how does stanford notify people of waitlists?

surprised no one seems to be waitlisted yet......

I thought there was at least one - didn't Dutchstriker get WLed?

Yeah, there are four on LSN. Interestingly, three of the four have 180s.

Also, there isn't a single non-URM acceptance on LSN with under a 3.8. Crazy.


wow they waitlist 180s???? scary.

no letter for me here in CA, but i did get a $600 tax return from the gov.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Glad to see that this thread has reached page 100! :D

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby existenz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:11 pm

hermione0901 wrote:
existenz wrote:Checked my mail. Ding postmarked 4/9.


Boo! Sorry. Location?

Southern California.

I'd love to say something snarky about how Stanford must suck since they rejected me, but I think they're great. I may even try to transfer there if I can keep my grades up, we shall see.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:14 pm

existenz wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:
existenz wrote:Checked my mail. Ding postmarked 4/9.


Boo! Sorry. Location?

Southern California.

I'd love to say something snarky about how Stanford must suck since they rejected me, but I think they're great. I may even try to transfer there if I can keep my grades up, we shall see.


Ass kissing at this point wont help you transfer. Go ahead let it rip: they suck! :twisted:

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby existenz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Ass kissing at this point wont help you transfer. Go ahead let it rip: they suck! :twisted:

It would feel disingenuous to me. On TLS you see too many people who completely flip their opinion of a school based on whether the school accepted them or not. UC Palo Alto was my top pick so I'm pretty bummed, but it's not like they're suddenly a TTT.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:32 pm

existenz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Ass kissing at this point wont help you transfer. Go ahead let it rip: they suck! :twisted:

It would feel disingenuous to me. On TLS you see too many people who completely flip their opinion of a school based on whether the school accepted them or not. UC Palo Alto was my top pick so I'm pretty bummed, but it's not like they're suddenly a TTT.


Those are all relative perceptions of reality, so it could very easily flip on the spectrum like that. This post proves that you might not be as petty as the rest of us (me) though :lol:

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby existenz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:32 pm

crackberry wrote:Also, there isn't a single non-URM acceptance on LSN with under a 3.8. Crazy.

Actually, there is one:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/carolineb

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby crackberry » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:44 pm

existenz wrote:
crackberry wrote:Also, there isn't a single non-URM acceptance on LSN with under a 3.8. Crazy.

Actually, there is one:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/carolineb

Wow, her green dot must be buried under a sea of red on the LSN graph.

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby nixxers » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:11 am

Whew! Haven't checked my mail since Thursday so I don't know what's awaitin' me, if anything..but I emailed the SLS admissions office earlier basically saying "hi i want to withdraw, if a negative decision has been rendered plz disregard this email, if a waitlist offer has been extended i don't intend to stay on, kthxbai!!"

It's been a fun ride guys. One that has lasted 5.5 months! And one that for me is finally over.

See some of you at HLS I hope ^_^

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby crackberry » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:14 am

nixxers wrote:Whew! Haven't checked my mail since Thursday so I don't know what's awaitin' me, if anything..but I emailed the SLS admissions office earlier basically saying "hi i want to withdraw, if a negative decision has been rendered plz disregard this email, if a waitlist offer has been extended i don't intend to stay on, kthxbai!!"

It's been a fun ride guys. One that has lasted 5.5 months! And one that for me is finally over.

See some of you at HLS I hope ^_^

Hmm, damn nixxers, I sorta wanted to go to school with you. Anyway, good luck in Cambridge.

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby nixxers » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:15 am

crackberry wrote:
nixxers wrote:Whew! Haven't checked my mail since Thursday so I don't know what's awaitin' me, if anything..but I emailed the SLS admissions office earlier basically saying "hi i want to withdraw, if a negative decision has been rendered plz disregard this email, if a waitlist offer has been extended i don't intend to stay on, kthxbai!!"

It's been a fun ride guys. One that has lasted 5.5 months! And one that for me is finally over.

See some of you at HLS I hope ^_^

Hmm, damn nixxers, I sorta wanted to go to school with you. Anyway, good luck in Cambridge.



Aww crackberry ::sneefles:: we can still be frenz. :) I'd go to both if I could :P heck and michigan too!

runnerman
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby runnerman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:37 am

Cali167 wrote:
Illijah wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:On the Stanford blog, Dean Deal states that decisions should be finalized this week.

http://blogs.law.stanford.edu/admissions/


Did anyone else find this very disheartening?


Yes. For some reason it sounded like she was saying "Well it's going to be tough sending out all those rejection/WL letters this week. Thank God it's all over..phew"



I remain optimistic and hopeful that, even if rejections may be forthcoming, I might be in the category of "candidates whose files I’ve been holding on to just trying to see if I can fit them in."

Please please please let me fit, or at least keep holding on and trying!

Illijah
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Illijah » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:40 am

runnerman wrote:
Cali167 wrote:
Illijah wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:On the Stanford blog, Dean Deal states that decisions should be finalized this week.

http://blogs.law.stanford.edu/admissions/


Did anyone else find this very disheartening?


Yes. For some reason it sounded like she was saying "Well it's going to be tough sending out all those rejection/WL letters this week. Thank God it's all over..phew"



I remain optimistic and hopeful that, even if rejections may be forthcoming, I might be in the category of "candidates whose files I’ve been holding on to just trying to see if I can fit them in."

Please please please let me fit, or at least keep holding on and trying!


I think EVERYONE thought she was talking to them when they read that lol

User avatar
Chichaca
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Chichaca » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:17 am

I got a rejection yesterday in Boston. Was hoping for a wait list. :(
3.87/176

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Kretzy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:41 pm

violaboy wrote:Dinged today. Peace out, kids.


Damn. Sorry buddy.

User avatar
Sakura3210
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:29 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Sakura3210 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:42 pm

Chichaca wrote:I got a rejection yesterday in Boston. Was hoping for a wait list. :(
3.87/176

*peeps head out* Is it over then? Seeing as Chichaca on the east coast, it would mean that another wave of rejections is over for now, yes?

And sorry Chichaca, violaboy and everyone else :(

nawktasy
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby nawktasy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:44 pm

I didn't get anything today, and I'm on the East Coast as well, so I'm guessing that round's over. I suppose there's just one more round...eek. Good luck to everyone.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:40 pm

I just spoke with Faye today, and she said that she is definitely going to make "a few more offers" this week. So stay positive!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, curry1, govlife, hammy393, jer0689, laurlaur2112, lawschoolapp1987, smashbash, Thomas Hagan, ESQ., tinafeyclone and 33 guests