Stanford 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
adameus

Silver

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Post by adameus » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:32 pm

castellon wrote:Is it normal that I applied in early December and still haven't received a "complete" e-mail?
I think the general procedure is that they show up at your house with a whole bunch of people and video cameras and a big cheque and they knock on your door and annouce "You've gone complete!!!!!". I can't wait to find out what they do when we get accepted....

From the sounds of it, that is actually quite normal. I would maybe shoot them an email to confirm that they have all of the materials they need for your file.

castellon

New

Post by castellon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:54 pm

adameus wrote:
castellon wrote:Is it normal that I applied in early December and still haven't received a "complete" e-mail?
I think the general procedure is that they show up at your house with a whole bunch of people and video cameras and a big cheque and they knock on your door and annouce "You've gone complete!!!!!". I can't wait to find out what they do when we get accepted....

From the sounds of it, that is actually quite normal. I would maybe shoot them an email to confirm that they have all of the materials they need for your file.
I only asked because of this e-mail.

"We write to acknowledge receipt of your application to Stanford Law School. We will contact you again if we are missing any materials and/or to notify you when your file becomes complete."

So no need to be an ass.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:58 pm

A lot of people have reported not receiving complete emails and then contacting the admissions office only to be informed that they are, in fact, complete.

castellon

New

Post by castellon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:59 pm

crackberry wrote:A lot of people have reported not receiving complete emails and then contacting the admissions office only to be informed that they are, in fact, complete.
Thank you, I haven't been following the Stanford threat, getting my hopes up in the CLS thread has been enough to drive me freaking nuts.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:00 pm

castellon wrote:
crackberry wrote:A lot of people have reported not receiving complete emails and then contacting the admissions office only to be informed that they are, in fact, complete.
Thank you, I haven't been following the Stanford threat, getting my hopes up in the CLS thread has been enough to drive me freaking nuts.
No problem. If you think you should be complete at Stanford (Dean's certification being the major hold up), just call or email the admissions office about it. They've been receptive to people with your question this cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:00 pm

castellon wrote:
adameus wrote:

"We write to acknowledge receipt of your application to Stanford Law School. We will contact you again if we are missing any materials and/or to notify you when your file becomes complete."

So no need to be an ass.
I wasn't attempting to be an ass, just trying to be funny, perhaps unsuccessfully? If you read the second part of my post I gave a serious answer. Anyways, my apologies if it was received this way.

bayareadunks

New

Post by bayareadunks » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:28 pm

adameus wrote:
castellon wrote:
adameus wrote:

So no need to be an ass.
I wasn't attempting to be an ass, just trying to be funny, perhaps unsuccessfully? If you read the second part of my post I gave a serious answer. Anyways, my apologies if it was received this way.
I laughed.

And adameus' response was helpful IMO.

Hattori Hanzo

Silver

Post by Hattori Hanzo » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:53 pm

castellon wrote:
adameus wrote:

So no need to be an ass.
Grow a sense of humor. I hear it's useful in law school.

castellon

New

Post by castellon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
castellon wrote:
adameus wrote:

So no need to be an ass.
Grow a sense of humor. I hear it's useful in law school.
Well, excusez moi! I was stupid enough to believe I could possibly make it through law school without a sense of humor. Perhaps I'll take your advice and withdraw all of my apps so that I can take a few years off in order to do my best to attempt to cultivate a sense of humor. If it turns out that I am unable to do so, I suppose I'll have to find another career path.

Since you must have a great sense of humor, I'll assume you won't consider me and ass for the previous paragraph.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

castellon

New

Post by castellon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:36 pm

adameus wrote:
castellon wrote:
adameus wrote:

So no need to be an ass.
It was funny, but a little dickish at the same time. Haha, I wasn't extremely offended or anything.

Hattori Hanzo

Silver

Post by Hattori Hanzo » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:53 pm

castellon wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:Grow a sense of humor. I hear it's useful in law school.
Well, excusez moi! I was stupid enough to believe I could possibly make it through law school without a sense of humor. Perhaps I'll take your advice and withdraw all of my apps so that I can take a few years off in order to do my best to attempt to cultivate a sense of humor. If it turns out that I am unable to do so, I suppose I'll have to find another career path.

Since you must have a great sense of humor, I'll assume you won't consider me and ass for the previous paragraph.
I said useful not necessary. It's just going to be harder but you'll probably make it. Do attempt to grow a sense of humor regardless as it's also quite useful in life and definitely on the InterTubes.

castellon

New

Post by castellon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
castellon wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:Grow a sense of humor. I hear it's useful in law school.

I said useful not necessary. It's just going to be harder but you'll probably make it. Do attempt to grow a sense of humor regardless as it's also quite useful in life and definitely on the InterTubes.
Ha, thanks, It's been a rough day, so it's a little difficult today. Although I'm finishing Cat's Cradle for the first time, I love when books make me laugh out loud.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:05 pm

castellon wrote:I love when books make me laugh out loud.
Catch-22 FTW.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

castellon

New

Post by castellon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:09 pm

crackberry wrote:
castellon wrote:I love when books make me laugh out loud.
Catch-22 FTW.
+1 YESSS, I laughed out loud to that book more than any other!

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:14 pm

well I'm glad to see some people thought I was funny :)

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Haven't been any acceptances in a while huh?

Has anyone looked to see which school has more acceptances posted on LSN so far, Yale or Stanford?

EDIT: Just checked. Stanford: 33, Yale: 17.

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:22 pm

crackberry wrote:Haven't been any acceptances in a while huh?

Has anyone looked to see which school has more acceptances posted on LSN so far, Yale or Stanford?

EDIT: Just checked. Stanford: 33, Yale: 17.
Stanford accepts almost twice as many applicants as Yale, so it looks like the two schools are proceeding at a similar pace.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jdcballer

New

Post by jdcballer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:22 pm

Why is taking so long to send out acceptances? It seems like this is longer than it has been in years past without an acceptance (15 days since last acceptance according to LSN). Any clue on the stagnation or am I just being impatient?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Don't they usually accept on Fridays?

And on LSN, Stanford had like ~35 acceptances last I checked, which was less than halfway to the number they had on LSN last cycle.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:27 pm

jdcballer wrote:Why is taking so long to send out acceptances? It seems like this is longer than it has been in years past without an acceptance (15 days since last acceptance according to LSN). Any clue on the stagnation or am I just being impatient?
They recieved my application about 15 days ago, were incredibly amazed and are now trying to decide what to do. Ideas they have come up with so far:

1) Just grant me a JD for being so damn awesome
2) rename the law school Adameus Law at Stanford University
3) Ding me so they don't have to deal with the emotional turmoil of a potential rejection from their greatest ever applicant.

I told them I'd be just okay with an acceptance. We'll see what they decide.

pleasepickme

Bronze

Post by pleasepickme » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:10 pm

jdcballer wrote:Why is taking so long to send out acceptances? It seems like this is longer than it has been in years past without an acceptance (15 days since last acceptance according to LSN). Any clue on the stagnation or am I just being impatient?

If you're just being impatient, then so am I. The tension is killing me, especially regarding my top choice school. Please please please, can we have decisions, oh great Dean Deal???

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CordeliusX

Bronze

Post by CordeliusX » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Dignan wrote: Stanford accepts almost twice as many applicants as Yale, so it looks like the two schools are proceeding at a similar pace.
Wanted to chime in: I thought their acceptance rate was nearly the same (under 10% for both). How could this be then?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:12 pm

CordeliusX wrote:
Dignan wrote: Stanford accepts almost twice as many applicants as Yale, so it looks like the two schools are proceeding at a similar pace.
Wanted to chime in: I thought their acceptance rate was nearly the same (under 10% for both). How could this be then?
Yield rates. Stanford is like 43% and Yale is 76%.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Kronk wrote:
CordeliusX wrote:
Stanford's yield on me would be 110%. They need to keep that in mind when they review my application.

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:14 pm

Kronk wrote:
CordeliusX wrote:
translation: Stanford is the ugly stepsister out of HYS... always picked last to the ball :twisted:

*runs and ducks under cover*

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”