Stanford 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nawktasy

New

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Post by nawktasy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:05 pm

People still under review unite. (I was UR as of y-day.) I really hope this means acceptance. Thoughts?

As for the WL, I know someone earlier had mentioned that Stanford pulls a decent bit from their WL. I'm sure they factor historical yield when making offers, but, still, I imagine they'd still pull a bit from the WL. And given that people have been UR this long, it's reasonable to think this group is among those for whom Dean Deal has been trying to find a place in the class.

So, there's hope all around. (I hope, hehe.)

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:12 pm

no letter in the mail today, but i called and asked for the status of my file.....my decision was mailed on 4/12.....i'm assuming it's a WL

i guess i should be happy that (according to faye) when one door closes, another opens?...hmm, not terribly comforting

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:36 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:no letter in the mail today, but i called and asked for the status of my file.....my decision was mailed on 4/12.....i'm assuming it's a WL

i guess i should be happy that (according to faye) when one door closes, another opens?...hmm, not terribly comforting
Sorry :(.
What are your other options?

Illijah

Bronze

Post by Illijah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:55 pm

BenJ wrote:And... waitlisted. Surprisingly fast from California to Boston.
Sorry to hear that.....when you called and asked (i assume) what did they tell you before?

Boba Fett

New

Post by Boba Fett » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 pm

Sorry you didn't get accepted outright; congrats you didn't get rejected!

You have great numbers. The only potential weak spot I see: "Administrator at Wikipedia and wrote my PS about it". But, then again, who knows . . .

Good luck with the rest of your cycle!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:58 pm

Sorry about the bad news, but there's still a chance with the waitlist, and I'm sure that you have some other excellent options. :)

lastMinuteGuy

New

Post by lastMinuteGuy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:07 pm

Still nothing in Boston. Hope lives for another day.

Illijah

Bronze

Post by Illijah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:30 pm

I just like to say.....this thread helps keep me sane.....thanks....

that is all.

EijiMiyake

Bronze

Post by EijiMiyake » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:34 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:
EijiMiyake wrote:
Illijah wrote:So are people expecting phone calls today?

I think if they have any chance of wrapping up the cycle by friday they're going to have to call a little more than usual....atleast hopefully.

FWIW, the waitlist letter said that they were done accepting people. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are done notifying people of acceptances though, so good luck yall.

Can you post the original writing from the letter?

Letter:
"At this point in the process, we have stopped admitting any more applicants for the present, and we have sent out a large number of denial letters to those whom we will not be accepting."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gerghk

New

Post by gerghk » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:36 pm

EijiMiyake wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:
EijiMiyake wrote:

I think if they have any chance of wrapping up the cycle by friday they're going to have to call a little more than usual....atleast hopefully.

FWIW, the waitlist letter said that they were done accepting people. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are done notifying people of acceptances though, so good luck yall.

Letter:
"At this point in the process, we have stopped admitting any more applicants for the present, and we have sent out a large number of denial letters to those whom we will not be accepting."
+1

Illijah

Bronze

Post by Illijah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:39 pm

What? It seems like they slanted the wording to make it more comforting to the reader. "No more people are going to be admitted so your next up, and we already sent a shitload of rejections out to those other losers so your in a good place!"

thats what i heard lol

nawktasy

New

Post by nawktasy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:06 am

I read it the same way as you, Illijah, not (just) because I'd like to keep hope, but because:
A) CardinalRules spoke to FD directly on 4/13 and she stated that a few more offers would still be made. Thank you for that info, btw, Cardinal.
B) If the letter is to be taken literally, it would make sense that everyone would have been included in either last Friday's 4/9 rejection batch or this Monday's 4/12 WL batch - but not everyone was.
C) Certain people were told on Tuesday and/or Wednesday that they were still under review.

Taken altogether, I do think this means there are more offers of admission. I think the WL letter probably had that wording because FD said herself that the cycle is closing up this week, so it really doesn't matter if some people receive that letter a day or two before the final admissions are made. In other words, I don't think she was necessarily going to hang on to those letters until every admit had been notified of his/her admission. We may dissect these timelines here, but the admissions office likely (slash definitely) does not. :D

Perhaps if I had devoted this much energy to LRs and LGs, I would've gotten a few more right, rendering all this moot for myself, hehe. In any case, good luck to Illijah, Core, Cal, pleasepickme, and everyone else still UR today/Friday!

Boba Fett

New

Post by Boba Fett » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:31 am

EijiMiyake wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:
EijiMiyake wrote:

Letter:
well, "for the present" can mean "for today."

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:51 am

I'm glad I'm still in the game but I want to know so bad! I wish they notified you by email.

Boba Fett

New

Post by Boba Fett » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:55 am

hiromoto45 wrote:I'm glad I'm still in the game but I want to know so bad! I wish they notified you by email.
You will be dinged.

Saya

Bronze

Post by Saya » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:57 am

Maybe everyone's still UR because they're torn between WLing and rejecting the rest of the bunch. But if Dean Deal said there will be a few more acceptances, then there probably will be more. Best of luck to everyone!

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:58 am

Boba Fett wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:I'm glad I'm still in the game but I want to know so bad! I wish they notified you by email.
You will be dinged.
:?:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Boba Fett

New

Post by Boba Fett » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:58 am

Saya wrote:Maybe everyone's still UR because they're torn between WLing and rejecting the rest of the bunch. But if Dean Deal said there will be a few more acceptances, then there probably will be more. Best of luck to everyone!
No. Y'all are still UR because Deal is a lazy fatass who's too busy chomping at a donut to mail your dings.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:59 am

nawktasy wrote:
A) CardinalRules spoke to FD directly on 4/13 and she stated that a few more offers would still be made. Thank you for that info, btw, Cardinal.
Yes, and there would have been no reason for her to be evasive or misleading because the issue doesn't concern me at this point. I probably should mention, too, that it sounded as though she was going to work her way down the large stack of WLs / rejections in her office before calling the next group of admits. She mentioned the "few more offers" after rather than before the other decisions.

Glad to be of help! As soon as she made that comment, I made a mental note to report it here.

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:11 am

CardinalRules wrote:
nawktasy wrote:
Yes, and there would have been no reason for her to be evasive or misleading because the issue doesn't concern me at this point. I probably should mention, too, that it sounded as though she was going to work her way down the large stack of WLs / rejections in her office before calling the next group of admits. She mentioned the "few more offers" after rather than before the other decisions.

Glad to be of help! As soon as she made that comment, I made a mental note to report it here.
thank you for reporting back to us from the horse's mouth!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:28 am

Dude, Herb/Boba, STFU. You're back to pissing people off.

To hiromoto: Boba is an annoying troll. Ignore him.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Boba Fett

New

Post by Boba Fett » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:46 am

hiromoto45 wrote:
Boba Fett wrote:
You will be dinged.
:?:
Just be patient. They'll let you know soon enough. I've heard of applicants being admitted to SLS as late as the day prior to the start of ASW. Others get in off the waitinglist throughout the summer. It's not too late. You'll be fine. Please ignore my previous post.

gerghk

New

Post by gerghk » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:06 am

when can waitlisted people expect to start hearing back? Do they go to work as soon as the withdrawals start trickling in?

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:01 am

bump for another day of angsting :lol:

Illijah

Bronze

Post by Illijah » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:47 am

yea we gotta keep this going...

there hasn't been an acceptance in a while.....

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”