Stanford 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:18 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
JohnnyTrojan08 wrote:Writing post to appear to "assume acceptance" FTW. :oops:

But what I meant was that if I get rejected, then I can compare Harvard with nothing. And then it looks pretty darn good. :wink:

And if I get accepted, then I can start actually comparing. As we Trojans can say frequently: a good problem to have.

Need I remind you what the Trojans' record is against the Cardinal the last three years?

The Trojans' record against unwanted pregnancies is pretty solid, though.

So much less important it hardly even merits mention. The Bears, on the other hand, have been owned by USC as of late, no?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:20 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
JohnnyTrojan08 wrote:Writing post to appear to "assume acceptance" FTW. :oops:

But what I meant was that if I get rejected, then I can compare Harvard with nothing. And then it looks pretty darn good. :wink:

And if I get accepted, then I can start actually comparing. As we Trojans can say frequently: a good problem to have.

Need I remind you what the Trojans' record is against the Cardinal the last three years?

The Trojans' record against unwanted pregnancies is pretty solid, though.

It's an impressive achievement, since the girls there are amazing. :)

Their record against hollowed-out horses could use some improvement.

JohnnyTrojan08

Postby JohnnyTrojan08 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:29 pm

I love how every time I try and post a serious topic/question, it turns into a brief discussion/bash of USC.

Crack = troll. Love ya anyway.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:30 pm

JohnnyTrojan08 wrote:I love how every time I try and post a serious topic/question, it turns into a brief discussion/bash of USC.

Haha, well to be fair, I do not try to hide the fact that I am a huge Stanford fan. I don't really think "troll" is the right word for what I am.

Anyway, I think you should definitely update SLS about your accomplishments.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:31 pm

JohnnyTrojan08 wrote:I love how every time I try and post a serious topic/question, it turns into a brief discussion/bash of USC.

I like USC (and Trojans) too, to be honest, so no worries. :wink: California schools FTW.

And do update them, of course.
Last edited by CardinalRules on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:31 pm

You just happened to run into the Bay Area wall of hate.

But I agree with Crack -- update them :D

JohnnyTrojan08

Postby JohnnyTrojan08 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:39 pm

I guess I'm so far removed from undergrad that I've forgotten the bitter partisanship of the Pac 10.

Then again, during my time at USC, we were repeat champs and never, EVER lost to Stanford. So it wasn't even a topic of conversation. It'd be a bigger deal if I'd had to deal with the losses (or from Crack's perspective, wins).

Is there any reason I should NOT include a LOCI, or are you merely suggesting it would be unneeded?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:41 pm

JohnnyTrojan08 wrote:I guess I'm so far removed from undergrad that I've forgotten the bitter partisanship of the Pac 10.

Then again, during my time at USC, we were repeat champs and never, EVER lost to Stanford. So it wasn't even a topic of conversation. It'd be a bigger deal if I'd had to deal with the losses (or from Crack's perspective, wins).

Is there any reason I should NOT include a LOCI, or are you merely suggesting it would be unneeded?

If you have meaningful updates to your file (which you do), it would be foolish not to update SLS with them.

JohnnyTrojan08

Postby JohnnyTrojan08 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:50 pm

crackberry wrote:If you have meaningful updates to your file (which you do), it would be foolish not to update SLS with them.

I think you misunderstand. My original question was whether I should send a LOCI WITH the resume update, and then CardinalRules suggested that I didn't need a LETTER because I've only been under review for less than a month. So I was wondering if a LOCI would be seen as a negative, since I'd be sending in an updated resume anyway.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:51 pm

JohnnyTrojan08 wrote:
crackberry wrote:If you have meaningful updates to your file (which you do), it would be foolish not to update SLS with them.

I think you misunderstand. My original question was whether I should send a LOCI WITH the resume update, and then CardinalRules suggested that I didn't need a LETTER because I've only been under review for less than a month. So I was wondering if a LOCI would be seen as a negative, since I'd be sending in an updated resume anyway.

I would send the LOCI anyway, especially if SLS is your top choice. It shows more interest in the school than a simple resume drop.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:55 pm

JohnnyTrojan08 wrote:

Ohh I see. I would use the resume drop as an excuse to reiterate your interest in the school with a LOCI.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:01 pm

JohnnyTrojan08 wrote:I guess I'm so far removed from undergrad that I've forgotten the bitter partisanship of the Pac 10.

I was just saying that it wasn't really necessary, but if you want to and have the time to devote the effort, there's nothing wrong with it. It's just that you shouldn't really be worried about your chances simply because you haven't heard from them by now.

WhiskeyGuy

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:17 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:
JohnnyTrojan08 wrote:

I would send the LOCI anyway, especially if SLS is your top choice. It shows more interest in the school than a simple resume drop.

Agreed. It sounds like you have not communicated to SLS that SLS is your top choice (or at least that you really want to attend). I'd do it right by sending a LOCI.

parker09

Postby parker09 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:26 am

"Dear Dean Deal" looks funny.

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:42 am

parker09 wrote:"Dear Dean Deal" looks funny.

I know. Awkward. She needs to change her name :lol:

parker09

Postby parker09 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:05 pm

Haven't heard anything since I went complete in like October, so sent a LOCI via email (in body and as pdf attachment) that would have been sitting in their inbox this morning; just got an email acknowledgment that they will add it to my file.

Now just... 1+ more months of waiting for the inevitable rejection, to bring the grand total up to 5+ months. Whee!

Sakura3210

Postby Sakura3210 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:54 pm

Ugh, I just got some feedback that my LOCI to Stanford was apparently not great. :cry: That can't negatively affect me, right? It just won't help too much? please let this be the case...
Last edited by Sakura3210 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herb Watchfell

Postby Herb Watchfell » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Sakura3210 wrote:Ugh, I just got some feedback that my LOCI to Stanford was apparently not great. :cry: That can't negatively affect me, right? It just won't help too much? please let this be the case...

Well, it depends.

Who gave you this "feedback"? A friend? A professor? Faye Deal?

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Herb Watchfell wrote:
Sakura3210 wrote:Ugh, I just got some feedback that my LOCI to Stanford was apparently not great. :cry: That can't negatively affect me, right? It just won't help too much? please let this be the case...

Well, it depends.

If the feedback was from the SLS admissions office I'd say it probably negatively affects you...

BenJ wrote:
parker09 wrote:"Dear Dean Deal" looks funny.

I know. Awkward. She needs to change her name :lol:

I wonder if there has ever been a dean whose last name was Dean...

Sakura3210

Postby Sakura3210 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Herb Watchfell wrote:

Well, it depends.

Pre-law advisor at my undergrad uni.

I wonder if there has ever been a dean whose last name was Dean...

Actually, I knew one - it was pretty weird.

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Sakura3210 wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:

Well, it depends.

Pre-law advisor at my undergrad uni.

Hard to say- some prelaw advisors give terrible advice. For example, one told me that once you got beyond a certain point on LSAT and GPA, it was all about softs, and told me not to retake my 171 since it was a 98th percentile score. (My GPA is a mid 3.8 so it's not like I was at a GPA point where a retake wouldn't have helped prospects much.)

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Sakura3210 wrote:Pre-law advisor at my undergrad uni.

I wouldn't worry too much. I sent my PS off to a pre-law advisor, and she thought it was terrible. I thought it was alright, so I sent it off anyway, with pretty positive results.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:08 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much. I sent my PS off to a pre-law advisor, and she thought it was terrible. I thought it was alright, so I sent it off anyway, with pretty positive results.

Understatement of the cycle.

Sakura3210

Postby Sakura3210 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Kronk wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:

No kidding. :D Thanks Bio, knowing how things panned out well for you makes me feel a lot better. :)

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:16 pm

Sakura3210 wrote:
Kronk wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:

No kidding. :D Thanks Bio, knowing how things panned out well for you makes me feel a lot better. :)

Haha, thanks guys. Seriously, though, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, now that it's out of your hands, there's really no point fretting over it!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”