NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
maudlinstreet
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby maudlinstreet » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:12 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:NYU just emailed me that my file in under review by the admissions committee even though I didnt turn in my deans certification (It slipped my mind somehow!) So hopefully they wont stop reviewing it when it is sent in next week!

I don't think that NYU requires the dean's certification before admission... if they do, then I need to do that :O

oh, I guess you need it beforehand if you have disciplinary stuff, right? haha, I got worried there for a sec, but NOW I UNDERSTAND!
Last edited by maudlinstreet on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:13 pm

maudlinstreet wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:NYU just emailed me that my file in under review by the admissions committee even though I didnt turn in my deans certification (It slipped my mind somehow!) So hopefully they wont stop reviewing it when it is sent in next week!

I don't think that NYU requires the dean's certification before admission... if they do, then I need to do that :O


They do if you have a record. All my school does is send a note saying "This record is expunged" but they say they require it. But they are reviewing my app right now

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby 02082010 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:14 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:NYU just emailed me that my file in under review by the admissions committee even though I didnt turn in my deans certification (It slipped my mind somehow!) So hopefully they wont stop reviewing it when it is sent in next week!


When did you submit you app? I'm still at app received and submitted last Friday.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Unitas » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Limbo here too..
Last edited by Unitas on Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:16 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:NYU just emailed me that my file in under review by the admissions committee even though I didnt turn in my deans certification (It slipped my mind somehow!) So hopefully they wont stop reviewing it when it is sent in next week!


When did you submit you app? I'm still at app received and submitted last Friday.


I submitted my application on September 24

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby violaboy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:28 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:NYU just emailed me that my file in under review by the admissions committee even though I didnt turn in my deans certification (It slipped my mind somehow!) So hopefully they wont stop reviewing it when it is sent in next week!


I'm still in limbo. I sent in my app in early Sep, and I know that other schools received the Dean's Certification, so hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby crackberry » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:24 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:NYU just emailed me that my file in under review by the admissions committee even though I didnt turn in my deans certification (It slipped my mind somehow!) So hopefully they wont stop reviewing it when it is sent in next week!


When did you submit you app? I'm still at app received and submitted last Friday.


I submitted my application on September 24

Did you also get the "we have received your application" email from them on Tuesday? Or did they skip that and just tell you you were under review?

User avatar
letsgojayhawks
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby letsgojayhawks » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:01 pm

How long does it normally take to get an email from them acknowledging the application? I applied on 10/26, LSAC sent the report on 10/27, and I have yet to hear anything.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 pm

crackberry wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:NYU just emailed me that my file in under review by the admissions committee even though I didnt turn in my deans certification (It slipped my mind somehow!) So hopefully they wont stop reviewing it when it is sent in next week!


When did you submit you app? I'm still at app received and submitted last Friday.


I submitted my application on September 24

Did you also get the "we have received your application" email from them on Tuesday? Or did they skip that and just tell you you were under review?


I never got that email. This was an email from the assistant director of admissions

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:04 pm

letsgojayhawks wrote:How long does it normally take to get an email from them acknowledging the application? I applied on 10/26, LSAC sent the report on 10/27, and I have yet to hear anything.


It took me two and a half weeks, but I know there are others on here who certainly had to wait longer than that.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby crackberry » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:29 pm

letsgojayhawks wrote:How long does it normally take to get an email from them acknowledging the application? I applied on 10/26, LSAC sent the report on 10/27, and I have yet to hear anything.

I applied on 9/4 and didn't hear a word until 10/27.

User avatar
jm19
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby jm19 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:09 pm

crackberry wrote:
letsgojayhawks wrote:How long does it normally take to get an email from them acknowledging the application? I applied on 10/26, LSAC sent the report on 10/27, and I have yet to hear anything.

I applied on 9/4 and didn't hear a word until 10/27.


I sent on 9-3 and still haven't gotten an email. I called and was told I was complete but no official notification, yet. I'm not sure if I should be concerned about that or not.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:13 pm

jm19 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
letsgojayhawks wrote:How long does it normally take to get an email from them acknowledging the application? I applied on 10/26, LSAC sent the report on 10/27, and I have yet to hear anything.

I applied on 9/4 and didn't hear a word until 10/27.


I sent on 9-3 and still haven't gotten an email. I called and was told I was complete but no official notification, yet. I'm not sure if I should be concerned about that or not.

Probably not, given that they told you you were complete.

User avatar
jm19
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby jm19 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:16 pm

crackberry wrote:
jm19 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
letsgojayhawks wrote:How long does it normally take to get an email from them acknowledging the application? I applied on 10/26, LSAC sent the report on 10/27, and I have yet to hear anything.

I applied on 9/4 and didn't hear a word until 10/27.


I sent on 9-3 and still haven't gotten an email. I called and was told I was complete but no official notification, yet. I'm not sure if I should be concerned about that or not.

Probably not, given that they told you you were complete.


Right, and I think I should avoid being the girl who emailed to check her app status days after calling to ask the same question. But I'd still like to have written confirmation. :?

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby oneforship » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:17 pm

jm19 wrote:Right, and I think I should avoid being the girl who emailed to check her app status days after calling to ask the same question. But I'd still like to have written confirmation. :?


if it makes you feel better, I don't have written confirmation, and haven't called to confirm, and I'm not worried.

User avatar
jm19
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby jm19 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:24 pm

oneforship wrote:
jm19 wrote:Right, and I think I should avoid being the girl who emailed to check her app status days after calling to ask the same question. But I'd still like to have written confirmation. :?


if it makes you feel better, I don't have written confirmation, and haven't called to confirm, and I'm not worried.


I like your attitude and wish I had a little bit of it.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby oneforship » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:26 pm

jm19 wrote:
oneforship wrote:
jm19 wrote:Right, and I think I should avoid being the girl who emailed to check her app status days after calling to ask the same question. But I'd still like to have written confirmation. :?


if it makes you feel better, I don't have written confirmation, and haven't called to confirm, and I'm not worried.


I like your attitude and wish I had a little bit of it.


I'll share if you like.

User avatar
jm19
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby jm19 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:32 pm

oneforship wrote:
jm19 wrote:
oneforship wrote:
jm19 wrote:Right, and I think I should avoid being the girl who emailed to check her app status days after calling to ask the same question. But I'd still like to have written confirmation. :?


if it makes you feel better, I don't have written confirmation, and haven't called to confirm, and I'm not worried.


I like your attitude and wish I had a little bit of it.


I'll share if you like.


If we both end up at NYU, I'll hold you to this.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby oneforship » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:37 pm

jm19 wrote:
oneforship wrote:
jm19 wrote:I like your attitude and wish I had a little bit of it.


I'll share if you like.


If we both end up at NYU, I'll hold you to this.


Ok, but if you get in and I don't, I reserve the right to rescind my offer... :wink:

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby 02082010 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:40 am

I submitted 10/23, got the app received email on 10/29 and I'm waiting for the complete notification. I've always been under the impression that HYSCCN contact you when they are ready to contact you and typically aren't as prompt as other law schools. I'll talk it FWIW and hope one of them accept me.

phoenix_302
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:57 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby phoenix_302 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:19 pm

they're alive. just got the complete email.

irishman8062
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby irishman8062 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:20 pm

Just got a notification for my application going complete...I'm really surprised/ecstatically happy at the quick updates I've been getting from them.

Sent: 10/23
Received: 10/27
Complete: 11/03

User avatar
DallasCowboy
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby DallasCowboy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:22 pm

sent: 10/30
received: 11/3

User avatar
samer
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby samer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:22 pm

phoenix_302 wrote:they're alive. just got the complete email.


Likewise

Lysis
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Lysis » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:23 pm

samer wrote:
phoenix_302 wrote:they're alive. just got the complete email.


Likewise


+1. Sent 10/13.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”