Page 34 of 166

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:01 pm
by jm19
babaghanouj wrote:NYUUUUUUUUU!!!! Just got the call from the parents!! :mrgreen: (Not sure if this gives me motivation for studying for finals or makes them irrelevant...hmm)


I thought I'd be able to relax once I got my purple envelope, but even knowing that I'm into one of my very, very top choices, I can't bear the thought of losing a UGPA-contingent scholarship at another top school. So much for a smooth-sailing senior year. :evil:

On the other hand, I assume we're all pretty Type A. We'd probably do the work anyway because who wants Bs when you can have As?

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:02 pm
by PapantlaFlyer
ChaotiCait wrote:CONGRATS TINTIN!!! Man I am freaking out, this morning they said they hadn't sent me anything, and I sent them an email asking to send stuff to my permanent address, where I will be going on Sunday. Now I'm wondering when they're going to send something, I'm ED, so I'm hoping this means I'm in?? HEART ATTACK.


What??? Sorry, my brain is fried from reading this forum all day, but I have no idea how you reached that conclusion.

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:04 pm
by Saya
puppins wrote:
Saya wrote:No purple envelope! :cry: I love purple! I suppose this gives me more motivation to push through with finals. :x

Have any international students received their packet yet?


:( sowwy. where are you getting mail?
Canada! Canada! I'm your neighbor! Lol. 10 minutes from the US border and still international. Usually, I am amused by this. Today, less so. :lol:

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:05 pm
by wackjickham
ChaotiCait wrote:CONGRATS TINTIN!!! Man I am freaking out, this morning they said they hadn't sent me anything, and I sent them an email asking to send stuff to my permanent address, where I will be going on Sunday. Now I'm wondering when they're going to send something, I'm ED, so I'm hoping this means I'm in?? HEART ATTACK.


USPS has a free mail-forwarding service. I'm using that for Christmas break, it's much easier to have your mail forwarded than to call each individual school.

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/flow.do?_flowExecutionKey=_c3AF5C9FE-9C2E-D2A0-736D-718082C04030_kBC312943-5EB1-043F-8EBE-E35346FFDB9F

It says change your address, but you can set it up as a temporary forwarding account.

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:20 pm
by ChaotiCait
The admissions office told me that they hadn't mailed anything to me yet, so if they mailed it to my school address now, I most likely wouldn't be here to get it. Therefore I am asking them to mail it to where I will be.

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:21 pm
by Jericwithers
wackjickham wrote:
ChaotiCait wrote:CONGRATS TINTIN!!! Man I am freaking out, this morning they said they hadn't sent me anything, and I sent them an email asking to send stuff to my permanent address, where I will be going on Sunday. Now I'm wondering when they're going to send something, I'm ED, so I'm hoping this means I'm in?? HEART ATTACK.


USPS has a free mail-forwarding service. I'm using that for Christmas break, it's much easier to have your mail forwarded than to call each individual school.

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/flow.do?_flowExecutionKey=_c3AF5C9FE-9C2E-D2A0-736D-718082C04030_kBC312943-5EB1-043F-8EBE-E35346FFDB9F

It says change your address, but you can set it up as a temporary forwarding account.


I have thought about doing this, but what if they misplace the acceptance letter? How would you ever know if they lost it or just haven't contacted you? Thats too big of a risk for me to take.

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:24 pm
by c0rpusdelicti
I got the envelope and had to open it in another room away from my roommate in case it was a denial.

In! :D

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:25 pm
by wackjickham
Jericwithers wrote:
wackjickham wrote:
ChaotiCait wrote:CONGRATS TINTIN!!! Man I am freaking out, this morning they said they hadn't sent me anything, and I sent them an email asking to send stuff to my permanent address, where I will be going on Sunday. Now I'm wondering when they're going to send something, I'm ED, so I'm hoping this means I'm in?? HEART ATTACK.


USPS has a free mail-forwarding service. I'm using that for Christmas break, it's much easier to have your mail forwarded than to call each individual school.

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/flow.do?_flowExecutionKey=_c3AF5C9FE-9C2E-D2A0-736D-718082C04030_kBC312943-5EB1-043F-8EBE-E35346FFDB9F

It says change your address, but you can set it up as a temporary forwarding account.


I have thought about doing this, but what if they misplace the acceptance letter? How would you ever know if they lost it or just haven't contacted you? Thats too big of a risk for me to take.


I just figure the probability of them losing the mail isn't all that much greater than if my mail wasn't forwarded. Plus it's either this or wait a whole month without any letters. Most of the schools I'm waiting to hear back from have status checkers so I should know if I should be expecting a letter or not, and therefore whether or not the mail has been lost.

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:38 pm
by Jericwithers
wackjickham wrote:I just figure the probability of them losing the mail isn't all that much greater than if my mail wasn't forwarded. Plus it's either this or wait a whole month without any letters. Most of the schools I'm waiting to hear back from have status checkers so I should know if I should be expecting a letter or not, and therefore whether or not the mail has been lost.


I'm just worried about NYU, but if I get a nice letter from them by Thursday then I might forward mine as well since all other schools have status checkers (whether they update them or not is another issue).

I wouldn't put it past the post office to lose your mail because of this forwarding service though. I put my mail on hold once and it took them 3 weeks to find it all. I am not sure how mail forwarding work, but I can only imagine that if the desired delivery address isn't on the envelope that it has an equal chance to be forwarded to Santa as it does to arrive at my permanent address.

I just hope when I come back for Spring semester that I have 12 acceptance letter waiting :D . I also hope I will be less anxious if I know that theres no way I will hear anything before Jan 18th, but I will probably drive up every weekend just to check my mail :? .

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:46 pm
by acdisagod
Damn this thread. I wasn't expecting decisions so early. I know I shoudln't be expecting mine since I didn't submit my ED until 11/13 and didn't go complete until the first but this thread has me anxious.

I also have a 3.6 gpa and 171 LSAT so I'm not an auto admit or reject and shouldn't expect anything soon.



But congrats to all those who have gotten in. I'm very jealous.

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:55 pm
by Richie Tenenbaum
:(

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:58 pm
by Lieut Kaffee
acdisagod wrote:Damn this thread. I wasn't expecting decisions so early. I know I shoudln't be expecting mine since I didn't submit my ED until 11/13 and didn't go complete until the first but this thread has me anxious.

I also have a 3.6 gpa and 171 LSAT so I'm not an auto admit or reject and shouldn't expect anything soon.



But congrats to all those who have gotten in. I'm very jealous.


I need to keep an eye on you. If you get accepted before me I am definitely screwed. Similar stats, ED, and complete 11/25.

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:04 pm
by amidea
jm19 wrote:
babaghanouj wrote:NYUUUUUUUUU!!!! Just got the call from the parents!! :mrgreen: (Not sure if this gives me motivation for studying for finals or makes them irrelevant...hmm)


I thought I'd be able to relax once I got my purple envelope, but even knowing that I'm into one of my very, very top choices, I can't bear the thought of losing a UGPA-contingent scholarship at another top school. So much for a smooth-sailing senior year. :evil:

On the other hand, I assume we're all pretty Type A. We'd probably do the work anyway because who wants Bs when you can have As?


Unfortunately true. I could slack off... but then I'd feel bad.

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:05 pm
by humdrum
yay, home to good news!! my cycle's almost over...

for anyone who cares, i live about 6 min walking distance from NYU and did not get my letter (postmarked 12/1) until today.

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:06 pm
by acdisagod
Let me know what happens when you get your decision. I'm curious, and by curious I mean dying, to know how people similar to me are fairing.

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:15 pm
by Jericwithers
whataboutbahb wrote:Anyone in Texas heard anything? Sent in everything early Oct, finally got the complete email 11/3, and really, really wish there was a purple envelope in the pile of mail that I'm starting at. :(


Havn't heard anyone from Texas claim good news yet, but I am not a good indicator of whether acceptences have reached here yet (169,3.9). I hope for good news tomorrow for both you and me :D

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:18 pm
by musketeerlady
humdrum wrote:yay, home to good news!! my cycle's almost over...

for anyone who cares, i live about 6 min walking distance from NYU and did not get my letter (postmarked 12/1) until today.


Thanks, I also lives in the city. This gives me some hope until 8pm when I can get home and check mail...

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:23 pm
by GhostDynasty
Are they sending these to your permanent, or your mailing address?

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:29 pm
by The Dan
GhostDynasty wrote:Are they sending these to your permanent, or your mailing address?


Mailing address.

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:35 pm
by puppleberry finn
:mrgreen:

*jumps up and down slightly*

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:36 pm
by AngryAvocado
puppins wrote::mrgreen:

*jumps up and down slightly*


You tease...

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:40 pm
by Legacy316
Jericwithers wrote:
whataboutbahb wrote:Anyone in Texas heard anything? Sent in everything early Oct, finally got the complete email 11/3, and really, really wish there was a purple envelope in the pile of mail that I'm starting at. :(


Havn't heard anyone from Texas claim good news yet, but I am not a good indicator of whether acceptences have reached here yet (169,3.9). I hope for good news tomorrow for both you and me :D


Texas acceptance right here.

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:43 pm
by Eigenvalue A
IN!!!

Purple is such a beautiful color. :D

West coast if that helps anyone.

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:45 pm
by sm515
In as well! Totally thrilled. Never went complete either.

Re: NYU 2010

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:47 pm
by louboutin
Legacy316 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
whataboutbahb wrote:Anyone in Texas heard anything? Sent in everything early Oct, finally got the complete email 11/3, and really, really wish there was a purple envelope in the pile of mail that I'm starting at. :(


Havn't heard anyone from Texas claim good news yet, but I am not a good indicator of whether acceptences have reached here yet (169,3.9). I hope for good news tomorrow for both you and me :D


Texas acceptance right here.


I'm in Texas and I got accepted!!!!!!! Postmarked 12/1.