NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:29 am

Joan Hollaway wrote:Starsong there's still more rejection batches that haven't gone out yet, I live in bklyn and I still haven't gotten anything


+1 -- Silent in Queens

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby starsong » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:31 am

oneforship wrote:
starsong wrote:
oneforship wrote:My roommate tells me I got the WL letter yesterday. Pretty much exactly what I suspected when I submitted in October.

:-( Mind sharing what area of the country you're in? Still haven't received anything here.


I'm in DC. Should be a short trip for the letter. I'm not sure of the dates on the letter or the postmark, I haven't seen it myself yet.

Yeah I'm in DC too, didn't get anything yesterday. Guess the ax has yet to fall.

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby starsong » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:35 am

Joan Hollaway wrote:Starsong there's still more rejection batches that haven't gone out yet, I live in bklyn and I still haven't gotten anything

Huh it must take a while to send everything out...

nymario
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby nymario » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:36 am

Annapolis, MD also nothing - but did get a deposit deferral until the end of the month for a scholarship offer elsewhere, so I'm not sweating it too badly.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby oneforship » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:37 am

starsong wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:Starsong there's still more rejection batches that haven't gone out yet, I live in bklyn and I still haven't gotten anything

Huh it must take a while to send everything out...


Well, they send a lot more rejections/WLs than acceptances, so when you let them pile up until April like this, it kind of makes sense that it takes them forever to send them out.

wjnahill
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:25 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby wjnahill » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:02 am

Roommate called me last night to inform me of the NYU ding. Glad to finally be done, but I'll always wonder what I did wrong to not get even get waitlisted with a 177/3.6. Crying all the way to the Morningside Heights.

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby starsong » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:03 am

wjnahill wrote:Roommate called me last night to inform me of the NYU ding. Glad to finally be done, but I'll always wonder what I did wrong to not get even get waitlisted with a 177/3.6. Crying all the way to the Morningside Heights.

...wow...shocked. Really not looking forward to checking the mail now...

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:04 am

wjnahill wrote:Roommate called me last night to inform me of the NYU ding. Glad to finally be done, but I'll always wonder what I did wrong to not get even get waitlisted with a 177/3.6. Crying all the way to the Morningside Heights.


WHOA. i really don't feel so bad now. enjoy CLS! NYU can kiss my...face :D

DanInALionsDen
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:00 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby DanInALionsDen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:24 am

What do you guys make of NYU's claiming to have a "Rolling Notification, Not Rolling Admissions" policy. NYU says:

"As long as candidates take the LSAT by December and meet the February 1 deadline by having all materials received by the Office of Admissions, they will be given full and complete consideration and will be at no competitive disadvantage in the admissions process."

Think this is true? Seems like a sea of WL/rejects for anyone who applied later than December.

Here's the link, bottom of the page:

http://www.law.nyu.edu/admissions/jdadm ... /index.htm

User avatar
gmail
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:41 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gmail » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:31 am

From LSN it looks like the NYU WL is tempermental. Last year, they took no one. The year before, they took 10+. Am I reading that right?

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby clintonius » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:32 am

DanInALionsDen wrote:What do you guys make of NYU's claiming to have a "Rolling Notification, Not Rolling Admissions" policy. NYU says:

"As long as candidates take the LSAT by December and meet the February 1 deadline by having all materials received by the Office of Admissions, they will be given full and complete consideration and will be at no competitive disadvantage in the admissions process."

Think this is true? Seems like a sea of WL/rejects for anyone who applied later than December.

Here's the link, bottom of the page:

http://www.law.nyu.edu/admissions/jdadm ... /index.htm

I applied less than a week before the deadline and had an acceptance three weeks later. I think all this policy means is that they are heavily numbers-based.

User avatar
The Pen Is Mightier
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:34 am

Got the WL yesterday in manhattan. At least is came before the 30th.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:11 pm

I got 3 letters from New York schools today lol. Waitlisted at NYU :( , but at least it is better than a rejection. I pulled off the CCN waitlist trifecta! Letter arrived in Austin and I had my fall grades requested back in January.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Jericwithers wrote:I got 3 letters from New York schools today lol. Waitlisted at NYU :( , but at least it is better than a rejection. I pulled off the CCN waitlist trifecta! Letter arrived in Austin and I had my fall grades requested back in January.


good luck :)

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby starsong » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:26 pm

Jericwithers wrote:I got 3 letters from New York schools today lol. Waitlisted at NYU :( , but at least it is better than a rejection. I pulled off the CCN waitlist trifecta! Letter arrived in Austin and I had my fall grades requested back in January.

Sorry to hear jw :-(. Ah well, it's just a matter of days for me now...

emanon27
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby emanon27 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Waitlisted at NYU.

Stats: Near both medians

Location I live in Manhattan (but my letter was dated April 15 - bizarre).

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:26 pm

emanon27 wrote:Waitlisted at NYU.

Stats: Near both medians

Location I live in Manhattan (but my letter was dated April 15 - bizarre).


Mine was dated 4-15 to but not postmarked till 4-20.

Huluba23
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Huluba23 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:27 pm

wjnahill wrote:Roommate called me last night to inform me of the NYU ding. Glad to finally be done, but I'll always wonder what I did wrong to not get even get waitlisted with a 177/3.6. Crying all the way to the Morningside Heights.


Huh? YP?

tigrelis
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby tigrelis » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:01 pm

.
Last edited by tigrelis on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:02 pm

tigrelis wrote:do people under 25%ile on either score actually feel entitled to a WL?


is this directed at me?

User avatar
neimanmarxist
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby neimanmarxist » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:05 pm

:shock: there's no need for that here. play nice.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:07 pm

neimanmarxist wrote::shock: there's no need for that here. play nice.


seriously!

emanon27
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby emanon27 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
emanon27 wrote:Waitlisted at NYU.

Stats: Near both medians

Location I live in Manhattan (but my letter was dated April 15 - bizarre).


Mine was dated 4-15 to but not postmarked till 4-20.


Good call. Mine was postmarked 4-21. Guess they were just holding on to the letters.

Z3RO
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:57 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Z3RO » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:08 pm

I would imagine that >3.8 entitles you to a wait list as long as your LSAT is >165. Apparently I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:08 pm

tigrelis wrote:Do people under 25%ile on either score actually feel entitled to a WL?


When your GPA is higher than their 75th I would say you are entitled to a WL.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dala77, Thomas Hagan, ESQ. and 9 guests