Stanford 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cavebat2000

Bronze

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Post by cavebat2000 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:28 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:Thanks guys!

Stanford and Yale >> Harvard :D
Pshh, my cycle is better. I got into the Supreme Court!

:)

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:54 pm

los blancos wrote:
crackberry wrote:Northwestern doesn't have nearly as good sports as Stanford or Duke. Then again, Duke can't touch Stanford either.
eh NU is top 30 in the directors cup almost every year and our revenue sports are at least as good as stanford
Uhh, we are Top 1 in the Director's Cup every year.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm

crackberry wrote:
los blancos wrote:
crackberry wrote:Northwestern doesn't have nearly as good sports as Stanford or Duke. Then again, Duke can't touch Stanford either.
eh NU is top 30 in the directors cup almost every year and our revenue sports are at least as good as stanford
Uhh, we are Top 1 in the Director's Cup every year.
Yes, I know... :roll:

:mrgreen:

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:56 pm

tomhobbes wrote:Stanford accepts Cal students? I guess the rivalry really is one-sided. Congrats!
We have no reason to fear them. They are beneath us. They are a public school, after all.

Also, to whomever was defending Duke bball, when was the last time Duke didn't choke in the tournament? Yes, Stanford (and the Pac 10) sucks, but Duke can't win em when they count anymore.

pleasepickme

Bronze

Post by pleasepickme » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if any ding letters showed up in the Midwest today. Still checking my mailbox compulsively...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:36 pm

pleasepickme wrote:Hey everyone, I'm wondering if any ding letters showed up in the Midwest today. Still checking my mailbox compulsively...
LOL, I've been dreading my mailbox for the past 2 days. At this point, I have heard from all the schools that send acceptances via snail mail, and have not heard from any of the top 3, all of which I think ding by snail mail. So at this point, if my roommate hasn't IMed by 5:45 to say I got mail, it's good news. She scared the hell out of me on Tuesday when she told me she was pretty sure I had bad news...I thought it was from one of HYS, but it turns out it was my acceptance letter from Georgetown, which she thought was bad news because it was so small.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:38 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
pleasepickme wrote:Hey everyone, I'm wondering if any ding letters showed up in the Midwest today. Still checking my mailbox compulsively...
LOL, I've been dreading my mailbox for the past 2 days. At this point, I have heard from all the schools that send acceptances via snail mail, and have not heard from any of the top 3, all of which I think ding by snail mail. So at this point, if my roommate hasn't IMed by 5:45 to say I got mail, it's good news. She scared the hell out of me on Tuesday when she told me she was pretty sure I had bad news...I thought it was from one of HYS, but it turns out it was my acceptance letter from Georgetown, which she thought was bad news because it was so small.
Harvard dings via email.

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:52 pm

crackberry wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:
Harvard dings via email.
Really? I read somewhere else on TLS that they ding via snail mail?

I have been eagerly awaiting e-mail from Harvard, hoping for a JR1, but now I'm afraid of it. I figure a rejection there is inevitable since I went complete 2 weeks ago and have yet to get a JR1 e-mail.

maudlinstreet

Bronze

Post by maudlinstreet » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:53 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
crackberry wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:
Harvard dings via email.
Really? I read somewhere else on TLS that they ding via snail mail?

I have been eagerly awaiting e-mail from Harvard, hoping for a JR1, but now I'm afraid of it. I figure a rejection there is inevitable since I went complete 2 weeks ago and have yet to get a JR1 e-mail.
they do indeed ding by email. :p

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Congrats, Bear! Might you be swayed by Stanford, or is Yale your clear front-runner?

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:07 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
Congrats, Bear! Might you be swayed by Stanford, or is Yale your clear front-runner?
I'm like a leaf in the wind. I'll sway to wherever the breeze takes me.

I've tried balancing the pros and cons of each school, and realized that doesn't really help. I'm fine with whichever I choose. Just got to see which school makes me feel more at home.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:13 pm

CardinalRules wrote:

Apologize for the grainy video, but you can't get this at Yale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-oxjZpAGfA

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP-NlPIV ... re=related

Oh man, that second one. What a game.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:18 pm

crackberry wrote:Apologize for the grainy video, but you can't get this at Yale:

or this:

--LinkRemoved-- ... re=related

OR THIS :D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfebpLfAt8g

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:21 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:Apologize for the grainy video, but you can't get this at Yale:

or this:

I actually enjoyed watching our band get trashed in that one. :D

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:21 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:

or this:

I knew you'd bring that up. Whatever, that was before any of us were born. Also from Wikipedia: "Stanford leads the series record at 55-46-11 (wins-losses-ties)." (Yes I know Cal has dominated recently. When you can accept JC transfers and certifiable idiots like Aaron Rodgers and Jahvid Best, you are bound to be good.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Game_% ... ootball%29

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:21 pm

CardinalRules wrote:I actually enjoyed watching our band get trashed in that one.
Also this. I hate the band.

EijiMiyake

Bronze

Post by EijiMiyake » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:27 pm

crackberry wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:

or this:

I knew you'd bring that up. Whatever, that was before any of us were born. Also from Wikipedia: "Stanford leads the series record at 55-46-11 (wins-losses-ties)." (Yes I know Cal has dominated recently. When you can accept JC transfers and certifiable idiots like Aaron Rodgers and Jahvid Best, you are bound to be good.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Game_% ... ootball%29
el-oh-el. Not everyone can take 5(!!) classes like Gerhart.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ConMan345

Silver

Post by ConMan345 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:27 pm

crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:I actually enjoyed watching our band get trashed in that one.
Hey now, they may be nuts, but I prefer them to normal marching bands.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:28 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
I actually kinda like them too. Who the hell burns down their own equipment shed as a form of protest? They're literally crazy.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:29 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
They're not nuts, they're borderline criminal people who engage in vandalism. I wish that the university would disband (haha) them because they reflect poorly on Stanford's image.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Easily the best thing the band has ever done was during a game at BYU, they performed a fake marriage ceremony between one man and five women, and the fake preacher proclaimed, "I now pronounce you man and wife ... and wife ... and wife ... and wife ... and wife." They've been banned for life.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ConMan345

Silver

Post by ConMan345 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:33 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
They're not nuts, they're borderline criminal people who engage in vandalism. I wish that the university would disband (haha) them because they reflect poorly on Stanford's image.
Vandalism? Certainly. But one man's borderline criminal is another man's irreverent clown. They are held responsible for the shit they do, and I think they help show that people at elite schools aren't all stodgy snobs.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:34 pm

crackberry wrote:Easily the best thing the band has ever done was during a game at BYU, they performed a fake marriage ceremony between one man and five women, and the fake preacher proclaimed, "I now pronounce you man and wife ... and wife ... and wife ... and wife ... and wife." They've been banned for life.
Heard about this. Pretty ballsy.

I also heard that the drummer dressed as a priest and did some obscene acts to a nun during a Notre Dame game. That might just be legend, though.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:35 pm

I hate the band because they are an embarrassment to the school. At the Sun Bowl, on national TV, Oklahoma's band puts on their show and then our band comes on and the camera shows them for 30 seconds then goes to commercial because it's too hard to watch. Embarrassing.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:36 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:Easily the best thing the band has ever done was during a game at BYU, they performed a fake marriage ceremony between one man and five women, and the fake preacher proclaimed, "I now pronounce you man and wife ... and wife ... and wife ... and wife ... and wife." They've been banned for life.
Heard about this. Pretty ballsy.

I also heard that the drummer dressed as a priest and did some obscene acts to a nun during a Notre Dame game. That might just be legend, though.
Yeah we're banned from ND too. I forget why. God I hate Notre Dame.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”