NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby starsong » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:25 pm

gmail wrote:WL here as well. I think I received the letter on Saturday.

:-( Bummer. Mind sharing where (roughly) you are and when it was postmarked?

User avatar
gmail
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:41 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gmail » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:32 pm

DC and no idea, ask my parents.

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:30 pm

NYU, thanks for my first and only WL [received Friday in California]. And thanks for finishing off my cycle once and for all. It's all over, hallelujah!

Like most others, I only wanted to get in so that I could tell my grandkids that I was accepted by a T5 school. Turns out that wouldn't have been the case anyhow. :wink:

In all seriousness, good luck to all you WL'ers who are sticking it out. Godspeed!

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:NYU, thanks for my first and only WL [received Friday in California]. And thanks for finishing off my cycle once and for all. It's all over, hallelujah!

Like most others, I only wanted to get in so that I could tell my grandkids that I was accepted by a T5 school. Turns out that wouldn't have been the case anyhow. :wink:

In all seriousness, good luck to all you WL'ers who are sticking it out. Godspeed!


And with the waitlist of a Darrow recipient, any fleeting last vestige of hope I might have made claim to has vanished.

Withdrew. Felt good to be all, "psshh, I haven't gotten a decision yet, for all I know I was accepted, but I still ain't coming! -p.s. 29 weeks? srsly?"

Goodbye, NYU, I would say that it was nice to know you, but......

User avatar
theadw
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:05 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby theadw » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:NYU, thanks for my first and only WL [received Friday in California]. And thanks for finishing off my cycle once and for all. It's all over, hallelujah!

Like most others, I only wanted to get in so that I could tell my grandkids that I was accepted by a T5 school. Turns out that wouldn't have been the case anyhow. :wink:

In all seriousness, good luck to all you WL'ers who are sticking it out. Godspeed!


And with the waitlist of a Darrow recipient, any fleeting last vestige of hope I might have made claim to has vanished.

Withdrew. Felt good to be all, "psshh, I haven't gotten a decision yet, for all I know I was accepted, but I still ain't coming! -p.s. 29 weeks? srsly?"

Goodbye, NYU, I would say that it was nice to know you, but......


They'll still find you, dude. I withdrew in March and they waitlisted me yesterday despite having formally acknowledged the withdrawal.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:04 pm

theadw wrote:They'll still find you, dude. I withdrew in March and they waitlisted me yesterday despite having formally acknowledged the withdrawal.


I will send it back and tell them that their invitation for a spot on the waitlist has been denied and if they are willing to pay a small application fee, I will be available to court as a transfer student in 2011.

User avatar
Revisionist
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Revisionist » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Finally waitlisted today after applying in September.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

WL today. postmarked two weeks after the date on the letter.

wow. just, wow.

User avatar
neimanmarxist
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby neimanmarxist » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

theadw wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:NYU, thanks for my first and only WL [received Friday in California]. And thanks for finishing off my cycle once and for all. It's all over, hallelujah!

Like most others, I only wanted to get in so that I could tell my grandkids that I was accepted by a T5 school. Turns out that wouldn't have been the case anyhow. :wink:

In all seriousness, good luck to all you WL'ers who are sticking it out. Godspeed!


And with the waitlist of a Darrow recipient, any fleeting last vestige of hope I might have made claim to has vanished.

Withdrew. Felt good to be all, "psshh, I haven't gotten a decision yet, for all I know I was accepted, but I still ain't coming! -p.s. 29 weeks? srsly?"

Goodbye, NYU, I would say that it was nice to know you, but......


They'll still find you, dude. I withdrew in March and they waitlisted me yesterday despite having formally acknowledged the withdrawal.



Maybe it was the mean old lady in the office. "oh no you don't , impudent youngster! I'll show you yet! "

and to the people who said they were the rudest school: seriously. If I weren't geographically constrained to the NY area, I would have yielded to my temptation to be rude back.

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby rockchalk86 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Completed the WL CCN Triforce. Time to kill Ganon

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:29 pm

gahthelaw wrote:WL today. postmarked two weeks after the date on the letter.

wow. just, wow.


so sorry, gah. at least you weren't rejected :x .

protokurios
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:49 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby protokurios » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:45 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
theadw wrote:They'll still find you, dude. I withdrew in March and they waitlisted me yesterday despite having formally acknowledged the withdrawal.


I will send it back and tell them that their invitation for a spot on the waitlist has been denied and if they are willing to pay a small application fee, I will be available to court as a transfer student in 2011.


This sounds like a great idea. :lol: I'm awaiting my WL...only been waiting SINCE LATE SEPTEMBER.

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby goodolgil » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:05 pm

What about the mythical acceptances that the lady at admissions said were still to come? I'm thinking outright lie.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:17 pm

WL in mail today. Too bad I already withdrew, suckahs!!! aHAH! You can't fire me, I already quit!1!!

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Helmholtz wrote:WL in mail today. Too bad I already withdrew, suckahs!!! aHAH! You can't fire me, I already quit!1!!


^
the only thing i've even cracked a smile at since about noon.

protokurios
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:49 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby protokurios » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:31 pm

Just got my WL in the mail too. Time to fire NYU.

peeker82
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby peeker82 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:36 pm

neimanmarxist wrote:
theadw wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:
Maybe it was the mean old lady in the office. "oh no you don't , impudent youngster! I'll show you yet! "



just spoke to this lady. she's miserable.

User avatar
cyh
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby cyh » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:40 pm

[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

just spoke to this lady. she's miserable.[/quote]


+1 she's O-Kay

just a bit pushy.. :x :roll:

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:44 pm

Holy crap, on LSN I'm going to be the only yellow dot in a sea of green! Hahahaha. Good for me. :)

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:52 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:Holy crap, on LSN I'm going to be the only yellow dot in a sea of green! Hahahaha. Good for me. :)

Aaaaaaand lookie what was in the mail for me. I hope no one else with similar numbers gets WLed. I wanna feel special.

mstich
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:51 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby mstich » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:41 pm

Waitlisted today, #6 for the cycle

justbluemyself
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:23 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby justbluemyself » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Waitlisted today. A bit disappointing, but makes my decision easy. Columbia, here I come.

User avatar
chi16
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:12 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby chi16 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:15 pm

For people admitted and applying for aid--what is the turn around time? like an idiot, i sat on my FA application for no apparent reason, and now that decisions have to be made, i need to know if i'm going to get anything from nyu...

some day i'll grow up to not be such a f*ing moron.

nymario
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby nymario » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:43 pm

WL date 4/19 Postmark 4/24, Received 4/26 Annapolis, MD (which by the way, is next postal day - baffles me why Manhattan waits 2)

User avatar
neimanmarxist
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby neimanmarxist » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:46 pm

chi16 wrote:For people admitted and applying for aid--what is the turn around time? like an idiot, i sat on my FA application for no apparent reason, and now that decisions have to be made, i need to know if i'm going to get anything from nyu...

some day i'll grow up to not be such a f*ing moron.


I applied for aid the week I was admitted- first week of march -and got my award in the first week of April. It might be faster for you now that the crowds have thinned though.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], laowhynot109 and 8 guests