Stanford 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
johnstuartmill
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:53 pm

Re: Cal State Palo Alto 2010!!!

Postby johnstuartmill » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:08 pm

No. I'm saying he inhabits a similar cultural milieu to that of a stereotypical Stanford Law student.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cal State Palo Alto 2010!!!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:30 pm

johnstuartmill wrote:No. I'm saying he inhabits a similar cultural milieu to that of a stereotypical Cal State Palo Alto Law student.


Oh, I get it now. Stanford students are socialists, right?

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Cal State Palo Alto 2010!!!

Postby BenJ » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
johnstuartmill wrote:No. I'm saying he inhabits a similar cultural milieu to that of a stereotypical Cal State Palo Alto Law student.


Oh, I get it now. Cal State Palo Alto students are socialists, right?


They attend a state-run school, don't they? (This joke won't make any sense once April Fools is over :|)

mh7777
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Re: Cal State Palo Alto 2010!!!

Postby mh7777 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Got my letter in the mail today. I'm in Texas. Applied in Dec and sent a LOCI last month.

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Cal State Palo Alto 2010!!!

Postby hiromoto45 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:07 pm

mh7777 wrote:Got my letter in the mail today. I'm in Texas. Applied in Dec and sent a LOCI last month.

Are you in or rejected?

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Cal State Palo Alto 2010!!!

Postby adameus » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:16 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:
mh7777 wrote:Got my letter in the mail today. I'm in Texas. Applied in Dec and sent a LOCI last month.

Are you in or rejected?



I think a letter is only sent for rejections.

User avatar
WhiskeyGuy
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Cal State Palo Alto 2010!!!

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:17 pm

adameus wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:
mh7777 wrote:Got my letter in the mail today. I'm in Texas. Applied in Dec and sent a LOCI last month.

Are you in or rejected?



I think a letter is only sent for rejections.


And I think he/she would be more excited if they got in.

Sorry, mh.

User avatar
uopsu
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Cal State Palo Alto 2010!!!

Postby uopsu » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:38 pm

////
Last edited by uopsu on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
johnstuartmill
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:53 pm

Re: Cal State Palo Alto 2010!!!

Postby johnstuartmill » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:24 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
johnstuartmill wrote:No. I'm saying he inhabits a similar cultural milieu to that of a stereotypical Cal State Palo Alto Law student.


Oh, I get it now. Cal State Palo Alto students are socialists, right?

They eat babies, too. But only, of course, if they're sustainably harvested.

southernlaw
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby southernlaw » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:13 am

Looks like there was an acceptance email sent today....(lsn)

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:33 am

I knew that LOCI would have been a waste of time. Got my letter today...received a big fat REEJ from Faye Deal. Not the good kind, either. :wink:

lovepink2
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby lovepink2 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:35 am

Tangerine Gleam wrote:I knew that LOCI would have been a waste of time. Got my letter today...received a big fat REEJ from Faye Deal. Not the good kind, either. :wink:


What day was it postmarked?

P.s: sorry about the ding.

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby nixxers » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:38 am

Tangerine Gleam wrote:I knew that LOCI would have been a waste of time. Got my letter today...received a big fat REEJ from Faye Deal. Not the good kind, either. :wink:


Damn. Sorry TG.

Illijah
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Illijah » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:39 am

Tangerine Gleam wrote:I knew that LOCI would have been a waste of time. Got my letter today...received a big fat REEJ from Faye Deal. Not the good kind, either. :wink:


sorry to hear that...

aussie3b
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby aussie3b » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:43 am

Almost passed out when I saw Stanfords FinAid offer. Has anyone had any experience comparing Stanford aid to Harvards? I'm still waiting on HLS but Stanford just started looking really good.

southernlaw
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby southernlaw » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:50 am

Tangerine Gleam wrote:I knew that LOCI would have been a waste of time. Got my letter today...received a big fat REEJ from Faye Deal. Not the good kind, either. :wink:



sorry....once again, dreading the afternoon trip to the mailbox....

was it postmarked 3/29?

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Kretzy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:51 am

aussie3b wrote:Almost passed out when I saw Stanfords FinAid offer. Has anyone had any experience comparing Stanford aid to Harvards? I'm still waiting on HLS but Stanford just started looking really good.


Don't worry, this is seemingly a common occurrence this year. A few of us flipped out (in a good way) when we saw offers.

A few folks got HLS to match Stanford's offer in years past, but I'm not an admit there, so I can't speak to that.

User avatar
skynet
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:40 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby skynet » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:56 am

Kretzy wrote:
aussie3b wrote:Almost passed out when I saw Stanfords FinAid offer. Has anyone had any experience comparing Stanford aid to Harvards? I'm still waiting on HLS but Stanford just started looking really good.


Don't worry, this is seemingly a common occurrence this year. A few of us flipped out (in a good way) when we saw offers.

A few folks got HLS to match Stanford's offer in years past, but I'm not an admit there, so I can't speak to that.

S offered me 10k more in grants than H. Be careful how you do the math though: SLS allocates a larger student budget, so the debt difference is 6k. Considering the higher COL in the bay area, it comes out about even in my case (with H possibly better since I may have to live in SF and commute).

aussie3b
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby aussie3b » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:59 am

skynet wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
aussie3b wrote:Almost passed out when I saw Stanfords FinAid offer. Has anyone had any experience comparing Stanford aid to Harvards? I'm still waiting on HLS but Stanford just started looking really good.


Don't worry, this is seemingly a common occurrence this year. A few of us flipped out (in a good way) when we saw offers.

A few folks got HLS to match Stanford's offer in years past, but I'm not an admit there, so I can't speak to that.

S offered me 10k more in grants than H. Be careful how you do the math though: SLS allocates a larger student budget, so the debt difference is 6k. Considering the higher COL in the bay area, it comes out about even in my case (with H possibly better since I may have to live in SF and commute).


Very helpful posts. Thx.

ProudFather
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby ProudFather » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:03 am

southernlaw wrote:Looks like there was an acceptance email sent today....(lsn)

Considering that profile says it was last updated at about 4 am Palo Alto time, I'm guessing they didn't receive a call from Faye Deal today.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby tintin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:07 am

ProudFather wrote:
southernlaw wrote:Looks like there was an acceptance email sent today....(lsn)

Considering that profile says it was last updated at about 4 am Palo Alto time, I'm guessing they didn't receive a call from Faye Deal today.


for real? did they do emails at all last year?

no rejection letter yet here....

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Kretzy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:08 am

tintin wrote:
ProudFather wrote:
southernlaw wrote:Looks like there was an acceptance email sent today....(lsn)

Considering that profile says it was last updated at about 4 am Palo Alto time, I'm guessing they didn't receive a call from Faye Deal today.


for real? did they do emails at all last year?

no rejection letter yet here....


I think I remember Legends posting that he got his acceptance via email rather than call, in mid to late April (literally 48 hours before ASW). That could be my faulty memory, though, so I'm not sure.

Pulling for you Tintin :D

User avatar
WhiskeyGuy
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:13 am

ProudFather wrote:
southernlaw wrote:Looks like there was an acceptance email sent today....(lsn)

Considering that profile says it was last updated at about 4 am Palo Alto time, I'm guessing they didn't receive a call from Faye Deal today.


Good call. I bet the person was admitted earlier and updated the decision today to reflect their acceptance at SLS.

southernlaw
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby southernlaw » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:21 am

WhiskeyGuy wrote:
ProudFather wrote:
southernlaw wrote:Looks like there was an acceptance email sent today....(lsn)

Considering that profile says it was last updated at about 4 am Palo Alto time, I'm guessing they didn't receive a call from Faye Deal today.


Good call. I bet the person was admitted earlier and updated the decision today to reflect their acceptance at SLS.



come on SLS...you know you want make offers :-)

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby tintin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:01 pm

when i was visiting schools this past week, at least half of the people I talked to were still waiting on stanford.

srsly, why so slow, i just want to KNOW!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, KatCoco, nslaw123 and 19 guests