Stanford 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ConMan345

Silver

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Post by ConMan345 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:37 pm

On a Southwest flight, they all ran from side to side while the plane was in flight and were banned from Southwest. At an Oregon game, after Oregon had legalized medical marijuana, they formed into a giant joint on the field. General ridiculousness.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:38 pm

crackberry wrote:I hate the band because they are an embarrassment to the school. At the Sun Bowl, on national TV, Oklahoma's band puts on their show and then our band comes on and the camera shows them for 30 seconds then goes to commercial because it's too hard to watch. Embarrassing.
+1. I'd rather be considered a stodgy, elitist snob than a senseless, tasteless hyena, but that's just me.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:38 pm

ConMan345 wrote:On a Southwest flight, they all ran from side to side while the plane was in flight and were banned from Southwest. At an Oregon game, after Oregon had legalized medical marijuana, they formed into a giant joint on the field. General ridiculousness.
Yeah I agree that some of the shit they do is funny. But some of it makes me cringe. And sometimes the band's humor is esoteric at best. That's annoying.
Last edited by crackberry on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:38 pm

ConMan345 wrote:On a Southwest flight, they all ran from side to side while the plane was in flight and were banned from Southwest. At an Oregon game, after Oregon had legalized medical marijuana, they formed into a giant joint on the field. General ridiculousness.
Teehee
crackberry wrote: Yeah we're banned from ND too. I forget why. God I hate Notre Dame.
Me too, and here's one small reason why:

--ImageRemoved--

ConMan345

Silver

Post by ConMan345 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:39 pm

crackberry wrote:I hate the band because they are an embarrassment to the school. At the Sun Bowl, on national TV, Oklahoma's band puts on their show and then our band comes on and the camera shows them for 30 seconds then goes to commercial because it's too hard to watch. Embarrassing.
I will admit, they are definitely not meant to be seen from a stadium seat 200 yards away; they're best up close.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:40 pm

The giant joint joke was funny, I admit. But as a Catholic I was really offended by the ND thing, and the Mormon thing was over the line as well. Religion should be off the table in these situations.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:42 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
The giant joint joke was funny, I admit. But as a Catholic I was really offended by the ND thing, and the Mormon thing was over the line as well. Religion should be off the table in these situations.
Do you remember what they did at ND? I forget.

ConMan345

Silver

Post by ConMan345 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:44 pm

To each their own : )

Though I'm not a "hyena," I certainly enjoy offensive humor (an oxymoron).

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:47 pm

crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
Via wikipedia: Drum major Eric Selvik dressed as a nun and conducted the band using a wooden cross as a baton. (During the pregame show and first half of the game, the drum major had been dressed as an Orthodox Jew, where the wooden cross was part of a menorah-like baton.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ConMan345

Silver

Post by ConMan345 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:49 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
crackberry wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
Via wikipedia: Drum major Eric Selvik dressed as a nun and conducted the band using a wooden cross as a baton. (During the pregame show and first half of the game, the drum major had been dressed as an Orthodox Jew, where the wooden cross was part of a menorah-like baton.)

Lol, hmmm, risky thing to have as the 2nd/3rd thing on Google when people Google you.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:52 pm

ConMan345 wrote:

Lol, hmmm, risky thing to have as the 2nd/3rd thing on Google when people Google you.
Yeah, I hope to be in a car if I ever run into him. 8)

EDIT: J/k of course. I'm not homicidal. To each their own, I know. Still....

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:26 pm

any news today? someone got in yesterday right?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:27 pm

tintin wrote:any news today? someone got in yesterday right?
BioE made the YS sweep happen yesterday. Hopefully more folks hear today!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:27 pm

Kretzy wrote:
tintin wrote:any news today? someone got in yesterday right?
BioE made the YS sweep happen yesterday. Hopefully more folks hear today!
that is pretty impressive! congrats bioE.

I just got WL'd at michigan, now the only school that remains to hear back from is stanford...here's to hoping that (one way or another) they end my cycle quickly.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:38 pm

does anyone know if they phone or mail Canadians for acceptances?

mochafury

Bronze

Post by mochafury » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:55 pm

adameus wrote:does anyone know if they phone or mail Canadians for acceptances?
No, of course not -- they send them via RCMP, personally. Duh, eh.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:03 pm

tintin wrote: I just got WL'd at michigan, now the only school that remains to hear back from is stanford...here's to hoping that (one way or another) they end my cycle quickly.
Tintin, I just got the Michigan WL too! I only have Harvard left.

Also, did anyone else get the call from a non-restricted #? I had always heard that Dean Deal calls from a restricted #, so I was pretty surprised when I saw the (650) area code.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:04 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
tintin wrote: I just got WL'd at michigan, now the only school that remains to hear back from is stanford...here's to hoping that (one way or another) they end my cycle quickly.

Also, did anyone else get the call from a non-restricted #? I had always heard that Dean Deal calls from a restricted #, so I was pretty surprised when I saw the (650) area code.
Yeah this happened to someone else. Weird that she apparently uses two different lines.

tomhobbes

Bronze

Post by tomhobbes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:06 pm

crackberry wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:

Yeah this happened to someone else. Weird that she apparently uses two different lines.
An odd conclusion to draw, Wouldn't the better conclusion be that it wasn't really Dean Deal who called BioE, but instead some prankster? Sorry dude, but you got owned.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:08 pm

tomhobbes wrote: An odd conclusion to draw, Wouldn't the better conclusion be that it wasn't really Dean Deal who called BioE, but instead some prankster? Sorry dude, but you got owned.
Damn, I didn't think Ashton Kutcher was still punking people. If that's the case, then I feel honored.

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:08 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:

you got into stanford but WL at mich? admissions are weird.......gives me some small modicum of hope though!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:10 pm

tintin wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:

you got into stanford but WL at mich? admissions are weird.......gives me some small modicum of hope though!!
Yale, too.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:11 pm

tintin wrote:
Definitely a weird process. To be fair, I think that Chicago (who also WL'd me) and Michigan knew that I didn't want to end up in the Midwest :D

Still a little bitter that Dean Zearfoss sent me a hand-signed fee waiver telling me that she loves Berkeley grads, though.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:12 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
tintin wrote:
Definitely a weird process. To be fair, I think that Chicago (who also WL'd me) and Michigan knew that I didn't want to end up in the Midwest :D

Still a little bitter that Dean Zearfoss sent me a hand-signed fee waiver telling me that she loves Berkeley grads, though.
Zearfoss is a tease. She also loves Colorado grads, Chicago grads, Northwestern grads, and every Ivy grad to name a few.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Does UM not YP? All its peers do.

(Blatant pro-BoalTTT trolling.)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”