Stanford 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
The Dan

Bronze

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Post by The Dan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:01 pm

CanadianEH wrote:Is it even worth applying to stanford if I don't have targeted LOR's? Its too late in the game for me to get them.
They are not necessary for admission. They may give you some boost if the professor who writes the targeted letter is familiar with or has some kind of link to Stanford's program, but not many applicants can get that kind of letter. Plenty of people get in without it. I don't think it's a make or break component of the application.

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:14 pm

How much does applying earlier matter at Stanford? I didn't get the sense from reading about Stanford that early applications were emphasized that much...do you think it's too late to apply with long-shot numbers (3.82/173)? LSP has me as strong consider but looking at LSN I am skeptical of that.

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:27 pm

democrattotheend wrote:How much does applying earlier matter at Stanford? I didn't get the sense from reading about Stanford that early applications were emphasized that much...do you think it's too late to apply with long-shot numbers (3.82/173)? LSP has me as strong consider but looking at LSN I am skeptical of that.
Stanford, along with Yale and Berkeley, is among the most holistic of the top law schools. Your softs will matter. If you have interesting softs, you definitely have a chance with your numbers.

And I doubt that Stanford looks much more favorably on early applications. Any effect, if it exists at all, is slight. It shouldn't deter you from applying.

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Stanford... why are you so slow?

englawyer

Silver

Post by englawyer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:30 pm

does stanford issue a "complete" email or anything? I got a received email so far.

thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hopefulincal

Bronze

Post by hopefulincal » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:33 pm

englawyer wrote:does stanford issue a "complete" email or anything? I got a received email so far.

thanks!
Yes they do, but it could take a while.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:34 pm

englawyer wrote:does stanford issue a "complete" email or anything? I got a received email so far.

thanks!
Yes, there is a complete email. It reads:

Subject: Stanford Law School Application Complete

Dear Crackberry:

Your application for admission to Stanford Law School is now complete and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee. We will communicate with you again when a decision has been made.

Sincerely,
Stanford Law School
Office of Admissions
559 Nathan Abbott Way
Stanford, CA 94305
Phone: 650 723-4985
Fax: 650 723-0838
Email: admissions@law.stanford.edu

georgina

Bronze

Post by georgina » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:35 pm

hopefulincal wrote:

thanks!
or maybe it came and you missed it? i got my complete email the day after i submitted.

englawyer

Silver

Post by englawyer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm

georgina wrote:
hopefulincal wrote:

thanks!
or maybe it came and you missed it? i got my complete email the day after i submitted.
i got an email about a small part of the form i forgot to fill out (doh). perhaps i will go complete during the next round of app processing

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hattori Hanzo

Silver

Post by Hattori Hanzo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:45 pm

thanks!
I submitted in Nov. but never got the complete email. Called a few weeks ago and they told me my app. is complete and under review so I guess some emails do get lost.

joshhoward

Bronze

Post by joshhoward » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 pm

i got an email several days after i applied telling me that they had everything except for the Form B. its been a month now and I haven't heard anything since. Should I send them and email asking for an update, or should I just wait?

Havaianas

Bronze

Post by Havaianas » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:29 pm

kingabraham3 wrote:i got an email several days after i applied telling me that they had everything except for the Form B. its been a month now and I haven't heard anything since. Should I send them and email asking for an update, or should I just wait?
I had a similar situation and I had to email them to get the confirmation.

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:31 pm

bleeehhhhhhhh. anyone know when we can expect the next decisions? I just submitted my semester grades today, and they lifted my gpa up enough that I no longer fear imminent dingage...unless the ding arrives before LSAC processes my grades. damn you backed up lsac damn you..... :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:33 pm

nixxers wrote:bleeehhhhhhhh. anyone know when we can expect the next decisions? I just submitted my semester grades today, and they lifted my gpa up enough that I no longer fear imminent dingage...unless the ding arrives before LSAC processes my grades. damn you backed up lsac damn you..... :shock:
Last year there was a large-ish group (10+ on LSN) who were admitted the 16th and 17th. I'd bet the beginning of next week brings more calls.

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Kretzy wrote:
nixxers wrote:bleeehhhhhhhh. anyone know when we can expect the next decisions? I just submitted my semester grades today, and they lifted my gpa up enough that I no longer fear imminent dingage...unless the ding arrives before LSAC processes my grades. damn you backed up lsac damn you..... :shock:
Last year there was a large-ish group (10+ on LSN) who were admitted the 16th and 17th. I'd bet the beginning of next week brings more calls.
lol nice tar

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:36 pm

nixxers wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
lol nice tar
Lucille was suffering from a hangover-related headache and sought her medication. That's when she mistook the the red-eye alcohol warning for a winking-eye alcohol suggestion.

joshhoward

Bronze

Post by joshhoward » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Havaianas wrote:
kingabraham3 wrote:i got an email several days after i applied telling me that they had everything except for the Form B. its been a month now and I haven't heard anything since. Should I send them and email asking for an update, or should I just wait?
turns out they sent it a few days ago, but it landed in my spam folder (along with my Berkeley acceptance!). strange.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CordeliusX

Bronze

Post by CordeliusX » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:17 am

Why isn't there more Stanford appreciation here on TLS? I see H vs. Y all the time. The TLS review made me really hopeful of getting in :D

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

kingabraham3 wrote:
Havaianas wrote:
turns out they sent it a few days ago, but it landed in my spam folder (along with my Berkeley acceptance!). strange.
I also had to email them to receive the confirmation of completion.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:25 am

CordeliusX wrote:Why isn't there more Stanford appreciation here on TLS? I see H vs. Y all the time. The TLS review made me really hopeful of getting in :D
I love Stanford. If you want SLS love, just talk to me.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:39 am

I'll talk your ear off about both Stanford and Cal. :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

grrrstick

Bronze

Post by grrrstick » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:13 pm

Anyone want to predict when the next acceptances will come out?

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:15 pm

grrrstick wrote:Anyone want to predict when the next acceptances will come out?
Next week.

citydweller09

Bronze

Post by citydweller09 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Any ... second ... now ... NOW! RIGHT NOW! :lol:

Yeah sorry, no idea. Also no idea what I'm doing in this thread, since I don't have a prayer.

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Later this week, I predict.

Last year, Stanford released a large batch of decisions--well, large by Stanford standards--on January 16, which was a Friday.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”