Stanford 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Illijah

Bronze

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Post by Illijah » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:23 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:On the Stanford blog, Dean Deal states that decisions should be finalized this week.

http://blogs.law.stanford.edu/admissions/
Did anyone else find this very disheartening?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:26 pm

MellonCollie wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
MellonCollie wrote:Yikes. Think that there is still time for a pre-emptive LOCI, or should I just hold onto it for the inevitable waitlist?
Sending a LOCI now suggests last-minute desperation, and it may not be read as carefully as it will be when the flurry of decisions and decision notifications has settled. I'd wait to make sure that it has maximum impact.

True, but a) I am desperate! and b) I want them to know this!
If you think that you could write another letter after a WL, then you could send it. I was just thinking that you don't want to use all of your ammunition now.

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Illijah wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:On the Stanford blog, Dean Deal states that decisions should be finalized this week.

no more so than waiting six months has been :lol:

edited to say: for anyone who is sure they are NOT going to SLS, plz withdraw now if you have any empathy for the rest of us!!

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:29 pm

Mostly just a huge relief. I know, now, that if I don't get a call by Friday, I'm not going to Stanford. Which is fine; I have other great options. I'll just be glad that the waiting is over.

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:34 pm

BenJ wrote:Mostly just a huge relief. I know, now, that if I don't get a call by Friday, I'm not going to Stanford. Which is fine; I have other great options. I'll just be glad that the waiting is over.
would you withdraw if waitlisted?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cali167

New

Post by Cali167 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:39 pm

Illijah wrote:

Yes. For some reason it sounded like she was saying "Well it's going to be tough sending out all those rejection/WL letters this week. Thank God it's all over..phew"
Last edited by Cali167 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pleasepickme

Bronze

Post by pleasepickme » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:42 pm

tintin wrote:
Illijah wrote:

no more so than waiting six months has been :lol:

edited to say: for anyone who is sure they are NOT going to SLS, plz withdraw now if you have any empathy for the rest of us!!
+10000. Please. There are those of us who are DYING for your spots if you don't want them!

Illijah

Bronze

Post by Illijah » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Cali167 wrote:
Illijah wrote:

Yes. For some reason it sounded like he was saying "Well it's going to be tough sending out all those rejection/WL letters this week. Thank God it's all over..phew"
THATS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT.....the connection between her sitting in front of a stack of work (rejection letters) and that its almost over ended with a rant about former upset students and what not to do when you shortly receive your rejection letter was very disheartening.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:49 pm

tintin wrote:
BenJ wrote:Mostly just a huge relief. I know, now, that if I don't get a call by Friday, I'm not going to Stanford. Which is fine; I have other great options. I'll just be glad that the waiting is over.
At this point, yes. I've already started getting seriously settled into NYU (paid the deposit, SO will be nearby, have roommate plans, etc.) I could still walk away from that right now, but I couldn't walk away from it a month from now, or in June or August.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Cali167

New

Post by Cali167 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Illijah wrote: THATS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT.....the connection between her sitting in front of a stack of work (rejection letters) and that its almost over ended with a rant about former upset students and what not to do when you shortly receive your rejection letter was very disheartening.
Brb buying glow in the dark karma string.... :cry:

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:09 pm

BenJ wrote:
tintin wrote:
At this point, yes. I've already started getting seriously settled into NYU (paid the deposit, SO will be nearby, have roommate plans, etc.) I could still walk away from that right now, but I couldn't walk away from it a month from now, or in June or August.

I would sit on the waitlist for a month or two maybe. I love Harvard and would not be dissapointed if I end up there, but I really really really want to stay on the west coast. I'm crossing my fingers that she finally gets to my file which I submitted on the last day before the deadline and says, "wow, I'm glad we still have a spot for adameus". Actually I hope she does that today so I can still try to book a flight for the ASW.

expat

New

Post by expat » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Anyone have any new educated guesses and/or downright unfounded assertions as to how many acceptances might remain? Not that I'm grasping at straws or anything...

lovepink2

New

Post by lovepink2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:47 pm

All of us who get rejected should band together and send hoards of glow in the dark karma strings to her office.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:18 pm

expat wrote:Anyone have any new educated guesses and/or downright unfounded assertions as to how many acceptances might remain? Not that I'm grasping at straws or anything...
A couple of weeks ago (I think, sometime recently anyway) someone said, with apparent insider knowledge, that about 20% of seats had yet to be awarded. Acceptances in the meantime have probably whittled that down to around 10% or so to be awarded this week.
lovepink2 wrote:All of us who get rejected should band together and send hoards of glow in the dark karma strings to her office.
I was considering this, with an amused letter rather than a hostile one.

sandiecohen47

Bronze

Post by sandiecohen47 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Appropriately, I was wearing my brand-new Boalt Hall Class of 2013 T-shirt when I checked my mail today. Rejection from Stanny. I totally saw this coming and I'm sort of (bizarrely) relieved. Good luck to everyone else!

pleasepickme

Bronze

Post by pleasepickme » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:14 pm

sandiecohen47 wrote:Appropriately, I was wearing my brand-new Boalt Hall Class of 2013 T-shirt when I checked my mail today. Rejection from Stanny. I totally saw this coming and I'm sort of (bizarrely) relieved. Good luck to everyone else!
Congrats on Boalt, but sorry about Stanford. Are you in CA now?

sandiecohen47

Bronze

Post by sandiecohen47 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:16 pm

pleasepickme wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:Appropriately, I was wearing my brand-new Boalt Hall Class of 2013 T-shirt when I checked my mail today. Rejection from Stanny. I totally saw this coming and I'm sort of (bizarrely) relieved. Good luck to everyone else!
Congrats on Boalt, but sorry about Stanford. Are you in CA now?
Nope, I live in DC. But I'm a native Californian who's ready to come home.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lovepink2

New

Post by lovepink2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:20 pm

OMG!!! THIS SAME THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME! I was wearing my Boalt shirt today when I checked my mail (twenty minutes ago) and received my ding from Stanford. Thirty minutes prior, I'd read Dean Faye's blog and told my boyfriend that I felt like she was speaking to me when she was talking about all the rejections she'd be sending out soon.

NOTE TO ALL STANFORD APPLICANTS WHO HAVE YET TO RECEIVE A DECISION: DO NOT read Dean Faye's latest blog and then go check your mail wearing your Boalt shirt from ASW. YOU WILL BE REJECTED!

Good luck to you all!
Last edited by lovepink2 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:25 pm

Did they give out the Boalt shirts to everyone who went to the ASW?

lovepink2

New

Post by lovepink2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:26 pm

crackberry wrote:Did they give out the Boalt shirts to everyone who went to the ASW?

Yes, they were handed out during registration.

sandiecohen47

Bronze

Post by sandiecohen47 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:27 pm

lovepink2 wrote:
OMG!!! THIS SAME THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME! I was wearing my Boalt shirt today when I check my mail (twenty minutes ago) and received my ding from Stanford. Thirty minutes prior, I'd read Dean Faye's blog and told my boyfriend that I felt like she was speaking to me when she was talking about all the rejections she'd be sending out soon.

NOTE TO ALL STANFORD APPLICANTS WHO HAVE YET TO RECEIVE A DECISION: DO NOT read Dean Faye's latest blog and then go check your mail wearing your Boalt shirt from ASW. YOU WILL BE REJECTED!

Good luck to you all!
I totally just LOL'd because I also e-mailed my boyfriend the link to her blog an hour before I got home and said (verbatim), "Babe, I'm a goner." HA. Word to the wise.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Checked my mail. Ding postmarked 4/9.

hermione0901

New

Post by hermione0901 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:56 pm

existenz wrote:Checked my mail. Ding postmarked 4/9.
Boo! Sorry. Location?

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:03 pm

lovepink2 wrote:
crackberry wrote:Did they give out the Boalt shirts to everyone who went to the ASW?

I guess that's what I get for staying home (a 20 minute BART ride from Boalt) and watching The Masters instead, huh?

To be fair to Boalt, though, Harvard's ASW was also this weekend and if I'd gone to one, it would've been Boalt's. I actually sort of feel bad for ditching Berkeley ASW; I don't feel at all bad about missing Harvard's.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:19 pm

crackberry wrote:
lovepink2 wrote:

I guess that's what I get for staying home (a 20 minute BART ride from Boalt) and watching The Masters instead, huh?

To be fair to Boalt, though, Harvard's ASW was also this weekend and if I'd gone to one, it would've been Boalt's. I actually sort of feel bad for ditching Berkeley ASW; I don't feel at all bad about missing Harvard's.
Hell, I live in Berkeley and didn't even go to the ASW. It looks like I missed out on a good time, though (and a free shirt). I regret withdrawing my app before the ASW.

That being said, who's pumped for the SLS ASW? I know I am!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”