Stanford 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Rocco Siffredi

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby Rocco Siffredi » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:53 pm

adameus wrote:Any idea if they rank the waitlist and will give you any indication of where you stand on it?

Oh totally, law schools are all about transparency in the admissions process. They also give you feedback on why you didn't get admitted and let you know what you might want to do next time around if you decide to reapply. HTH

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:01 pm

adameus wrote:Any idea if they rank the waitlist and will give you any indication of where you stand on it?

All indications I've gotten from folks who were waitlisted in years past is that the WL is not ranked, and is more a mechanism for "evening out the class" than anything. It does seem SLS takes a higher number of folks from the WL than other top 6 schools.

WhiskeyGuy

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:05 pm

It seems most schools do this. If you can get your hands on the Montauk law school book or the the Ivey guide, you might find a quote from Faye about how they proceed with waitlists. I read both awhile back, and there were many direct quotes from law school admissions deans on all sorts of issues, including waitlists.

WhiskeyGuy

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:07 pm

Kretzy--congrats on making it official!

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:13 pm

WhiskeyGuy wrote:Kretzy--congrats on making it official!

Just noticed the "A" on LSN. Can you confirm?

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:08 pm

Rocco Siffredi wrote:

Oh totally, law schools are all about transparency in the admissions process. They also give you feedback on why you didn't get admitted and let you know what you might want to do next time around if you decide to reapply. HTH

Protip: you're no Peter North, bro.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:36 pm

crackberry wrote:

Thanks y'all. Though I'm technically still visiting Chicago (since I bought my ticket 2 months ago), I have officially chosen SLS.

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:37 pm

Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Thanks y'all. Though I'm technically still visiting Chicago (since I bought my ticket 2 months ago), I have officially chosen SLS.

since it's a leisure trip, make sure not to spend all your time in hyde park or the touristy parts of downtown.

Rocco Siffredi

Postby Rocco Siffredi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:22 am

Kronk wrote:
Rocco Siffredi wrote:

Protip: you're no Peter North, bro.

Very true. Peter's works pale in comparison to mine.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:56 am

Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Wow, how exciting for you! I think that SLS will be a great match for your interests and personality. :D

BioEBear2010

Re: Cal State Palo Alto 2010!!!

Postby BioEBear2010 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:03 am

I'll visiting CSU-Palo Alto on Friday. Any suggestions for lunch? Is Tresidder the place to go?

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:07 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:I'll visiting CSU-Palo Alto on Friday. Any suggestions for lunch? Is Tresidder the place to go?

Yeah, I personally find the Treehouse to be quite respectable for a hamburger/mexican/pizza place.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:08 am

ConMan345 wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:I'll visiting CSU-Palo Alto on Friday. Any suggestions for lunch? Is Tresidder the place to go?

Yeah, I personally find the Treehouse to be quite respectable for a hamburger/mexican/pizza place.

They have a mean barbecue bacon cheeseburger. Perfect for passover :)

Rock of Love

Postby Rock of Love » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:10 am

Rocco Siffredi wrote:

False. Some schools might be transparent, but others are not at all. I am a 2nd time around applicant (had an opportunity arise that I couldn't pass up after undergrad) and I asked for feedback from several schools - including H and S and they politely declined, stating that the process was too complicated and they couldn't give me a direct reason. Hope this helps more.

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:11 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:

They have a mean barbecue bacon cheeseburger. Perfect for passover :)

Haha, the Cardinal Burger, I believe---my favorite. And besides, passover = shorter lines!

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:15 am

Rock of Love wrote:
Rocco Siffredi wrote:

False. Some schools might be transparent, but others are not at all. I am a 2nd time around applicant (had an opportunity arise that I couldn't pass up after undergrad) and I asked for feedback from several schools - including H and S and they politely declined, stating that the process was too complicated and they couldn't give me a direct reason. Hope this helps more.

Not to be a dick, but let me put this in a form of an RC question.

Mr. Siffredi's tone is best described as:
a) ambivalent
b) vociferous
c) sincere
d) compassionate
e) sarcastic

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:18 am

ConMan345 wrote:

Eh, I disagree. Bytes Cafe is the best food on campus. It's also where BioE would feel most at home, surrounded by engineering nerds.

If you don't want to go all the way to Bytes (it's not close to SLS), the new cafe in Munger (which you should definitely check out) is really good.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:19 am

crackberry wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:

Eh, I disagree. Bytes Cafe is the best food on campus. It's also where BioE would feel most at home, surrounded by engineering nerds.

If you don't want to go all the way to Bytes (it's not close to SLS), the new cafe in Munger (which you should definitely check out) is really good.

Oh nice, thanks for the heads up Crack. Munger is pretty freaking awesome.

ChildPlease

Postby ChildPlease » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:09 am

invisiblesun wrote:
Rock of Love wrote:
Rocco Siffredi wrote:

a) ambivalent
b) vociferous
c) sincere
d) compassionate
e) sarcastic

win

JohnnyTrojan08

Postby JohnnyTrojan08 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:09 am

Just sent in my LOCI and updated resume as an e-mail. Anyone else do so recently, and what--if anything--was the response?

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:18 am

JohnnyTrojan08 wrote:Just sent in my LOCI and updated resume as an e-mail. Anyone else do so recently, and what--if anything--was the response?

"Thank you for the update, the materials have been added to your file."

southernlaw

Postby southernlaw » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:54 am

I sent in an additional LOR, and they just reminded me to send it through the LSAC service in order for it to be considered for review.

Hopefully that means I'm still under review, and won't find a letter in my mail today...

theadw

Postby theadw » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:31 pm

The poorly-named Cool Cafe at Cantor was good.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:34 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
Rock of Love wrote:
Rocco Siffredi wrote:

a) ambivalent
b) vociferous
c) sincere
d) compassionate
e) sarcastic

Subtle anti-Rocco and Peter North trolling?

ndnlawdc

Postby ndnlawdc » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:24 pm

crackberry wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:

The new best place on campus is Cafe Russo, in Munger. The food is great, actually.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”