Stanford 2010!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BenJ

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Postby BenJ » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:24 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
BenJ wrote:BioEBear, you said you e-mailed your LOCI, right? To which email address did you send it? The general admissions email?

Also, should I PDF the LOCI and attached it, or just send it in the body of the email?

Yeah, the general admissions e-mail (I think it's admissions@law.stanford.edu).

You can do either, but I just put it in the body.

Thanks. I figure I'll send my letter tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I really, really love Stanford.

WhiskeyGuy

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:11 pm

I think it would unwise to send a LOCI directly to Faye or another admissions staffer. SLS receives many updates such as LOCIs at the general admissions e-mail address, and likely has protocols to ensure that updates sent there a) do not become lost or forgotten and b) are quickly added to students' files. While sending a LOCI directly to Faye may get her initial attention, it may also run a higher risk of the LOCI not getting added to your file when you need it to. This is total speculation, but it doesn't seem unlikely; I'd play it safe.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 pm

BenJ wrote:Also, should I PDF the LOCI and attach it, or just send it in the body of the email?

Wow, BenJ, are you hand writing your LOCI? Now that is dedication.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:17 pm

crackberry wrote:
BenJ wrote:Also, should I PDF the LOCI and attach it, or just send it in the body of the email?

Dean Deal and Members of the Admission Committee;

I am writing to express my continued interest in Stanford Law School. Since my last update, as you can probably see, I have learned several forms of beautiful Chinese calligraphy. It's quite stunning, huh? I thought you might like it. It was all for you.

Smooches,
BenJ

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:34 pm

WhiskeyGuy wrote:I think it would unwise to send a LOCI directly to Faye or another admissions staffer. SLS receives many updates such as LOCIs at the general admissions e-mail address, and likely has protocols to ensure that updates sent there a) do not become lost or forgotten and b) are quickly added to students' files. While sending a LOCI directly to Faye may get her initial attention, it may also run a higher risk of the LOCI not getting added to your file when you need it to. This is total speculation, but it doesn't seem unlikely; I'd play it safe.

The debate wasn't over where he should physically send the letter but to whom he should address it (like in the body of the letter). I still feel it should read something along the lines of "Dear Dean Deal and Members of the Admissions Committee," rather than "Dear Members of the Admissions Committee" or "To Whom It May Concern" or some other alternative.

WhiskeyGuy

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:43 pm

crackberry wrote:
WhiskeyGuy wrote:I think it would unwise to send a LOCI directly to Faye or another admissions staffer. SLS receives many updates such as LOCIs at the general admissions e-mail address, and likely has protocols to ensure that updates sent there a) do not become lost or forgotten and b) are quickly added to students' files. While sending a LOCI directly to Faye may get her initial attention, it may also run a higher risk of the LOCI not getting added to your file when you need it to. This is total speculation, but it doesn't seem unlikely; I'd play it safe.

The debate wasn't over where he should physically send the letter but to whom he should address it (like in the body of the letter). I still feel it should read something along the lines of "Dear Dean Deal and Members of the Admissions Committee," rather than "Dear Members of the Admissions Committee" or "To Whom It May Concern" or some other alternative.

I was belatedly joining the conversation about which e-mail address they should use (one page back). I agree with you, though, that the letter should be addressed to Dean Deal and the Committee--don't let the other folks feel left out!

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:49 pm

BenJ - alternatively, I (or any admit) can give you Dean Deal's digits and you can call her directly. She probably won't think it's at all creepy or inappropriate.

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:21 am

Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:

I am writing to express my continued interest in Stanford Law School. Since my last update, as you can probably see, I have learned several forms of beautiful Chinese calligraphy. It's quite stunning, huh? I thought you might like it. It was all for you.

Smooches,
BenJ

I could actually do that with Egyptian hieroglyphs. I'm taking a class this semester. LOL.

bnr-wy ntk n ib-i, Stanford.

(How sweet you are in my heart, Stanford.)

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:26 am

BenJ wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Smooches,
BenJ

I could actually do that with Egyptian hieroglyphs. I'm taking a class this semester. LOL.

bnr-wy ntk n ib-i, Stanford.

(How sweet you are in my heart, Stanford.)

Wow. That's pretty amazing, actually. Just make Dean Deal know it's actual hieroglyphs, and not just you translating your Word document into Wingdings.

:)

clyde_barrow

Postby clyde_barrow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:43 am

Kretzy wrote:Just make Dean Deal know it's actual hieroglyphs, and not just you translating your Word document into Wingdings.

or she'll return a ding, also written in wingdings. ;)

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 am

I had a dream last night that, after sending in my LOCI, Stanford turned my app to ED and then dinged me a few hours later via status checker. Which makes no sense on multiple levels. I think I'm going crazy.

Anyway, not including any hieroglyphs but will actually be sending the LOCI after reading it over a few times.

clyde_barrow

Postby clyde_barrow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:32 am

BenJ wrote:I had a dream last night that, after sending in my LOCI, Stanford turned my app to ED and then dinged me a few hours later via status checker. Which makes no sense on multiple levels. I think I'm going crazy.

Anyway, not including any hieroglyphs but will actually be sending the LOCI after reading it over a few times.

i've had more than one admissions-related dream this cycle. none quite as funny/nonsensical as yours, though, but i still felt like i was going nuts.
best of luck w/ the LOCI. hope you get it!!

Core

Postby Core » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:42 am

Oh crap, it's Friday...

tintin

Postby tintin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:06 am

well mine is sent fwiw. now...more waiting! :roll:

Tangerine Gleam

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:18 am

When will the dinghammer smash me? Submitted in late October.

Core

Postby Core » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:20 am

Tangerine Gleam wrote:When will the dinghammer smash me? Submitted in [strike]late[/strike]mid October.

+1

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:21 am

Core wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:When will the dinghammer smash me? Submitted in [strike]late[/strike]mid October.

+1

I really just want an answer so I can make a final decision... I know it's probably a rejection, so I just hope it comes sooner than later

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:23 am

Amelie wrote:
Core wrote:

+1

I really just want an answer so I can make a final decision... I know it's probably a rejection, so I just hope it comes sooner than later

+1. This is the last school left that can pull me away so I want an answer so I can know for sure!

tintin

Postby tintin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:35 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Amelie wrote:
Core wrote:

+1

+1. This is the last school left that can pull me away so I want an answer so I can know for sure!

+1000000000000

WhiskeyGuy

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:41 am

FYI folks: friend just got the call. Faye is back on the horn today!

tintin

Postby tintin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:54 am

WhiskeyGuy wrote:FYI folks: friend just got the call. Faye is back on the horn today!

but since she only seems to do 1 call per day, the rest of us are probably out of luck

also, damn, she must wake up early. :lol:

edited: whiskey, do you know when your friend went complete?

theadw

Postby theadw » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:02 pm

I just got in. Yikes!

Numbers on LSN (I just got a 175 on the February test as well); I also have a unique commitment to SLS. PM for details.

WhiskeyGuy

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:03 pm

tintin wrote:
WhiskeyGuy wrote:FYI folks: friend just got the call. Faye is back on the horn today!

but since she only seems to do 1 call per day, the rest of us are probably out of luck

also, damn, she must wake up early. :lol:

Haha, yes. He got called around 7:30 PST. I think Faye called me even earlier.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:04 pm

theadw wrote:I just got in. Yikes!

Numbers on LSN (I just got a 175 on the February test as well); I also have a unique commitment to SLS. PM for details.

Congrats!

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:09 pm

theadw wrote:I just got in. Yikes!

Awesome, congratulations :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”