NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Helmholtz

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:50 am

Yeah, I would not recommend calling. The lady hung up on me before I could even say, "thank you, goodbye."

thorntll

Postby thorntll » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:51 am

kittenmittons wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:To call?

Don't do eet.

Ooohhh man, I really want to call. On the other hand, I'm ED, so I think since they have to give me some kind of decision by the end of the year, it's totally conceivable that they send me a deferral. So I don't know if it would even matter, finding out if I've received a decision.

Postby 02082010 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:52 am

I'm a splitter so probably have awhile to wait anyway, and don't want to annoy those in admissions offices unnecessarily.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:54 am

Damn me and my neurotic tendencies, now I'm paranoid I pissed off somebody in the admissions office. :?

straxen

Postby straxen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:55 am

Uh-oh. Hope I haven't done anything to tick off the admissions people. FYI, I just called to ask if I was still being considered ED since I hadn't received the complete email yet, I certainly wouldn't call just to ask if you have gone decision yet.

summerschooled

Postby summerschooled » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:56 am

Helmholtz wrote:Damn me and my neurotic tendencies, now I'm paranoid I pissed off somebody in the admissions office. :?

Don't worry, it's not as though you gave them your name or anything.

Lieut Kaffee

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:56 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:I'm a splitter so probably have awhile to wait anyway, and don't want to annoy those in admissions offices unnecessarily.

If I've caught on from all the threads I try to keep track of... aren't you a URM with numbers good enough to contend at NYU pre-boost? So, aren't you in pretty darn good shape?

WiretoWire09UF

Postby WiretoWire09UF » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:57 am

georgina wrote:
response: "your application is complete, and you actually should be receiving your decision shortly."

Was it "your application is complete, and you ACTUALLY should be receiving your decision shortly?"
or "your application is complete, and you actually SHOULD be receiving your decision shortly?"

/seinfeld

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:57 am

Helmholtz wrote:Damn me and my neurotic tendencies, now I'm paranoid I pissed off somebody in the admissions office. :?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've called NYU's office twice: the 1st time I got a very nice woman, the 2nd time I got a rude woman who clearly didn't want to answer my simple question. Seems like you got the 2nd.

ChaotiCait

Postby ChaotiCait » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:58 am

Haha maybe she was annoyed because i just asked the same thing. They haven't sent me anything yet :( nooooooooooooooooo. So now I will debate what to do because I was going home for Christmas on saturday, and I'm debating whether to send them an email asking them to send things to my parents address between certain dates. sssiiggghhhhhhh

georgina

Postby georgina » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:00 pm

WiretoWire09UF wrote:
georgina wrote:
response: "your application is complete, and you actually should be receiving your decision shortly."

Was it "your application is complete, and you ACTUALLY should be receiving your decision shortly?"
or "your application is complete, and you actually SHOULD be receiving your decision shortly?"

/seinfeld

.... i don't understand the difference, and i don't really remember. she was pretty non-enthused about my whole call, so i think it was neutral-neutral, so "actually should"??

Lieut Kaffee

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:02 pm

At least two current trends seem to indicate I won't be in this first batch of acceptances [if I am ultimately to be accepted]:

1. Most of the decisions so far have been to RD folks. I'm ED

2. Most of the decisions so far have been on the lower-LSAT/higher-GPA side of [what we must assume will eventually be] the distribution. I'm the oppostite.

Sigh, after all the excitement late last week, I don't know how well I'll hold up beyond the next ~1 day.

Drew2010

Postby Drew2010 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:03 pm

maggiebre wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've called NYU's office twice: the 1st time I got a very nice woman, the 2nd time I got a rude woman who clearly didn't want to answer my simple question. Seems like you got the 2nd.

I've had similar experiences.. one of the times I called in (at around 3:30 in the afternoon) to ask whether or not I was complete I got a woman you said,

"I'm not in the right [unsure exactly what she said] right now, call back this afternoon."
The word I'm not sure about was either mode (like on a computer of something), or mood... and honestly I'm pretty sure she said mood, I just can't really believe it

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:04 pm

Drew2010 wrote:
maggiebre wrote:

I've had similar experiences.. one of the times I called in (at around 3:30 in the afternoon) to ask whether or not I was complete I got a woman you said,

"I'm not in the right [unsure exactly what she said] right now, call back this afternoon."
The word I'm not sure about was either mode (like on a computer of something), or mood... and honestly I'm pretty sure she said mood, I just can't really believe it

haha, hilarious if true

NYU: "Sorry, not in the mood right now."

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:06 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Drew2010 wrote:I've had similar experiences.. one of the times I called in (at around 3:30 in the afternoon) to ask whether or not I was complete I got a woman you said,

haha, hilarious if true

For some reason this is exactly how I imagine NYU

georgina

Postby georgina » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:06 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:2. Most of the decisions so far have been on the lower-LSAT/higher-GPA side of [what we must assume will eventually be] the distribution. I'm the oppostite.

if we take my ambiguous phone call to be an admit, you can add me as a splitter data point. i'm a by-the-book splitter for NYU. it's still so early, don't lose hope!

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:07 pm

puppins wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Drew2010 wrote:I've had similar experiences.. one of the times I called in (at around 3:30 in the afternoon) to ask whether or not I was complete I got a woman you said,

haha, hilarious if true

Haha. +1

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:09 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
puppins wrote:
Helmholtz wrote: haha, hilarious if true

Haha. +1

It's NYC, where people enjoy being angry.

ChaotiCait

Postby ChaotiCait » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Has anyone else thought about updating their address for christmas break? Is this insane? Something like, I would like to update my address between the dates of dec XX and jan XX? The woman at the admissions office said that if I wanted to change my address I should send them an email immediately.....

Drew2010

Postby Drew2010 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:21 pm

maggiebre wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
puppins wrote:
Helmholtz wrote: haha, hilarious if true

Haha. +1

It's NYC, where people enjoy being angry.

The thing I find funny is that I was really thrown off by the "call this afternoon comment".. I mean they were closing in an hour and a half...
so I asked, "you mean this afternoon?" thinking maybe she had meant tomorrow or some other random meaning that made some sense.. and she just said ya, this afternoon, as if it was only 10 AM.. really odd

bottomshelf

Postby bottomshelf » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:21 pm

puppins wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

haha, hilarious if true

I went there for UG and this is pretty much the attitude I got all the time from administrators. I almost didn't apply b/c of it.

louboutin

Postby louboutin » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:36 pm

ChaotiCait wrote:Has anyone else thought about updating their address for christmas break? Is this insane? Something like, I would like to update my address between the dates of dec XX and jan XX? The woman at the admissions office said that if I wanted to change my address I should send them an email immediately.....

I am interested in this as well. Is it worth it though to make them send me mail somewhere else for 3 weeks?

I already talked to the post office at my school. The woman send there's no point in setting up a forwarding system because it's more likely the mail would get lost than it would make it to me at my home address.

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:37 pm

louboutin wrote:
ChaotiCait wrote:Has anyone else thought about updating their address for christmas break? Is this insane? Something like, I would like to update my address between the dates of dec XX and jan XX? The woman at the admissions office said that if I wanted to change my address I should send them an email immediately.....

I am interested in this as well. Is it worth it though to make them send me mail somewhere else for 3 weeks?

I already talked to the post office at my school. The woman send there's no point in setting up a forwarding system because it's more likely the mail would get lost than it would make it to me at my home address.

Y'all should just forgo the holidays and camp out in your dorms/apartments for the duration.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:38 pm

kittenmittons wrote:Y'all should just forgo the holidays and camp out in your dorms/apartments for the duration.

Or set up a webcam inside of your mailbox that wirelessly broadcasts, so that you can see what the envelopes look for.

Great idea, or GREATEST idea?

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:39 pm

puppins wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:Y'all should just forgo the holidays and camp out in your dorms/apartments for the duration.

Or set up a webcam inside of your mailbox that wirelessly broadcasts, so that you can see what the envelopes look for.

Great idea, or GREATEST idea?

My pessimistic side says its only great.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”