Stanford 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kretzy

Silver

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Post by Kretzy » Thu May 13, 2010 11:51 am

Core wrote:I hope the waitlist sees more action than this thread :).
That's what she said.

skynet

Bronze

Post by skynet » Sat May 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Kretzy wrote:
Core wrote:I hope the waitlist sees more action than this thread :).
That's what she said.
That would be a really weird thing for her to say, which makes this joke perfect. Well done, Kretz!

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Sat May 22, 2010 1:12 pm

A friend and I applied as a group and put Munger 2BR and Munger 4BR as our only preferences, but we got EV 2BR. How does that work out when a) there were so many non-law students in Munger during ASW and b) law students get priority in Munger? I'm content with EV, but a little surprised/curious.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Sat May 22, 2010 1:41 pm

WhiskeyGuy wrote:A friend and I applied as a group and put Munger 2BR and Munger 4BR as our only preferences, but we got EV 2BR. How does that work out when a) there were so many non-law students in Munger during ASW and b) law students get priority in Munger? I'm content with EV, but a little surprised/curious.
That's strange. I applied in a four-person group for Munger, and got Munger year-long, but they didn't tell us if our group stayed together. Where on your form does it say your specific assignment? My assignment round is "Lottery" so I'm worried we didn't get kept together.

Also, we may wanna move this to the SLS '13 thread so as not to clutter stuff up here!

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Sat May 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Kretzy wrote:
WhiskeyGuy wrote:A friend and I applied as a group and put Munger 2BR and Munger 4BR as our only preferences, but we got EV 2BR. How does that work out when a) there were so many non-law students in Munger during ASW and b) law students get priority in Munger? I'm content with EV, but a little surprised/curious.
That's strange. I applied in a four-person group for Munger, and got Munger year-long, but they didn't tell us if our group stayed together. Where on your form does it say your specific assignment? My assignment round is "Lottery" so I'm worried we didn't get kept together.

Also, we may wanna move this to the SLS '13 thread so as not to clutter stuff up here!
Where is that thread?

Go to Axxess and look for "Application Number" on your housing assignment. The number should be the same for all of your roommates (it was for me and my bud). My assignment says "Lottery," too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Sat May 22, 2010 4:12 pm

WhiskeyGuy wrote:
Kretzy wrote:

Where is that thread?

Go to Axxess and look for "Application Number" on your housing assignment. The number should be the same for all of your roommates (it was for me and my bud). My assignment says "Lottery," too.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 9&start=50

And thanks! That's really helpful.

amputatedbrain

Bronze

Post by amputatedbrain » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:14 pm

Has anyone gotten an e-mail confirming receipt of their 2nd enrollment confirmation? I got a response after just a few days from the first one, but it's been almost 10 days since I mailed the 2nd one and still nothing. . .

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:49 am

amputatedbrain wrote:Has anyone gotten an e-mail confirming receipt of their 2nd enrollment confirmation? I got a response after just a few days from the first one, but it's been almost 10 days since I mailed the 2nd one and still nothing. . .
I haven't. Mailed mine about a week ago.

Come to think of it, I don't believe I got a confirmation from my first deposit either, but I handed it to them in person, so I was fairly sure they'd received it.

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:11 pm

Kretzy wrote:
amputatedbrain wrote:Has anyone gotten an e-mail confirming receipt of their 2nd enrollment confirmation? I got a response after just a few days from the first one, but it's been almost 10 days since I mailed the 2nd one and still nothing. . .

Come to think of it, I don't believe I got a confirmation from my first deposit either, but I handed it to them in person, so I was fairly sure they'd received it.
When is the 2nd deposit due by?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:39 pm

doinmybest wrote:
Kretzy wrote:

It isn't a deposit, just a confirmation that you'll be enrolling. Due by June 15, I believe.

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:03 pm

Kretzy wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
Kretzy wrote:

It isn't a deposit, just a confirmation that you'll be enrolling. Due by June 15, I believe.
Hmmm I guess there will probably be some WL movement shortly after that.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:29 pm

doinmybest wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
Hmmm I guess there will probably be some WL movement shortly after that.
I would bet so. If you've double-deposited you have to withdraw from that other school by this date, though you can remain on a WL (though with Yale saying their class is full, I bet lots of folks are starting to fully plan on SLS if that's their other option).

There's also a deferral option, and I know a few folks who are seriously considering it, so there will probably be some spots to open up.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:22 pm

to those considering deferral! Do it! It will be the best year of your life!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:26 pm

adameus wrote:to those considering deferral! Do it! It will be the best year of your life!
There are definitely a few. I'd be surprised if no one did.

In full disclosure, I thought about it two weeks ago. I already have (I think, c'mon Housing!) three roommates though, but had a pretty cool job opportunity at a brewery here in Colorado.

Sorry I couldn't help someone out, definitely starting next year.

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Kretzy wrote:though with Yale saying their class is full
Ouch. Where'd you hear this? Yale's admissions blog?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:01 pm

doinmybest wrote:
Kretzy wrote:though with Yale saying their class is full
Ouch. Where'd you hear this? Yale's admissions blog?
http://twitter.com/ylsadmissions:

"As the Class of 2010 graduates (--LinkRemoved--), the Class of 2013 is finalized. We'll let you know if there's any further movement."

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:48 pm

Kretzy wrote:
adameus wrote:to those considering deferral! Do it! It will be the best year of your life!
There are definitely a few. I'd be surprised if no one did.

In full disclosure, I thought about it two weeks ago. I already have (I think, c'mon Housing!) three roommates though, but had a pretty cool job opportunity at a brewery here in Colorado.

Sorry I couldn't help someone out, definitely starting next year.
hey, you gotta do what is best for you. I just hope for a whole bunch of people what's best is for them to go next year :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rosie87

New

Post by rosie87 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 pm

hey guys... i was just accepted off the waitlist and am super excited... but way behind on the planning curve. what do people recommend for 1L housing?

thanks!

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:37 pm

rosie87 wrote:hey guys... i was just accepted off the waitlist and am super excited... but way behind on the planning curve. what do people recommend for 1L housing?

thanks!
hey rosie:

this thread seems to have died with the summer. I am not an admitted student, but from the sounds of it, a lot of people are choosing to live on campus in the munger residence, which is supposedly very nice.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:19 pm

adameus wrote:
rosie87 wrote:hey guys... i was just accepted off the waitlist and am super excited... but way behind on the planning curve. what do people recommend for 1L housing?

thanks!
hey rosie:

this thread seems to have died with the summer. I am not an admitted student, but from the sounds of it, a lot of people are choosing to live on campus in the munger residence, which is supposedly very nice.
First off, Rosie, congrats!

And yes, this seems to have died a bit. I keep checking every few days, and it seems I don't miss much action. Once you get your SUNet ID number (which comes in your admission packet), you can create an account through Axess (an internal Stanford website) that allows you to fill out the application for Housing on-campus. I'd imagine you might have a tougher time getting into Munger, but I would be surprised were there not campus housing still available. You may even want to call Housing at (650) 723-2428 to ask.

Hope that helps!

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:07 pm

Does anybody know if SLS is over or under-enrolled this cycle? Some of the people getting off the HLS waitlist seem to be withdrawing from SLS, but SLS doesn't seem to be taking many off its WL (so far I think it has been 2 people).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:07 pm

thanks!
Congrats!!!

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Core wrote:Does anybody know if SLS is over or under-enrolled this cycle? Some of the people getting off the HLS waitlist seem to be withdrawing from SLS, but SLS doesn't seem to be taking many off its WL (so far I think it has been 2 people).
I have no factual knowledge but I do have speculation. My guess is that Dean Deal is waiting until the June 15th enrollment confirmation deadline to get a better idea of how many spots she needs to fill. From there she will start to make more offers. Who really knows though...

amputatedbrain

Bronze

Post by amputatedbrain » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:23 am

This thread's lifespan is almost up . . . another couple months and it will be time for the Stanford 2011 thread. As far as housing goes, Munger is probably full or close to it. But Escondido Village is the other major housing complex, and it's not bad. It's not as high speed low drag as Munger, but perfectly reasonable, and just slightly farther away from the law school.

theadw

Bronze

Post by theadw » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:23 am

thanks!
There are also off-campus options (most easily explored via Craigslist) if you'll be in Palo Alto sufficiently early (probably 1-2 weeks) to screen them. If you're interested in having roommates, post to the SLS Google/FB group and you'll probably get some replies.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”